Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

2v2 Hidden Tourney Bracket

Post by Riotcoke »

Hi guys,

I've assigned teams and player names so the tourney is ready to go. It's running on a double elimation system so you can lose a game and still go through to the final but you have to win two games in total to go to the final.

https://challonge.com/9f3mezhy

Please schedule through the discord groups i've setup only and as a reminder if you're playing do not tell anyone about your teammate or account.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Re: 2v2 Hidden Tourney Bracket

Post by Cometk »

Greetings gentlemen, it's time for another edition of Cometk's UNBIASED Power Rankings

Since this treaty tournament uses a Hidden Cup format, I am unfortunately thwarted in making normal predictions about the match results. However, fret not, as my word is gospel and there are a few axioms that can be established - but I'll save your eyeballs the grace of reading those until the very end of this post, and instead of the traditional predix I'll go ahead and do a Power Rankings for the 8 contenders of this 2v2 cup.

Image - #1 - FloKo83

I think it's more than fair to say that FloKo is the #1 Treaty player right now. He's pretty much considered the Hazza54321 of No Rush; everyone wants to be carried by him in their TR40 3v3. To consider it another way, Hazza, the supremacy team game GOAT and easily a Top 5 active 1v1 Supremacy player, can BARELY scrape the bottom rung of top 10 active Treaty players despite being hyperactive recently. If you can take a mechanical genius like Harry and he's not even good enough to win a qualifiers with a bunch of no-name Treaty Captains, that should tell you something about the order of magnitude FloKo is on when it comes to comparisons of these gamemodes. He's achieved a legitimate rank of Major General in TR40, a feat which has been unmatched for the past 3 years, at least since dicktator_'s activity dropped off in 2016. FloKo is the titleholder of the most recent TR event and has topped the Treaty Elo leaderboards in multiple aspects. He's played more Treaty than dicktator_ has in the last 10 years in a little more than half the time, and can be expected to be on his best form yet.

The player matched with FloKo can expect a ticket straight to the Finals and, in most cases, a paycheck too.

Image - #2 - dicktator_

While it might be suprising to some that he's not #1 on the list, it's to no one's surprise that he's still one of the best. The Treaty GOAT occupies #2 on this list after a commanding run in the most recent ESOC Premier League. While he's been busy showing that his Supremacy skills are nothing to scoff at, an usurping has been undergone, and he no longer holds the title of Treaty Titan as of late. Regardless, "the winner of basically every treaty tournament ever" is a powerhouse and one of the most respected for a reason; his mechanical skill remains nigh unmatched after all these years and he's got more experience than everyone on this list besides FloKo.

I'm quite sure the #3 player, despite my respect for him, doesn't come close to breaking into this position. And that's testament to the power of the Top 2 here.

Image - #3 - Zivearia

A cut below #2 is Zivearia, probably my favorite player from the list. I've always been an admirer of his play and am a big believer in his skills; like FloKo, it's kind of a shame he wastes his RTS talents on a dogshit gamemode like Treaty. I'll keep dreaming for the day Ziv enters a supremacy tournament, but until then, the motto unfortunately remains that you can't always get what you wish for. Ziv has a unique and steadfast mechanical expression, and honestly I have no idea where this guy came from. He became good after my time, which is a damn shame because playing with him at my own prime would've been a joy. I guess that might be why I have such an affinity for his style; the way he plays kind of reminds me of myself, and his present skill is the pinnacle of what I wanted to achieve but couldn't. Wow, I really am an egotist.

Zivearia became good in 2017, and again, no idea how he had such a breakthrough. But since then he's been an absolute behomoth and has a monstrous Elo record to back him up. In terms of raw mechanics, I think Zivearia is quite similar to the player just below him on this list. Zivearia has the better depth of play though and has mastered more civilizations than Hess, which makes Ziv the more versatile and valuable asset and very worthy of the #3 slot.

Image - #4 - _Ramen_ (HessischerJäger)

The worst thing about Hess as a player is that he abandoned his old username, a super badass German name with a cool special character in it in exchange for some dumb forgettable bullshit like "_Ramen_". Besides that, he has nice taste in music, could probably smooth-talk my mom, and is pretty good at Age of Empires 3. His biggest obstacle in my opinion is his incessant Russia laming. Like Nietzsche says, stare into the abyss too long and the abyss stares back; lame Russia too long like a dogshit loser and the dogshit loser you become. What this translates to, and what I anticipate, is that Hess's playstyle and predilections derived from his use and abuse of the Russian civilization make him too obvious a player and likely to be outed in the civ select phase of the tournament. He's not talentless though, and is apt at playing other civilizations besides his main, though maybe not as effectively as usual because he isn't accustomed to utilizing more than 3 brain cells at a time while playing.

