Post by juicyfruit1268 »

Cometk wrote:someone say deathmatch?

:)
No Flag [TLDT]Amsterda
Dragoon
ESO: Amsterda

Re: What should the goal be in NR20?

Post by [TLDT]Amsterda »

princeofcarthage wrote:Some people have been able to get in excess of 30 rockets and over pop. But again be warned you need to win the fight or else you lose, so its a gamble kind off all in rush.
I just had to point out why some people? It's literally only me, you told me 29 was impossible so when I got 31 I told you about it.
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

princeofcarthage wrote:Your goal should to be win the game

ur goal shud be to enjoy the game
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

also i dont agree with dicktator and princeofcarthage theres no right bo and no right unit to start with cuz nr 20 is closer to sup than nr 40 is, so u have varieties in bo and start armies. the one post i agree with is kaisers. if ur not imperial u either fuked up or ur civ is fukes up.
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
No Flag [TLDT]Amsterda
Dragoon
ESO: Amsterda

Post by [TLDT]Amsterda »

sebnan12 wrote:also i dont agree with dicktator and princeofcarthage theres no right bo and no right unit to start with cuz nr 20 is closer to sup than nr 40 is, so u have varieties in bo and start armies. the one post i agree with is kaisers. if ur not imperial u either fuked up or ur civ is fukes up.
You mean to tell me musk/rockets isn't perfect composition? Jokes aside even first shipments are subject to change depending on what you want to get ready at 20 there's no card order that isn't only generally adhered to rather than always adhered to.
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

Yea I guess. My goal is always to get away with as much eco as possible while still at least coming close to maxing out and remaining safe (as few short term eco boost cards/mili shipment cards as possible). Trying to find the best build for each civ with this goal in mind was what made 20 enjoyable for me. But there are other ways to play it, like go for big over pop armies.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
No Flag almalek
Skirmisher

Post by almalek »

NR40 deck is ideal, at lt level you could away with basic many strats, and I always get to age v.
United States of America bittersalt123
Howdah

Post by bittersalt123 »

Use ports as I think they're the easiest and imo a very strong civ. Get to imperial and get all upgrades from capitol and have a good army of goons ready at 20 min with some mortars if neccessary :P
"It makes a lot of sense to me that you're a Floridian." fightinfrenchman

Who needs water when you've got Brawndo – The Thirst Mutilator?

Secretary of State: But Brawndo's got what plants crave. It's got electrolytes
Italy King_Power_S
Crossbow

Post by King_Power_S »

Hi guys

there is a card order for the dutch 20 ?
France ǝɯɐuɹǝsn
Dragoon

Post by ǝɯɐuɹǝsn »

nobody asked but NR20 with french is easy : age 5 with all imperial up of the capitol, imperial gendarme and it's over most of the case, and if your ennemy know how to counter and got enough eco just mix with goon (and inf if you need it), but imp gendarme are so lame that you can just hit the eco and won, the game end at 25mn max
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

Getting capitol ups and imperial gendarmes isn't exactly possible on all maps. If you get imperial gendarmes without capitol it's nearly impossible to keep spam. Many civs have superior start armies. Skirm goon and then eventually adding gendarmes is much better.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Germany AndiAOE
Skirmisher
ESO: mk8by8bcity

Post by AndiAOE »

King_Power_S wrote:Hi guys

there is a card order for the dutch 20 ?

i usually go 3 vills, colbertism, 2 bank cards, church card, refridgeration, factory

France ǝɯɐuɹǝsn
Dragoon

Post by ǝɯɐuɹǝsn »

princeofcarthage wrote:Getting capitol ups and imperial gendarmes isn't exactly possible on all maps. If you get imperial gendarmes without capitol it's nearly impossible to keep spam. Many civs have superior start armies. Skirm goon and then eventually adding gendarmes is much better.
imperial capitol ups is possible everytime eveywhere, so from this, having imp gendarme is just about 22mn in the worst cases
France ǝɯɐuɹǝsn
Dragoon

Post by ǝɯɐuɹǝsn »

