Very late game or treaty sioux gameplay

No Flag forgetful_one
Crossbow
ESO: forgetful_one

Very late game or treaty sioux gameplay

Post by forgetful_one »

Hi,

i never really played Tad seriously untill now and i have trouble with sioux late game. The largest problem is that i can easly defend with sioux (courtesy of tepee's), but i have touble going to the offensive whitout compromising my position at home (read no walls, etc...) in a 1v1 or free for alls.

Are their actually some sioux treaty record games available? And do you guys have some tips?

I prefer a solution without the idiotic dog soldiers box.
India TNT333
Lancer
ESO: TNT333

Re: Very late game or treaty sioux gameplay

Post by TNT333 »

Mortar their teepees and wall heavily. Sioux siege suck without dance and they struggle against heavy walling. Also their eco is trash. So you'd have to outlast them
"We are kings or pawns" Napoleon Bonaparte
No Flag forgetful_one
Crossbow

Post by forgetful_one »

Ah, i was not clear enough, i'm playing as sioux :D,
India TNT333
Lancer
ESO: TNT333

Post by TNT333 »

Ah ok, then u should push defensively, keep deleting and re building teepees as u push forward slowly
"We are kings or pawns" Napoleon Bonaparte
Isle of Man UpMySleeves
Dragoon
GameRanger ID: 7309280

Post by UpMySleeves »

forgetful_one wrote:Ah, i was not clear enough, i'm playing as sioux :D,
You were quite clear.

For supremacy, I would say to try and not go to super late game as Sioux, since walls counter them quite well.
For treaty, I know on the tr patch Sioux has walls enabled but I have no clue what you do on the official patch, unless you're playing team.
Never trust a man in a blue trench coat, never drive a car when you're dead
Mexico Kap_AOE3
Musketeer
ESO: _Kap
GameRanger ID: 9118960

Post by Kap_AOE3 »

Well, I think you should finish the game in age3, the strongest sioux age, dont go to late game, they suck hard and they have no eco cards / factories to support their expensive units. another effective way to play sioux is to play them in a good tp map and stagecoah quickly
:pop:
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

Playing sioux without a teammate that can wall for you in treaty is ridiculously difficult. You need to market wall and have stables in your base, or stable wall. Push your opponent's base with your main wakina/teepee army while using RR to defend against side runs. If whenever you try to push, your opponent is smart enough to camp behind 7+ layers of base walls while nuking your base, you lose. None of the top players in recent TR generations were/are insane enough to pick sioux in a 1v1 except for patches where sioux are able to build walls, so if you want to watch RE sioux 1v1 recs, you need to go back in time to like 2010 and watch games from _pi and whiteirishking.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

good times
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
No Flag forgetful_one
Crossbow

Post by forgetful_one »

dicktator_ wrote:Playing sioux without a teammate that can wall for you in treaty is ridiculously difficult. You need to market wall and have stables in your base, or stable wall. Push your opponent's base with your main wakina/teepee army while using RR to defend against side runs. If whenever you try to push, your opponent is smart enough to camp behind 7+ layers of base walls while nuking your base, you lose.
You actually say that sioux in treaty is like using using japan in deathmatch. Almost not usable/and a waist of time?
i try to look those name up, but i think their record games are lost/gone :sad:
France captainpouple
Crossbow
ESO: bilbo_the_rabbit

Post by captainpouple »