Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Re: Tournament Information

Post by EAGLEMUT »

A few questions if I may.
A screenshot must be taken just before 40 minutes and submitted with your recorded game.

Screenshot of what? Not sure what is the purpose, some sort of cheating check? Do all players need to do this?
Every game must be conducted within half map. This means that before the treaty timer has expired, you may not collect resources or construct buildings past your half of the map. Military units must be on your side of the map when the timer expires. In the case of disputes, half map boundaries will be arbitrated by the casters in live games and tournament admins in recorded games. Treasure-collecting and scouting are allowed as normal.

This rule seems to contradict itself. Is treasure collecting allowed as normal past half map, or banned? Probably meant to be banned, I don't really care either way as long as the rule is clear.
Game modifications, BESIDES the Ekanta UI mod and building rotator mod, are NOT allowed.

I assume the Eaglemut-Ekanta UI is allowed as well :P
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

The screenshot surely has something to do with cheats.
Great Britain InsectPoison
Lancer

Post by InsectPoison »

EAGLEMUT wrote:A few questions if I may.
A screenshot must be taken just before 40 minutes and submitted with your recorded game.

Screenshot of what? Not sure what is the purpose, some sort of cheating check? Do all players need to do this?
Every game must be conducted within half map. This means that before the treaty timer has expired, you may not collect resources or construct buildings past your half of the map. Military units must be on your side of the map when the timer expires. In the case of disputes, half map boundaries will be arbitrated by the casters in live games and tournament admins in recorded games. Treasure-collecting and scouting are allowed as normal.

This rule seems to contradict itself. Is treasure collecting allowed as normal past half map, or banned? Probably meant to be banned, I don't really care either way as long as the rule is clear.
Game modifications, BESIDES the Ekanta UI mod and building rotator mod, are NOT allowed.

I assume the Eaglemut-Ekanta UI is allowed as well :P

Scouting and taking treasures over half map dont affect the game nearly as much as stealing a hunt or mine would so yeah thats why its allowed
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

InsectPoison wrote:
EAGLEMUT wrote:A few questions if I may.

Screenshot of what? Not sure what is the purpose, some sort of cheating check? Do all players need to do this? Screenshot of their screen to ensure players aren't cheating or using non-approved mods, yes.

This rule seems to contradict itself. Is treasure collecting allowed as normal past half map, or banned? Probably meant to be banned, I don't really care either way as long as the rule is clear. Getting treasures is allowed beyond half map, taking resources isn't. Insectpoison already explained why.

I assume the Eaglemut-Ekanta UI is allowed as well :P Depends. What did you change? If it doesn't give you any unfair advantages, I don't see why it wouldn't be allowed.

Scouting and taking treasures over half map dont affect the game nearly as much as stealing a hunt or mine would so yeah thats why its allowed
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

dicktator_ wrote:Getting treasures is allowed beyond half map, taking resources isn't. Insectpoison already explained why.[/b]

Great! Then please update the sentence in the rules as it's very confusing. Cited "This means that before the treaty timer has expired, you may not collect resources or construct buildings past your half of the map." states the exact opposite!
dicktator_ wrote: Depends. What did you change? If it doesn't give you any unfair advantages, I don't see why it wouldn't be allowed.

Yeah, I basically just removed some features from the UI to make it a bit more simple. If you want to make sure, you can check it here: http://eaglemut.com/scripts/aoe3ui/#Eka ... ple_TAD_UI
I won't be using it anyway, but some others might want to.
Howdah
EWT

Post by dicktator_ »

EAGLEMUT wrote:
dicktator_ wrote:Getting treasures is allowed beyond half map, taking resources isn't. Insectpoison already explained why.[/b]

Great! Then please update the sentence in the rules as it's very confusing. Cited "This means that before the treaty timer has expired, you may not collect resources or construct buildings past your half of the map." states the exact opposite!
dicktator_ wrote: Depends. What did you change? If it doesn't give you any unfair advantages, I don't see why it wouldn't be allowed.

Yeah, I basically just removed some features from the UI to make it a bit more simple. If you want to make sure, you can check it here: http://eaglemut.com/scripts/aoe3ui/#Eka ... ple_TAD_UI
I won't be using it anyway, but some others might want to.

Yeah, using your version of ekanta would be fine then, since all you did was remove some features. Also, treasures aren't a resource (some of them contain resources, but the treasures themselves are not resources), so I think the rules are more or less clear in that regard.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

dicktator_ wrote:Yeah, using your version of ekanta would be fine then, since all you did was remove some features. Also, treasures aren't a resource (some of them contain resources, but the treasures themselves are not resources), so I think the rules are more or less clear in that regard.

