I always liked Otto, especially with the Andes nats upgrade so you don't have so much trouble keeping popped and getting Jans out. Never seemed to drain no matter what.
dansil92 wrote:Sioux is really strong treaty civ on choke point maps, where they can slam down teepees and get 130 attack wakina and 1000 hitpoint rifleriders
Until their opponent figures out what walls and mortars are...
on RE france dominates all and then it's closer
2. China: Best eco, never drain as units are cheap. 35 range resist cav. 30 rattan and unlimited crows.
3. Japan: Strongest units. Eco equivalent to 99 vils with shrines.
4. Port: Explorers are lame af especially when backed up with 50 range mortars. 20 range goons, and 50% range resist cassadors.
5. Brits: Great eco with cows, best musk and hus. Rockets are op.
6. German: Great eco, sucks at start fight, but high attack uhlan, dop and free hc are op.
7. Spain: missionary aura is op. Depends on nats and how many places you have to fight. It can be higher than brits with good nats combo
8. Iro: One of the best eco. Great units (225 pop + op nats + native shipments) with attack dance. Tough to play as cowing, micro with art (less range than culvs), changing dance, and slow training speeds, with wood being a limited resource as no factories.
9. Russian: Weak units but they are dirt cheap, so eco is decent. Cossack spam drains you, but are best unit for 1 pop.
10. India: Great eco. Unit train slow but are strong. Easy to run and gain map control.
11. Otto: Good eco. 13 towers and strong buildings is the way to go if you are fighting at one spot, and you can always use abus to kill opponents art. Running is always an option while gaining map control in your main fight. Bonus: Losing vils while fighting, you gain them back for free, without worrying about training them.
12. Aztec: You beat all civs at start fight. Best ranged anti cav. 1k gold is op for maintaining eco till late game. A good musk, skirm civ counters aztec.
13. Dutch: 146 pop fighting with a lot of art, basically means you should mostly win culv wars. 1 pop ruyters and skirm combo in mass backed up by art counters mostly everything. Eco is meh. You need win fight fast and get map. 8 halb shipment and to camp, you can have 13 towers in your deck.
14. Sioux: 250+ attack wakina, and riffle riders are good in teepees. Explorer is op to kill any art. They lack siege units and walls to stop runs if need be. Counter to sioux is walls and mortars. Port does this best with explorers and 50 range mortars.