Zamburaks

Germany psychonautics
Crossbow
ESO: slechtehond

Zamburaks

Post by psychonautics »

Is it ever worth to build Zams as AntiCav/Art on RE NR40? Or just Howdah/Siege Ele/Sepoy?
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Re: Zamburaks

Post by EAGLEMUT »

It's never worth it.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
China juicyfruit1268
Skirmisher
ESO: Torie

Post by juicyfruit1268 »

For India treaty, it's generally considered stronger to drop camel cards in favour of only running elephant cards. Running howdahs for anticav is generally also stronger than running zamburaks, and howdahs also train faster with the age 3 card and the monastary technology.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

99% that's a big no as stated for above reasons, however there is a situation you could use them but I still would not invest any cards into them. If your going up VS russia or sioux, A civ that will want to box with cavalry Zams may be your best choice to catch them because sepoy and howda can't catch them and a well microed box can wreck havock and cause all your troops to get idle everywhere. The zams will still need a lot of micro to do enough damage too but it helps herd the box around. Vs those civs that are boxing, I may delete 20 vills to be able to defend that, and then keep up an attack at their base. Hopefully to pressure them into an attack that is all on their base.
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

To stop Sioux dog box but that’s it
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Time to revert the Zamburak nerf, I guess.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
zoom wrote:Time to revert the Zamburak nerf, I guess.
viewtopic.php?f=80&t=16064&hilit=zambur ... 00#p345688

viewtopic.php?f=80&t=16064&hilit=zambur ... 00#p345695
I don't understand how the unit does poorly against Rifle Riders (which is "heavy cavalry" without ranged resistance), but some of your points make sense to me. I think you're underselling the unit in those particular posts, but a revert might still be desirable, and I note your opinion, regardless. I'll most likely decide the issue in the next poll, after the Winter Championship, together with many other questions. I'm always looking to minimize changes, while recognizing that it may be difficult to understand, from your perspective. My bad for not getting back on this, sooner, too.

Thanks!
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

zoom wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:
zoom wrote:Time to revert the Zamburak nerf, I guess.
viewtopic.php?f=80&t=16064&hilit=zambur ... 00#p345688

viewtopic.php?f=80&t=16064&hilit=zambur ... 00#p345695
I don't understand how the unit does poorly against Rifle Riders (which is "heavy cavalry" without ranged resistance), but some of your points make sense to me. I think you're underselling the unit in those particular posts, but a revert might still be desirable, and I note your opinion, regardless. I'll most likely decide the issue in the next poll, after the Winter Championship, together with many other questions. I'm always looking to minimize changes, while recognizing that it may be difficult to understand, from your perspective. My bad for not getting back on this, sooner, too.

Thanks!
If your going up against Sioux playing a fight style its so much better to use howdas, better range and last long vs Sioux teepees. At that point the zams will be useless even if on paper the stats would show one unit countering the other. vs Sioux you need their cav units dead fast so they aren't allowed to to do their high DPS. Only good to try to stop a box but even then without the cards its not enough DPS to really kill a box before it takes out its first 1-2 targets. And using 2 cards for that is wasted. better to just use peace treaty at walls, flood your base with sepoy on melee and chase down with howdas to best of ability. though its still certain to cause some damage a Sioux box is the scariest thing for them.

For any considering a buff the only thing it really needs to make camels more fun and playable is faster training times. its just silly elephants train faster fully carded. but India doesn't need it, just makes her more versatile.