NR 60

Austria Foire421
Skirmisher
ESO: foire421

Re: NR 60

Post by Foire421 »

French curch card is mandatory because of the Eco boost! German church card is pretty much always a waste of a card to be honest unless u plan on dop running which shouldn't work on ori.
No Flag Indstec
Crossbow

Post by Indstec »

So its worth to send french church card before making barracks?
No Flag Indstec
Crossbow

Post by Indstec »

I really have not enough space in my french nats deck.
Which card should i keep? 15 % attack + health for gendarmes or infinite gendarme shipment?
Austria Foire421
Skirmisher

Post by Foire421 »

Indstec wrote:So its worth to send french church card before making barracks?
Yes, in a nr60 Context it is. You might just go nr10 and just spam base at 20 min tho
Austria Foire421
Skirmisher

Post by Foire421 »

Indstec wrote:I really have not enough space in my french nats deck.
Which card should i keep? 15 % attack + health for gendarmes or infinite gendarme shipment?
Wanna keep both actually
No Flag Indstec
Crossbow

Post by Indstec »

Ok. And what is the benefit of the french art card?
It boosts also culvs. Does it mean that you just need one shot to kill horse art or is it still two shots?
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

you could just check that out yourself
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
No Flag [TLDT]Amsterda
Dragoon
ESO: Amsterda

Post by [TLDT]Amsterda »

Spoilers, still 2 shots.
China juicyfruit1268
Skirmisher
ESO: Torie

Post by juicyfruit1268 »

The French artillery damage card has a few effects, which I'd argue are quite nice

1. If your opponent has enough team artillery hp cards stacked to 3 shot culverins (India, Ottoman, Portugal), your 25% culverin damage guarantees that you can still 2 shot the culverins.
2. It allows mortars able to be 2 shot, while without the damage increase sometimes mortars take 3 culverin shots to kill depending on artillery hp cards.
3. Horse artillery can 2 shot culverins (depending on artillery hp cards again) if they are in range, as well as doing more damage to infantry.
4. The 25% culverin damage is also great against Indian siege elephants, but France vs India is quite one sided that it shouldn't matter.

Overall I'd say it's worth using the 25% damage increase to culverins and horse artillery.
No Flag [TLDT]Amsterda
Dragoon

Post by [TLDT]Amsterda »

juicyfruit1268 wrote:The French artillery damage card has a few effects, which I'd argue are quite nice

1. If your opponent has enough team artillery hp cards stacked to 3 shot culverins (India, Ottoman, Portugal), your 25% culverin damage guarantees that you can still 2 shot the culverins.
2. It allows mortars able to be 2 shot, while without the damage increase sometimes mortars take 3 culverin shots to kill depending on artillery hp cards.
3. Horse artillery can 2 shot culverins (depending on artillery hp cards again) if they are in range, as well as doing more damage to infantry.
4. The 25% culverin damage is also great against Indian siege elephants, but France vs India is quite one sided that it shouldn't matter.

Overall I'd say it's worth using the 25% damage increase to culverins and horse artillery.
4 is more applicable to treaty patch though since they're light cav on re.
China juicyfruit1268
Skirmisher

Post by juicyfruit1268 »

[TLDT]Amsterda wrote:
juicyfruit1268 wrote:The French artillery damage card has a few effects, which I'd argue are quite nice

On treaty patch 25% damage to culv, falc horse art, and heavy cannon was changed to 25% falconet damage, so I'd say it isn't particularly relevant to treaty patch.
No Flag [TLDT]Amsterda
Dragoon

Post by [TLDT]Amsterda »

juicyfruit1268 wrote:
[TLDT]Amsterda wrote:

On treaty patch 25% damage to culv, falc horse art, and heavy cannon was changed to 25% falconet damage, so I'd say it isn't particularly relevant to treaty patch.
I guess, I assumed it worked for culvs since I don't really see culvs being made vs siege ele on re. Do you make culvs vs siege ele? I used to but stopped.
China juicyfruit1268
Skirmisher

Post by juicyfruit1268 »

[TLDT]Amsterda wrote:
juicyfruit1268 wrote:
Show hidden quotes
I guess, I assumed it worked for culvs since I don't really see culvs being made vs siege ele on re. Do you make culvs vs siege ele? I used to but stopped.
Honestly on RE you can do whatever you want with France vs India and you would still win easily. Considering siege elephants are countered by gendamres, voltigeurs, dragoons, and culverins, take forever to train, don't kill artillery fast enough, are super expensive, and take a ton of population, I think you've got plenty of options of countering siege elephants that isn't culverin.
No Flag Indstec
Crossbow

Post by Indstec »

Ok. And why most players dont use gold cards as french?

I have to switch vills to gold after 20 min fight or even less. When my teammates trade with me then its later.
But a game can last for two hours or longer, so you have an eco disadvantage. So why no gold cards?
No Flag [TLDT]Amsterda
Dragoon

Post by [TLDT]Amsterda »

Indstec wrote:Ok. And why most players dont use gold cards as french?

I have to switch vills to gold after 20 min fight or even less. When my teammates trade with me then its later.
But a game can last for two hours or longer, so you have an eco disadvantage. So why no gold cards?
It should last longer than 20 minutes of fighting, what score do you get at 60 and how long before do you trade? The reason for the lack of gold cards is mostly to add native cards and hurons. If you're playing a France mirror and notice your opponent doesn't have plant cards you can try playing passive and drawing the game out to get an advantage.
Germany JulianK
ESOC Pro Team
EPL Reigning Champs

Post by JulianK »

If your gold is spent after 20 minutes in a nr60 game then you might wanna watch a boom guide or think twice about your unit choice :P