As the nr 20 tournament grows closer the probability of Mongos victory approaches 100%

How likely do you think Mongos victory is at the moment with current signups?

80-100%
36%
60-79%
6%
50-59%
3%
<50%
55%

Total votes: 33

No Flag [TLDT]Amsterda
Dragoon
ESO: Amsterda

As the nr 20 tournament grows closer the probability of Mongos victory approaches 100%

Post by [TLDT]Amsterda »

With most of the signups having either 0% win rate against Mongo in 1v1 or no record against Mongo due to being sup players or team players it's safe to assume Mongo who would play any civilization in 1v1 normally yet still retain his dominance over other players would easily be able to pick out the winning options in tournament from his array of civilizations and build orders with his meticulous understanding of everything you might go for. As the player with probably by far most experience playing vs Mongo in 1v1 nr 20 and highest win rate vs him this year (12-12 but with one obs game included where I accidentally left my explorers past hm causing him to be able to only make only one nat post on andes with his explorer due to my afk explorers killing his while he went for 2nd nat post) I can tell there's still a lot of things he hasn't shown yet while I'm clearly as transparent as a book so I suggest if anyone wants even a chance to win practice as much as you can and if you want you can whisper me on eso for practice together. If you want to practice together with Mongo that may be a viable option if you're able to convince him but only to get a high placement rather than win the tournament since his understanding of you will grow larger while even the paths you may take to find a build which could win through practice in secret would become predictable and easy to counter.
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Re: As the nr 20 tournament grows closer the probability of Mongos victory approaches 100%

Post by princeofcarthage »

Amster RO32, Mongo RO16, who is next?
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
No Flag [TLDT]Amsterda
Dragoon

Re: As the nr 20 tournament grows closer the probability of Mongos victory approaches 100%

Post by [TLDT]Amsterda »

princeofcarthage wrote:Amster RO32, Mongo RO16, who is next?
Yes and Brit is the best civ if played perfectly but if not it would be Japan of course. Astute observation from Prince lol. Well regardless I could be knocked out in any round but it'd be extremely unlikely for Mongo to lose since there's really nobody signed up that could be acknowledged as a threat to him unless he'd like to show humility and pretend as if anyone has a chance to beat him that isn't so miniscule that it doesn't deserve being acknowledged. I wonder if the trash talk of the players is motivating any of them lol, I'd hope so.
No Flag [TLDT]Amsterda
Dragoon

Post by [TLDT]Amsterda »

Bucknasty wrote:Auke1 destroys all
Get Auke to sign up!!!!!
Portugal sergyou
Lancer

Post by sergyou »

[TLDT]Amsterda wrote:
Yes and Brit is the best civ if played perfectly but if not it would be Japan of course. Astute observation from Prince lol. Well regardless I could be knocked out in any round but it'd be extremely unlikely for Mongo to lose since there's really nobody signed up that could be acknowledged as a threat to him unless he'd like to show humility and pretend as if anyone has a chance to beat him that isn't so miniscule that it doesn't deserve being acknowledged. I wonder if the trash talk of the players is motivating any of them lol, I'd hope so.
What do you see so Special about mongo in tr? Dicktator Will Beat him quite easily, i have no doubts
No Flag [TLDT]Amsterda
Dragoon

Post by [TLDT]Amsterda »

sergyou wrote:
[TLDT]Amsterda wrote:
What do you see so Special about mongo in tr? Dicktator Will Beat him quite easily, i have no doubts
Well I was writing about Dicks weaknesses in nr 20 then I reread your post lol, if you're asking me what's so special about Mongo in treaty as a whole I can't really say he's special, however if you meant to ask what makes him special in nr 20 I still don't know if special would be an apt description it's just that his flaws although comprised of several things which people often value quite highly in other game modes it's pretty much up to the opponent to make those flaws become relevant and I can't really say any of the players who have signed up have the skillset required to make that happen.
Retired Contributor

Statistically speaking with given base of players who has signed up mongo has exactly %of winning < 1%
No Flag [TLDT]Amsterda
Dragoon

Post by [TLDT]Amsterda »

princeofcarthage wrote:Statistically speaking with given base of players who has signed up mongo has exactly %of winning < 1%
Ah yes and theoretically speaking virginia company is a useless card lol.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Actually no
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Revert Manor Nerf; buff VC from -35% to -40%??

P.S. Is this MongoB or the real Mongo we're talking about?
No Flag [TLDT]Amsterda
Dragoon

Post by [TLDT]Amsterda »

Goodspeed wrote:Actually no
Talking about vc? I just repeated something prince said earlier.
zoom wrote:Revert Manor Nerf; buff VC from -35% to -40%??

P.S. Is this MongoB or the real Mongo we're talking about?
Yes please buff vc.