Oh wow, I was reading "treasures" instead of "resources" there for some reason. My bad! The rules are clear. I should perhaps sleep more. Seriously I read it like 20 times and still thought it said treasures, what is wrong with me.
No Flag charlemagen
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: Charlemagen

Post by charlemagen »

charlemagen wrote:Tournament Rules

Civilization Restrictions

- In a Best-of-3, you must play 2 different civilizations, then you can play any civilization once more.
- There are no Civilization restrictions prior to the Best-of-3 Semi-Finals and Finals.

Gameplay Rules

1.1 - This is a 2v2 tournament. WHICH MEANS EACH TEAM MUST CONSIST OF TWO PLAYERS :).

1.2 - A screenshot must be taken just before 40 minutes and submitted with your recorded game.

1.3 - A team's COMBINED Treaty Team ELO can not exceed ~4600.

1.4 All Tournament games MUST be played on the latest update of the Treaty Fanpatch.

1.5 - Every player must respect their opponent, casters and organizers. Misbehavior will result in a warning and can lead into disqualification. Racism and/or insults will not be tolerated.

1.6 - Every game must be recorded. Submit recorded games to the [a href="http://eso-community.net/board/70"]"Recorded Games" forum[/a].

1.7 - Every game must be played on the maps approved by the TTB staff.

1.8 - Every game must be played on ESO (Ensemble Studios Online).

1.9- Every player may restart a game BEFORE the 2 minute mark when necessary. This is allowed ONCE per map when the game is NOT casted by an official caster. Restarts for CASTED games will be etermined by the caster him/herself. The caster is allowed to restart a game as many times as necessary for optimal play.

- Every game must be played with the "Treaty - No Blockade" setting.

- Ships and docks are NOT allowed.

- Game modifications, BESIDES the Ekanta UI mod and building rotator mod, are NOT allowed.

- Team trade is STRICTLY forbidden. Team trade is when a player sends said trade resource to his/her team mate.

- Every game must be conducted within half map. This means that before the treaty timer has expired, you may not collect resources or construct buildings past your half of the map. Military units must be on your side of the map when the timer expires. In the case of disputes, half map boundaries will be arbitrated by the casters in live games and tournament admins in recorded games. Treasure-collecting and scouting are allowed as normal.

- Should both players agree, use of map-created Natives Warriors may be disallowed. This clause does NOT refer to the use of Infinite Native shipments from the Home City.

Casting Rules

2.1 - It is every player's responsibility to work with tournament staff for the casting of games.

2.2 - If the players and caster(s) determine that a selected match cannot be streamed due to lag, in order to provide an optimal environment for competitive play, the match may be streamed from the replays instead.

2.3 - Only casters that have been authorized by the tournament staff will be permitted to stream matches.

2.4 - The players in casted matches will be required to schedule their matches with their opponents and with the authorized caster(s).

2.5 - All streamed games must have a time delay of 2 minutes.

2.6 - The tournament staff reserves the right to extend the deadline of the match if deemed appropriate.

2.7 - All tournament streamed matches must be recorded.

2.8 - No additional observers may be present in games.

2.9 - In the event a staff approved caster drops from the game, the the players should still complete the match.

Disqualification Rules

3.1 - All external exploits and game modification software are forbidden. The tournament administration reserves the right to disqualify a player for use of any exploits to gain an unfair advantage.

3.2 - Exploits include but are not limited to: Map Hacks, Trainers, Explorer Revival Glitch, OOS / Intentional Lag (Stacked downloads or other game crashing exploits), and mods (zoom modification).

3.3 - If you suspect your opponent has violated any of the player integrity rules, finish the game and submit it for review with an explanation of why you think the game was unfair. If the tournament staff members find someone to be guilty of cheating, the cheater will be disqualified from the tournament.

3.4 - When a player disconnects from the internet BEFORE 10 minutes, the players can (when both agree) restart and replay the game. When the opponent does not agree to restart, the outcome of the game will be determined by the tournament staff.

3.5 - When a player disconnects AFTER 10 minutes, the players can (when both agree) restart and replay the game. When the opponent does not agree to restart, the player who lost connection will be given a loss.

3.6 - The registered account name must be the main account of its owner for proper seeding.

Scheduling Rules

4.1 - Admins will make scheduling threads for matches.

4.2 - Players must respond simply with the times they are available to play. The admin will then select a time for the players to play from the available time. Players must then confirm their agreement.

4.3 - Posts in scheduling topics will be considered along with interaction with admins when making decisions regarding scheduling. Other communications will not be considered.

Seeding

5.1 - Teams will be seeded by their combined total Treaty Team ELO, on Simple ELO.

5.4 - This seeding will be done automatically after signups close.

Map Pool and Map Rules

The map pool for the Treaty Team Brawl will be:
New Andes
New Great Plains
New Orinoco

Map download will be available soon.

