I dont know if this is that big an issue, but I wanna address and settle it now.

India TNT333
Lancer
ESO: TNT333

I dont know if this is that big an issue, but I wanna address and settle it now.

Post by TNT333 »

Nr40( and to an extent nr55) in RE: Some lobbies are hosted as no op, which generally means France, Japan, and Russia, as overpowered civs. Yet, after I saw a few posts(viewtopic.php?f=176&t=16348)
Which said that Russia should be excluded from the OP category since their eco drains fast and units die quick to artillery, etc, and some even agreed on Japan, as the only thing going for them are their op units and daimyo; but not their economy. So, all treaty pros, just give your thoughts out here, and if the hierarchy should be changed and another civ replace Russia in the spot of the OP civs.

(I'm all out for excluding Russia from No OP, since I need that infantry training card cuz I lame China,Brit and Otto in nr40)
"We are kings or pawns" Napoleon Bonaparte
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Re: I dont know if this is that big an issue, but I wanna address and settle it now.

Post by chris1089 »

Pretty sure China are op on re.
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Re: I dont know if this is that big an issue, but I wanna address and settle it now.

Post by dicktator_ »

The only argument for RE russia being op is team inf training. Remove that and it's not op at all, and even with team inf it's still probably not op. Japan is not op except for daiymo running, which is not necessarily op but it's super annoying and obnoxious to deal with, so it's up to you whether or not to ban RE Japan from your games. France and China are op. Ports are also op with 2 explorers, more so than full Japan and Russia actually
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
India TNT333
Lancer

Post by TNT333 »

dicktator_ wrote:The only argument for RE russia being op is team inf training. Remove that and it's not op at all, and even with team inf it's still probably not op. Japan is not op except for daiymo running, which is not necessarily op but it's super annoying and obnoxious to deal with, so it's up to you whether or not to ban RE Japan from your games. France and China are op. Ports are also op with 2 explorers, more so than full Japan and Russia actually
What makes the 2 extra explorers op??
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

TNT333 wrote:
dicktator_ wrote:The only argument for RE russia being op is team inf training. Remove that and it's not op at all, and even with team inf it's still probably not op. Japan is not op except for daiymo running, which is not necessarily op but it's super annoying and obnoxious to deal with, so it's up to you whether or not to ban RE Japan from your games. France and China are op. Ports are also op with 2 explorers, more so than full Japan and Russia actually
If you don't know, you've never suffered against a decent port tr player
Australia wardyb1
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: wardyb1

Post by wardyb1 »

TNT333 wrote:
Because it is 3 units, for 100gold each (although your opponent gets it so say 200gold), no pop space and they have insane hp. So your opponent has the choice of trying to micro everything away from attacking the explorers or suffering from having to kill insanely cheap high hp units that just come right back. Also they can crackshot so you can use them to instakill your opponents best units, especially valuable against India for example.
“To love the journey is to accept no such end. I have found, through painful experience, that the most important step a person can take is always the next one.”
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

Just be as good as nick and you won't care about, for ex pretty sure I would lose most matches as RE France against nick playing any civ except few which are just not treaty civs.

Also unless you are playing in nats as port which is weird enough, regardless imo you should keep 4th explorer card instead of bb.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

Has EP considered changing the crack shot for big units? Seems unbalanced that natives cant convert units and Asian units cant stun.

Ports are also OP due to mortars. with jinetes, it is just so hard to kill them. I think cards that do things like increase range 25% should have a down sides, like minus 30% hp. to at least make killing those things possible. Its a solid civ with good versatility and an economy that can stay steady. Imagine if soligen steel did not have a caveat.

China is OP too, I do not even play games with them in it. The cheap OP units, huge eco, and pop space.... means they do not drain, and feed their partners.
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

wardyb1 wrote:
TNT333 wrote:
Because it is 3 units, for 100gold each (although your opponent gets it so say 200gold), no pop space and they have insane hp. So your opponent has the choice of trying to micro everything away from attacking the explorers or suffering from having to kill insanely cheap high hp units that just come right back. Also they can crackshot so you can use them to instakill your opponents best units, especially valuable against India for example.
I think you're even underselling this. You get a unit that has the hp of like 10-15 units and you get that unit for only 200g. That's insane. Treaty is about being cost efficient and getting ~10 units for 200g is pretty damned cost effective.
Retired Contributor

Not to mention that explorer has no counter unit
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

Does the explorer not have a HI tag? Anyways its about a 3000 hp 40 attack unit, which is insane for 200g.
India TNT333
Lancer

Post by TNT333 »

wardyb1 wrote:
TNT333 wrote:
So the trick is put down a tc near the fight and keep spamming the explorers?? I never played ports before so
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

TNT333 wrote:
wardyb1 wrote:
Show hidden quotes
So the trick is put down a tc near the fight and keep spamming the explorers?? I never played ports before so
Doesn't even need to be too close to the fight. Just put a TC in the back of your barracks/stables, such that it is safe from going down. But then, yes you keep spamming the explorers whenever they die.

By the way, explorers do not have the heavy infantry tag. They only have the infantry tag, which means that cannons/lancers do extra damage. Skirmishers do not have a multiplier against explorers. Hence, fully upped Dutch skirms would need ~90 shots to kill an explorer.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Retired Contributor

I am not sure but I do believe perfectly played ports should beat even France or trade evenly, maybe @dicktator_ can tell better