The real Mongo, not 10.
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

so whos the real mongo now ?
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
No Flag [TLDT]Amsterda
Dragoon

Post by [TLDT]Amsterda »

Sargsyan wrote:so whos the real mongo now ?
10 is cool and all (his amount of nr 20 games are in the doubledigits on main and he has even played on smurfs) but Mongobillione is the real one.
Retired Contributor

[TLDT]Amsterda wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:Statistically speaking with given base of players who has signed up mongo has exactly %of winning < 1%
In terms of nr20 yes, VC is a one time benefit card of roughly 750w, and some early settlers so early economic boom and stuff, but I believe and with little boom practice I am pretty sure non vc is just >>>> vc build, cuz extra eco/military card stacks just better in long term compared to vc. Anyways vc topic isn't of much interest as overall cowboom is just superior, except for few extremely rare circumstances.
No Flag [TLDT]Amsterda
Dragoon

Post by [TLDT]Amsterda »

princeofcarthage wrote:
[TLDT]Amsterda wrote:
In terms of nr20 yes, VC is a one time benefit card of roughly 750w, and some early settlers so early economic boom and stuff, but I believe and with little boom practice I am pretty sure non vc is just >>>> vc build, cuz extra eco/military card stacks just better in long term compared to vc. Anyways vc topic isn't of much interest as overall cowboom is just superior, except for few extremely rare circumstances.
Yea sure try to USA mirror, I go vc and you don't. You're only telling me you don't understand compound interest and that brit can't lose manors.
Germany amiggo1999
Advanced Player
Donator 01
ESO: miggo1999

Post by amiggo1999 »

seeing as I am top 1, mongo doesn't stand a chance
Image Image
Retired Contributor

[TLDT]Amsterda wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Yea sure try to USA mirror, I go vc and you don't. You're only telling me you don't understand compound interest and that brit can't lose manors.
Why would I Usa mirror lol? They are different civs afaik and would need different builds, this is specifically of in game natively available British civ. even if brit lose manors after 20 mins at that point 47 wood doesn't matter much, benefits of investing in cows and sheep are simply more massive compared to vc. The only argument and really the only one you could make is that eco/armies are roughly equal at 20 mins cuz of faster settlers and benefit of other eco cards in vc boom, but after that cowboom simply outscales vc massively
No Flag [TLDT]Amsterda
Dragoon

Post by [TLDT]Amsterda »

princeofcarthage wrote:
[TLDT]Amsterda wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Why would I Usa mirror lol? They are different civs afaik and would need different builds, this is specifically of in game natively available British civ. even if brit lose manors after 20 mins at that point 47 wood doesn't matter much, benefits of investing in cows and sheep are simply more massive compared to vc. The only argument and really the only one you could make is that eco/armies are roughly equal at 20 mins cuz of faster settlers and benefit of other eco cards in vc boom, but after that cowboom simply outscales vc massively
The card is the same but if we take USA mirror as an example it's obvious how ludicrous calling vc useless is. "The only argument and really the only one you could make is that eco/armies are roughly equal at 20 mins" This isn't about livestock vs manor boom with vc this is about whether vc is useless or not and even if we were having a conversation about manor boom vs livestock regardless of which one is better it's obvious that all the cow boomers are trash who will never boom roughly equal with roughly equal military when compared to a good manor boom outside of teams. Whether that's due to some immeasurable amount of incompetence or livestock boom being worse is up for you to decide.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

i take offense to that
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Retired Contributor

Amster is crazy, Cowboom consistently has higher boom than VC
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

NR20 isn't just about maxing eco though is it?
How many cards does a cow boom require? Might not be worth it if you have to settle for less military upgrades in order to get around the same eco you would've had otherwise.

I say that without knowing a single thing about how much difference it makes eco-wise. If you're up like 5000 resources by 20 min and your armies are the same then yeah, it's obviously better.
Retired Contributor

Cowboom requires 4 cards, while VC requires 4-5 cards to match the boom, then too cowboom is higher, ideally you won't send any military card with brits before 20 unless you have TP. VC start army might be scary in good hands, but not with...
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

I would agree that at 20minutes the VC army is better. And obviously you got more time to spare looking after the artillery pieces.

But cowing is better in the long term. It is also less dependent on the randomness of map as you get royally screwed in age IV if map does not have enough hunt.
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
No Flag [TLDT]Amsterda
Dragoon

Post by [TLDT]Amsterda »

harcha wrote:I would agree that at 20minutes the VC army is better. And obviously you got more time to spare looking after the artillery pieces.

But cowing is better in the long term. It is also less dependent on the randomness of map as you get royally screwed in age IV if map does not have enough hunt.
Definitely better long term which has a disproportionate impact in teams but in 1v1 you just abuse the advantage you got at start to win which works fine unless you fuck up.
princeofcarthage wrote:Amster is crazy, Cowboom consistently has higher boom than VC
You say as you struggle to boom 700+ on a regular basis lol.