6.1 -All games will be played on the veto system. The team with the higher current Treaty ELO will be granted veto advantage and the ability to ban one map and one civilization from the set. The other player will then select the map from the two remaining and ban one more civilization.

6.2 - For example, team one (4500 ELO) has the veto advantage and bans New Orinoco and Japan.team 2 (4200 ELO) bans New Great Plains and france, so the map played will be New Andes. France and Japan would not be playable in the matchup for either team.

6.3 - Finals and Semi-Finals games will be played in this map order: New Great Plains, New Andes, New Orinoco.

Prize Pool

1.1 - Winning team Takes all $200

Staff
Admins:
- Charlemagen
- CometK
- Dicktator_
- Lukas_l99
- Gichtenlord
- _NiceKing_

Casters are TBA

To sign up, go here! http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?f=170&t=7380
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Compared to the original ruleset, there is now a single new rule:
Team trade is STRICTLY forbidden. Team trade is when a player sends said trade resource to his/her team mate.

Interesting, I thought this is a pretty standard strategy.
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

EAGLEMUT wrote:Compared to the original ruleset, there is now a single new rule:
Team trade is STRICTLY forbidden. Team trade is when a player sends said trade resource to his/her team mate.

Interesting, I thought this is a pretty standard strategy.

Its really overpowered though. Imagine germany trades with france, they can delay 3 of their economy cards, in order to get out 3 more military cards. Playing vs anyone who also furtraded is a real pain
r]
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Sounds like a good strategy, actually. Why should strategies be banned, only because it requires skill? That's like banning livestock booming.
Austria OliverP
Skirmisher
ESO: OliverP

Post by OliverP »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:Sounds like a good strategy, actually. Why should strategies be banned, only because it requires skill? That's like banning livestock booming.

livestock booming requires skill --> true
sending your mate 100k resources by clicking a single button --> no skill required
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:Sounds like a good strategy, actually. Why should strategies be banned, only because it requires skill? That's like banning livestock booming.

Presumably because it would lead to civ combination imbalance and would therefore lead to all games consisting of only civs that can trade. Just speculating though, don't actually play treaty.
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

how should cramper carry me now??????
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
Sweden martinspjuth
Dragoon
ESO: martinspjuth

Post by martinspjuth »

KINGofOsmane wrote:how should cramper carry me now??????

Only sending ress to be able to participate in your mates trade is banned. Normal feeding, i.e. giving ress to someone who is drained, is still allowed i think. Am i right? @charlemagen @dicktator_ @Cometk
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

ofc, you are allowed to feed ur teammate
r]
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

OliverP wrote:livestock booming requires skill --> true
sending your mate 100k resources by clicking a single button --> no skill required

Disagreed. I don't know about other civs, but at least as india you are very tight on time and need to redistribute the resources back to your mate quickly, otherwise he starts yelling at you. I'm actually quite happy that I won't have to do it.
britishmusketeer wrote:Presumably because it would lead to civ combination imbalance and would therefore lead to all games consisting of only civs that can trade. Just speculating though, don't actually play treaty.

I certainly did not see that happening in actual treaty games. Truth is, I haven't played much treaty lately, so the situation may be different on the more balanced TR FP, especially in a tournament environment.
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_
GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

Post by _NiceKING_ »

EAGLEMUT wrote:

Disagreed. I don't know about other civs, but at least as india you are very tight on time and need to redistribute the resources back to your mate quickly, otherwise he starts yelling at you. I'm actually quite happy that I won't have to do it.

You can pause the game and send the resources ^_^
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

EAGLEMUT wrote:

India is the easiest civ to manage everything after a trade. Just give ur teammate as soon as the trade is done 10k-15k gold , which is enough for all ups and start army, and then in the last minute u send the rest of his gold back
r]
Howdah
EWT

Post by dicktator_ »

I'd also like to add that team trade also benefits some civs much more than others. Germany with team furtrade is literally impossible to beat with any civ in any situation assuming player skill levels are somewhat close. Germany benefits from furtrade more than any other civ because it allows them to delete a fk ton of vills and not get punished for it (they can already do that without furtrade, but with futrade it's even more ridiculous because they don't have to worry about balancing food/coin). Team trade is simply an imbalanced mechanic that the treaty patch would have removed from the game if we could figure out how. Civs that have furtrade (India, Iro, France) have weaknesses to compensate, civs like Germany and Portugal don't have these weaknesses and quickly become too strong with the eco boost and 4 extra cards.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Thanks for the explanations, I am now convinced it does make the games more balanced and is a good rule :flowers:
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

Gichtenlord wrote:ofc, you are allowed to feed ur teammate

so fran could feed me befor trade. and when he needs resoruces i can send them back later Kappa?
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP