Maps: Andes, Toluca, Orinoco
"We are kings or pawns" Napoleon Bonaparte
Australia Gear_Head
Skirmisher
Donator 01
ESO: Gear_Head

Re: Treaty MU of the week #7

Post by Gear_Head »

Ger should win by playing a camp/defensive style with towers and waiting for Iro to run out of wood and/or coin. Ger is one of the tougher matchups for Iro because of its eco, uhlans, and heavy cannon accessibility.
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Ez4Iro if played correctly.
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

Andes: Iro win, plenty of wood.
Toluca: Not sure how much wood this map has, Iro probably win if they handle the splits well (start army is 2x as big so should be no issue), maybe they run out of wood idk
Ori: On classic ori ger wins because they just camp until iro runs out of wood. On other ori versions with more wood maybe iro wins but not sure.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
China juicyfruit1268
Skirmisher
ESO: Torie

Post by juicyfruit1268 »

Quite a good matchup for Iroquois, as Iroquois has better eco, better units, better artillery, and better overpop. The win conditions for Germany are either Iroqouis runs out of wood, or if Germany successfully executes a run.
Australia Gear_Head
Skirmisher
Donator 01
ESO: Gear_Head

Post by Gear_Head »

dicktator_ wrote:Andes: Iro win, plenty of wood.
Toluca: Not sure how much wood this map has, Iro probably win if they handle the splits well (start army is 2x as big so should be no issue), maybe they run out of wood idk
Ori: On classic ori ger wins because they just camp until iro runs out of wood. On other ori versions with more wood maybe iro wins but not sure.
Color me very impressed! Are the changes in TP enough to swing this in Iro's favor? I just can't imagine a scenario in RE (when skill is not a factor) where Iro doesn't run out of wood before Ger loses. I always thought Iro was weak to eco heavy civs with good cav due to simply being outlasted past their wood stockpile and/or not having great anticav besides tomahawks, which cost wood.
China juicyfruit1268
Skirmisher
ESO: Torie

Post by juicyfruit1268 »

Gear_Head wrote:
dicktator_ wrote:Andes: Iro win, plenty of wood.
Color me very impressed! Are the changes in TP enough to swing this in Iro's favor? I just can't imagine a scenario in RE (when skill is not a factor) where Iro doesn't run out of wood before Ger loses. I always thought Iro was weak to eco heavy civs with good cav due to simply being outlasted past their wood stockpile and/or not having great anticav besides tomahawks, which cost wood.
If you pick a wood heavy map and a map with very strong anticav natives, such as Andes, Iroquois is extraordinarily powerful.