Medicine in Treaty as Russia or India?

United States of America randerzbobanderz
Musketeer
ESO: RandyBobandy

Medicine in Treaty as Russia or India?

Post by randerzbobanderz »

Does anyone use this card as either India or Russia? Does it make a significant difference in Treaty 20 or 40? I've figured that I can max vils around 16 mins as India with it, but I don't know if the gain is worth the slot in my deck.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Re: Medicine in Treaty as Russia or India?

Post by Kaiserklein »

Cards matter a lot in treaty. Medicine is equivalent to a big crates shipment (you get more resources in by popping vils faster). It's not really rewarding in the long run, compared to an eco or unit upgrade.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

Could be used as India in nr20 on certain maps
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

team medicine is a consideration as india or aztec in nr20 3v3's. in 1v1s no, and almost never in tr40, however... i think @dicktator_ has done some testing with team medicine in tr40 3v3, where you have an ottoman ally. it might boost the ottoman player's boom by like 100 points or something? (ie, 10k resources). not quite sure how accurate my memory is on that
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

For 40, I think team medicine is meh for india, even with an otto mate. However Aztec can pick team medicine with an otto mate. Because they will be team woodtrading anyway, they can take out a wood card and have room for it. If it's just otto on the team they can take out team wood as well (team medicine will boost ottos boom more than team wood).
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

last time i checked medicine does not work correctly for russia and only decreases time by 5% (i.e affecting only 1 of 3 settlers trained in a batch). This appears to be a bug. However i wouldn't recommend it for a treaty game
Musketeer

What do you guys think about Foreign Logging as India? I've always figured that its worth less than just sending a 15% or 20% wood cutting bonus card, since you have around 20 ish vils by the time you get to send it.
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

@randerzbobanderz wood's base gather rate is .5 per second, so with a 20% upgrade, each villager would gather an additional .1 wood per second. even if you have 20 vills on wood, that would only add up to 2.0 wood per second, which is less than foreign logging's 2.35 wood p/s. also take into the account that during the boom you won't always have 20 vills on wood, and also that foreign logging is constant, and doesn't have to walk around to chop trees. it's a priority card :)
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Also the wood trickle is an infinite source of wood so on maps like deccan it helps you save the trees
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Musketeer

Cometk wrote:@randerzbobanderz wood's base gather rate is .5 per second, so with a 20% upgrade, each villager would gather an additional .1 wood per second. even if you have 20 vills on wood, that would only add up to 2.0 wood per second, which is less than foreign logging's 2.35 wood p/s. also take into the account that during the boom you won't always have 20 vills on wood, and also that foreign logging is constant, and doesn't have to walk around to chop trees. it's a priority card :)

Very good point, I didn't think of that!