I had to ask FloKo for advice on this one - I wasn't sure if overall Hess was better than sabusa. I do however know that mechanically Hess is a few steps ahead of the crusty old goon that is sabusa and for that reason he takes the higher position on this list.

Image - #5 - sabusa

The oldest player in the tournament, and probably the most perpetually overrated. A relic from the OG days of Treaty, sabusa comes from a time where booming 5000 with Iroquois offline garnered a universal dick-sucking and when there were more pillars in base walls than Cossacks spammed in a HessischerJäger game. sabusa has rolled in and out of activity through the years and managed to maintain a shred of relevancy in the TR scene every time, mostly due to how few players there are in the community. I genuinely think that if TR had 20 more active players, I'd be able to rank sabusa at position #25 like I desperately want to. However, that is not the case, and he does manage to take a reasonable position on this list.

I haven't seen all that much of his play as of late, but like I said, he always manages a scrap of relevancy. He has a decent foundational understanding of the game and is undeterred by dynamic gameplay; one of his strongest attributes is his capacity to split, run, and break the opponent's attention away from center stage. His ability to subvert expectations similar to that of a medieval jester, that makes sabusa a solid teammate and just barely good enough to be considered Top 5 here.

Image - #6 - Sergyou7

When he's not getting upset over Sup players' minor jabs at Treaty, Sergio can be found being mediocre at ESOC Andes 3v3. With the weakest fortitude in the field, for fear of an early resign it might be said that Sergio serves as a liability to whichever team he's on. From when I played with Sergio, he was a constant complainer and had a knack for getting on most top player's nerves. However, Sergio is Treaty's redemption arc personified. From being an overconfident Captain and the butt of every one of @Gichtenlord's jokes, he (somewhat) tempered his attitude over time and, better yet, put up results behind it. Towards the end of my TR40 career years ago, Sergio was consistently beating me (not my proudest admission), and I think since then he's cemented himself as a player a cut above those you pray you don't get randomly paired with in team. While not standout by any means, he's got the chops to be decent, most of the time.

Tbh, I'm not sure he's better than Daniel. I'm mostly putting him here because he was invited. At the very least, he's got a greater depth of experience to draw from.

Image - #7 - danielek

#7 is the journeyman himself danielek. Jumping wherever he can to grab a quick buck, this week he's spun the wheel and landed on TR40. I kind of view Daniel as a sort of mystical entity; he came out of the Samurai Revolution discord a measly Captain at the beginning of 2019, and then rocketed off to Brigadier-ship in barely over a year's time. He's currently the Wars of Liberty champion and had a solid run in last November's NR20 event after having played the game mode for only a few weeks. Whether he's got a knack for RTS or simply a fully-loaded bottle of adderall, his meteoric rise in skill shows that he poses a threat in whatever mode of play he chooses.

Now, with his nuts sufficiently rubbed, it should be established that Daniel is kind of meh when it comes to TR40. I have firsthand experience in combat with the kid; while I couldn't tango for longer than twenty minutes, I can safely say that I was thoroughly unimpressed with my opponent's level of play. Even though he's made the rounds as a decent supremacy team game player, and that might give him an edge an a team-based treaty event, I don't think Daniel commands enough clout to be recognized as a prized partner here. Probably fine enough to get carried though.

Image - #8 - voltigeur_

It's a bit baffling to me that this no-name random managed to weasel his way into this tournament. When I see usernames like this in lobbies I just get the immediate impression "why are they letting this 2nd lt play this game". I have little doubt that if Dante__ didn't withdraw from the qualifiers this goon would've gotten smacked six months into the future and been playing AoE3:DE before the rest of us.

