Trickles

Zimbabwe PeachTree
Skirmisher

Trickles

Post by PeachTree »

Hi,

I wanted to know which trickles are good and which arent.. I think the team trickle card is silly but ive seen it in some of my friends deck and wanted to know. Thanks.
Austria supahons
Dragoon
ESO: supahons

Re: Trickles

Post by supahons »

a trickle is usually <2 villagers, so usually it's just too bad. It's definitely not worth to send before ~nr30.

here are the gathering rates, if you want to calculate it ;) - http://aoe3.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/for ... 32509,0,10
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Wood trickle is good if you don't have vill shipments (ie Russia and India), else it's just bad.
Germany supernapoleon
Lancer
ESO: Supernapoleon

Post by supernapoleon »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:Wood trickle is good if you don't have vill shipments (ie Russia and India), else it's just bad.

Treaty section :hmm:
"I'M SOOOOOO GOOD AT THE GAME"
Hazza wrote: "I mad u win cos u get carried all game and have to lame every game"
Germany supernapoleon
Lancer
ESO: Supernapoleon

Post by supernapoleon »

You send the wood and gold trickle in most cases (expect for france I think)
"I'M SOOOOOO GOOD AT THE GAME"
Hazza wrote: "I mad u win cos u get carried all game and have to lame every game"
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

supahons wrote:a trickle is usually <2 villagers, so usually it's just too bad. It's definitely not worth to send before ~nr30.

here are the gathering rates, if you want to calculate it ;) - http://aoe3.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/for ... 32509,0,10

I'd argue the fact that it is a lategame upgrade that actually also accelerates your boom can make it worthwhile. I don't even think that booms become worse when you start off with a villager shipment. It's just that that generally means at the end of the nr40 your effective eco is slightly worse because you shipped a card that is now useless, but I think it's actually close to improving the boom scores. For nr30 and nr20 I would estimate villager shipments might actually be worth it. But ifyou can ship a villager shipment that doesn't become absolutely worthless once you max out on villagers that seems usually good for all gamemodes, which is why trickles are apperantly worth it (judging from supernapoleon's post).
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Shipping vils is just horrible in nr40 though. Maybe you'll be max vils 1 min earlier or something, but for like 20 minutes your vils will be missing one eco card, which is huge.
So yeah trickles work just because it's eco overpop.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Kaiserklein wrote:Shipping vils is just horrible in nr40 though. Maybe you'll be max vils 1 min earlier or something, but for like 20 minutes your vils will be missing one eco card, which is huge.
So yeah trickles work just because it's eco overpop.

True, but actually I think it can improve your score at 40 minutes, for example when you ship 3 CDB as France. That's not worth a lot because having slightly better eco @40 minutes is more important than having a slightly bigger bank @40minutes
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Well I think you get an extra 100 score or so if you have an extra 15% gathering on mills for example. At least that's roughly what you get if you have a nat like mayas or w/e. I'm not sure if shipping 3v would make up for this 100 score deficit, but I don't think so.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

supahons wrote:a trickle is usually <2 villagers

<3 :love:
Austria supahons
Dragoon

Post by supahons »

It's usually bad -> the quick lazy answer to an unspecific question.

it depends nr10-nr55?
with natives (more wood needed) or without?
with cows or without?
with resource trade card?
limited amount of shipments - tp/no tp?
the Germans have a trickle but nobody sends it in nr40 (better cards?) ...

The longer the game is the better trickle is (vill limit) ...
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

China has the best trickles in the consulate- they don't require a card to use so it makes them much more worthwhile- but i can't honestly say how good they would be outside of treaty as im usually using my export on musketeers in supremacy
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

supahons wrote:the Germans have a trickle but nobody sends it in nr40 (better cards?) ...

The longer the game is the better trickle is (vill limit) ...

These are basically connected. Germans do not really have a vill limited, when they send Germantown Farmers or how the card for building settler wagons is called. They can stack an incredible mass of ressources before the treaty time is over and can more easily balance economy vs military pop. They can also choose to stay a bit defensive for some time, putting more pop into the economy to enable the next heavy push.

Chinese trickles are in really nice. In team games, I usually do not send red coats, but directly ally with germans for the reduction in banner cost and the trickles. They nearly add up to a factory (~+5.0 ressources per second roughly?)
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

As for sup the german consulate has always been quite good for FI'ing. At least on RE since your old han costs A LOT if you only have 30v.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

You get like 10 vills when hitting IV, n'est-ce pas ?
Pay more attention to detail.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

I think usually you use the tower to fort and the academy to industrial, so you get 12 skirms and not 10 vils. You're most likely gonna get right clicked when you hit industrial so you'll need the skirms to defend
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

duckzilla wrote:Chinese trickles are in really nice. In team games, I usually do not send red coats, but directly ally with germans for the reduction in banner cost and the trickles. They nearly add up to a factory (~+5.0 ressources per second roughly?)

Its pretty close to a factory, yeah. Plus you factor in the decrease in banner army cost so thats effectively another couple vills worth of resources saved. Its one reason China actually can out-eco the British in RE Treaty
Zimbabwe PeachTree
Skirmisher

Post by PeachTree »

Is the team trickle card as india terrible? It gives some export or something right?
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

Trickles appeal to the lazy part of me
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

PeachTree wrote:Is the team trickle card as india terrible? It gives some export or something right?

India has better cards to send. Also trickles are bad in the late game as compared to eco upgrades so better get those
Austria supahons
Dragoon

Post by supahons »

*If you play a 4v4 (nice lag), ~3v3 (nr30+?, without trade) then you can send it.

Teamtrickle 0.2f/0.2w/0.2c/0.1 Export/0.1 XP per player
Distributism 1.25w + 1 vill
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

It might be bad but I sometimes send it in 3v3/4v4 if I get an extra shipment in age1 (so I go both wood trickle and team trickle). I think the big downside is that you don't get a villager for sending this card, because it's a team card.
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

EAGLEMUT wrote:I think the big downside is that you don't get a villager for sending this card, because it's a team card.

Did not know this. Imo, that makes the card actually bad in games with less players than 4v4.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Zimbabwe PeachTree
Skirmisher

Post by PeachTree »

Hmm, so is the regular all resource trickle good? I like to send it as china for 1st card.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

China you usually want to send your villager card after building 2 villages (or after a tp and a village). I have also heard of sending 300 wood (not great). I dont think the trickle is worth it as it adds up to like, 1.5 villies? It does trickle export which is hard to put a value on but i dont think it is worth nearly as much as 2-3 vills, especially when you consider you need the villages up anyways since you will burn through pop space faster than any other civ