+ you got a minimum of 2 layers of upgraded wall at the end of the treaty so if you can be a bit late it's ok
Germany AndiAOE
Skirmisher
ESO: mk8by8bcity

Post by AndiAOE »

ǝɯɐuɹǝsn wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:Getting capitol ups and imperial gendarmes isn't exactly possible on all maps. If you get imperial gendarmes without capitol it's nearly impossible to keep spam. Many civs have superior start armies. Skirm goon and then eventually adding gendarmes is much better.
imperial capitol ups is possible everytime eveywhere, so from this, having imp gendarme is just about 22mn in the worst cases
i dont know how imperial gendarms would help in a meta, where you go either goons/ heavy canon or musket heavy canon. you ll just be dead after 2 min
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

Gend should be fine as a cheese or vs certain civs on a map where maxout is possible. I don't remember so I could be wrong but I think with a floko tier boom you can get capitol ups and maxout even off Deccan as long as the res are good. But yea walls + skirms/art and gends later seems like the better play.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
Retired Contributor

ǝɯɐuɹǝsn wrote:
Its not really possible everytime and definitely not everywhere. The only map you can consistently get is Deccan. Rest simply depends on spawns and 1v1 2v2 or 3v3. Yes there are some maps where you can this more often than not. 2 minutes is huge amount of time. I can have 230+ total pop at 20 with brits almost every time on most maps. Same goes for Japan, Ports. Iro is tricky but can be done. Russian units are damn weak so it doesn't matter but if you drain then Russia can win too. Otto, Spain can revolt have 250-280 military pop at 20, not sure if they can win though. Besides you can't keep spam up until 25-28 mins anyways until those eco cards are sent. The only civs that French can beat with Gendarme spam on consistent basis are Germany, Dutch, Sioux, and maybe India.
Germany blasdg
Dragoon

Post by blasdg »

Dopp spam with all cars handily destroys gendarm spam ngl
Retired Contributor

blasdg wrote:Dopp spam with all cars handily destroys gendarm spam ngl
Not really.

1) Dopps are less mobile as compared to Gendarmes.
2) You need to either base trade or run around map behind gendarmes, while France lays waste to your eco.
3) If you base trade, France should be in better position at 20 tbh on most maps.
4) It is easier to defend against dopps than Gendarmes.
France ǝɯɐuɹǝsn
Dragoon

Post by ǝɯɐuɹǝsn »

princeofcarthage wrote:
ǝɯɐuɹǝsn wrote:
Its not really possible everytime and definitely not everywhere. The only map you can consistently get is Deccan. Rest simply depends on spawns and 1v1 2v2 or 3v3. Yes there are some maps where you can this more often than not. 2 minutes is huge amount of time. I can have 230+ total pop at 20 with brits almost every time on most maps. Same goes for Japan, Ports. Iro is tricky but can be done. Russian units are damn weak so it doesn't matter but if you drain then Russia can win too. Otto, Spain can revolt have 250-280 military pop at 20, not sure if they can win though. Besides you can't keep spam up until 25-28 mins anyways until those eco cards are sent. The only civs that French can beat with Gendarme spam on consistent basis are Germany, Dutch, Sioux, and maybe India.
definitely possible on all map, deccan is just a lame map where everything is possible, but you can be imp with capitol upgrade on every map, and having max pop at 20mn just mean low eco and low upgrade, wich is not really viable, and i don't say to only spam gend everytime, you start with that to hit eco + factory if you can, you'll probably be in faster than your opponent, and as i said if the opponent got the good army to counter you just got to mix with goon or skirm, and after that, french eco will just beat other eco, even more if the guy is age 4

and the 2mn are the max max you can need on the worst map, wich not mean you don't make army before, but it's just the moment (in the worst case) where your gend gonna be imp + capitol up, but you can still go for imp goon before if the guy think he can play vs french lame
Retired Contributor

Age 4? Who even stays age 4. Who even gets their factory killed with gendarmes at 20? Might work at pr20 level, definitely not at top level.
France ǝɯɐuɹǝsn
Dragoon

Post by ǝɯɐuɹǝsn »

Idk if you talk to me but i never said to stay age 4, i said the opposite