I'm going a bit hard on this guy. From my limited scouting, he's played a fair bit of 1v1s with FloKo - lost nearly every single one of them, but I can respect the purged-by-fire attitude. Do I think he's good enough to have a viable showing on the big stage? Absolutely not. It's a miracle if his team makes it past Round 1.
Great Britain TheNameDaniel
Advanced Player
Donator 01
ESO: danielek

Post by TheNameDaniel »

lol this was funny to read

edit: I just clicked on the underlined floko link, haha black_thought was a beast back in the day!!!
Greece danteish
Crossbow
ESO: Dante__

Post by danteish »

what a god
Portugal sergyou
Lancer

Post by sergyou »

@Cometk let's 1v1 big boy
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

Updated the Bracket.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Love the subtle ego post but tbh marquis captain is where its at
Portugal sergyou
Lancer

Post by sergyou »

@ESOCommunity what do i need to do to see the bit about me removed? i reported the post, i pmed the moderators and after 24h the post still stands,unchanged. This is not freedom of speech or opinion, this is a clear disrespecful atack to one player with very bad taste and i don't allow it . Please sort it out, Thanks.
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

It's not really that disrespectful though IMO. The Treaty Gospel part is clearly a joke, you can tell because if there actually was a treaty gospel, I would be the one writing it, not cometk. Meanwhile the description is not too bad, the only thing he's really disrespectful about is your attitude which he does say improved over time. He probably talked more shit about other players, like _Ramen_ (3 braincells haha) or voltigeur.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
Portugal sergyou
Lancer

Post by sergyou »

dicktator_ wrote:It's not really that disrespectful though IMO. The Treaty Gospel part is clearly a joke, you can tell because if there actually was a treaty gospel, I would be the one writing it, not cometk. Meanwhile the description is not too bad, the only thing he's really disrespectful about is your attitude which he does say improved over time. He probably talked more shit about other players, like _Ramen_ (3 braincells haha) or voltigeur.
well... i am sorry but your past with me was not the most respectful thing ever, was it?. you probably have the same problem as him, which is thinking, just because you are online you can say whatever the fuck you want and get away with it, and make the others feel bad ( i remember the early days with you, king, sabusa). The way i was ( justified at times) is none of his business or the community. He is passing a bad image of me in a forum which is not right and i don't allow it, simple as.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

dicktator_ wrote:It's not really that disrespectful though IMO. The Treaty Gospel part is clearly a joke, you can tell because if there actually was a treaty gospel, I would be the one writing it, not cometk.
hahaha so savage
Portugal sergyou
Lancer

Post by sergyou »

Portugal sergyou
Lancer

Post by sergyou »

Germany JulianK
ESOC Pro Team
EPL Reigning Champs

Post by JulianK »

Well, if he feels offended then just delete his part, not worth to argue about whether it's offensive or not.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

Wait what, i thought he was joking
United States of America Podawe
Musketeer
ESO: Skeeter666

Post by Podawe »

People get offended so easily sometimes lol
Advanced Player
Donator 01

Post by TheNameDaniel »

Delete this post I am not meh at nr40 IM A GOD!!!!
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

FloKo83 Aoe3 wrote:Well, if he feels offended then just delete his part, not worth to argue about whether it's offensive or not.
Did this, I edited the post after consulting with Cometk and Serg.
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

sergyou wrote:
dicktator_ wrote:It's not really that disrespectful though IMO. The Treaty Gospel part is clearly a joke, you can tell because if there actually was a treaty gospel, I would be the one writing it, not cometk. Meanwhile the description is not too bad, the only thing he's really disrespectful about is your attitude which he does say improved over time. He probably talked more shit about other players, like _Ramen_ (3 braincells haha) or voltigeur.
well... i am sorry but your past with me was not the most respectful thing ever, was it?. you probably have the same problem as him, which is thinking, just because you are online you can say whatever the fuck you want and get away with it, and make the others feel bad ( i remember the early days with you, king, sabusa). The way i was ( justified at times) is none of his business or the community. He is passing a bad image of me in a forum which is not right and i don't allow it, simple as.
The only thing giving you a bad image is your reaction to the post.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

A treaty player crying, who would have thought.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Great thread already
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Advanced Player
Donator 01

Post by TheNameDaniel »

let's keep the treaty hate to a minimum :)
Portugal sergyou
Lancer

Post by sergyou »

gibson wrote:A treaty player crying, who would have thought.
says the guy who has a clip almost literally crying when loosing a game, shut your mouth.
Portugal sergyou
Lancer

Post by sergyou »

Cometk wrote:
sergyou wrote:
The only thing giving you a bad image is your reaction to the post.
why? because i didn't think the bit of the post where u refer to me was funny or of good taste? Nothing in your post is you joking with me, it is simply you shitalking. If you thinking someone saying they don't like something makes them look bad then i don't know what to tell you.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

sergyou wrote:
gibson wrote:A treaty player crying, who would have thought.
says the guy who has a clip almost crying when loosing a game, shut your mouth.
Sorry I hurt your feelings :(