Ideas to make nr55 more popular on treaty patch?

No Flag charlemagen
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: Charlemagen

Ideas to make nr55 more popular on treaty patch?

Post by charlemagen »

One of our main goals is to have all/most of the treaty community be playing on the treaty patch. While we mainly have been focusing on nr40 problems, we are more than willing to look into some changes to make nr55 more balanced and enjoyable. So what are some of you're ideas?
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Re: Ideas to make nr55 more popular of treaty patch?

Post by Gichtenlord »

charlemagen wrote:One of our main goals is to have all/most of the treaty community be playing on the treaty patch. While we mainly have been focusing on nr40 problems, we are more than willing to look into some changes to make nr55 more balanced and enjoyable. So what are some of you're ideas?

- Longer/broader crossings in 3vs3 and maybe in 2vs2, too
- Both teams start with the same natives, so the other team doesnt get an boom advantage. Right now, one team always gets an extra eco upgrade, while the other team doesnt.
- More wood, better ressources in general
- closest native from spawn is sometimes out of building range
- better distribution of treasures. Sometimes, one side has insanely good treasures, while the other side has trash

Probably, you gotta introduce something like an infinite mango grove shipment for twc civs
r]
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_
GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

Post by _NiceKING_ »

Gichtenlord wrote:
charlemagen wrote:One of our main goals is to have all/most of the treaty community be playing on the treaty patch. While we mainly have been focusing on nr40 problems, we are more than willing to look into some changes to make nr55 more balanced and enjoyable. So what are some of you're ideas?

- Both teams start with the same natives, so the other team doesnt get an boom advantage. Right now, one team always gets an extra eco upgrade, while the other team doesnt.

ESOC Orinoco has more resources, fixed natives spawns and both teams start with the same natives (Tupi)
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

_NiceKING_ wrote:
Gichtenlord wrote:

ESOC Orinoco has more wood, fixed natives spawns and both teams start with the same natives (Tupi)

what about caribs?
r]
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by _NiceKING_ »

Caribs and Zapotec were removed
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

_NiceKING_ wrote:Caribs and Zapotec were removed

Reason behind this?
r]
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by _NiceKING_ »

I don't really remember, it was charlemagen's idea afair
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

Maya's and Tupi don't cost as much wood or impact the game as much. Caribs on Ori are like Huamincas on Andes, they impact the game a lot due to their sheer numbers (15 caribs from nat post + 12 caribs from explorer = 27 caribs) and give some civs more of an advantage than others. Zapotecs cost more wood than food which kinda sucks, and again is detrimental to civs that are already wood heavy while beneficiary to civs like ports (because they have an additional cheaper nats tech in their church).

The best way to get nr55 players on patch would be simply to host nr55 games and get guys like sid/lazerhawk/temutu/etc to play. If we start getting/streaming good nr55 games on patch I'm pretty sure other players will follow. TBH the NR55 community isn't that big. It probably looks bigger than it actually is because Sid and temutu use a lot of accounts.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
Australia stonecold316
Musketeer
ESO: stonecold316

Post by stonecold316 »

i just have no interest in downloading a patch that alters every civ
United States of America ashmaker6
Crossbow
ESO: ashmaker6

Re: Ideas to make nr55 more popular on treaty patch?

Post by ashmaker6 »

new nr55 maps
United States of America brad1787
Crossbow
ESO: brad1787

Post by brad1787 »

Hey guys, first time poster. I play treaty pretty exclusively, been a bit since I've played, but have gotten back into the last few weeks, playing against cpu on ESO to get my legs back under me with civ management. Which is why my ladder shows last game played in 2015.

Someone posted about making each team have the same natives starting off on Orinco. I can't tell you how annoying it is to start with a carib settlement and see my opponents starting with a mayan or zapotec. It's a huge advantage for eco. Would love to see that fixed.

Looking forward to hanging out here in the future.
No Flag charlemagen
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by charlemagen »

That's fixed on ESOC Orinoco which is on the treaty patch
Netherlands sacredfire
Crossbow
ESO: SacredFire

Post by sacredfire »

I think hosting a (small) nr 55 tournament would help the most, although this is a lot to ask of the staff because of the 2v2 tournament that is running right now . This way more people will install and play the patch to see for themselves if they like the adjustments that have been made.
Furthermore, it's important to have players that are very active (illusiontek!) to play on the patch, in order to convince others.
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

I think the answer is more about people. You need to find some people who will move and bring others along
Germany supernapoleon
Lancer
ESO: Supernapoleon

Post by supernapoleon »

stonecold316 wrote:i just have no interest in downloading a patch that alters every civ

Don't worry, you still can camp woth China and Germany!
"I'M SOOOOOO GOOD AT THE GAME"
Hazza wrote: "I mad u win cos u get carried all game and have to lame every game"
United States of America illusioNtEk
Skirmisher
ESO: illusioNtEk

Post by illusioNtEk »

Is there anything I can do to help?
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by _NiceKING_ »

Yeah, will be good if you start playing on the patch!
No Flag charlemagen
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by charlemagen »

illusioNtEk wrote:Is there anything I can do to help?

What niceking said !
Russia Vladislav
Crossbow
ESO: Vladislaw

Post by Vladislav »

I would like to test the patch for the game on orinoko55. I think the balance is not quite successful for 55. Time will tell. Sorry for Google translator :smile:
would like new maps for 55. We played Vanilla in the great plains of NR60, but there is a possibility to build a mid-card with the aid of a compass on the minimap. The TAD not, the middle is broken. In the Vanilla absent nation (except Russia) are able to run. I know several good players from vanilla (Manfred1975 and others) who would come to play on the patch, if it was interesting.
Some say that the nr55 is long. I disagree, I played a few weekends in the nr40 and realized that the number of games played no more than when I was playing on the Orinoco. But for me, the game orinoko55 delivers 10 times more fun out of the process)). Probably there will be more people who agree with me. In any case, the patch is a new opportunity, it's interesting
Australia Gear_Head
Skirmisher
Donator 01
ESO: Gear_Head

Post by Gear_Head »

If the treaty wall on orinoco was moved to the river crossing, that would be epic.
United States of America Metis
Howdah

Post by Metis »

Gear_Head wrote:If the treaty wall on orinoco was moved to the river crossing, that would be epic.

If all players in the game were honorable, you could play in Supremacy mode, where everyone could get a shot at both nats and the forward base could be made at leisure. In fact, a few of us have been doing this -- hosting NR 10 games with the agreement that it is actually a 55. Thus far, nobody has violated the agreement.
Australia Gear_Head
Skirmisher
Donator 01
ESO: Gear_Head

Post by Gear_Head »

Metis wrote:
Gear_Head wrote:If the treaty wall on orinoco was moved to the river crossing, that would be epic.

If all players in the game were honorable, you could play in Supremacy mode, where everyone could get a shot at both nats and the forward base could be made at leisure. In fact, a few of us have been doing this -- hosting NR 10 games with the agreement that it is actually a 55. Thus far, nobody has violated the agreement.

Yes, this reminds me of when I used to play on Vanilla before this year. In higher level PRs this is possible. The circles are more well-known and it's harder to become a higher PR by cheating anyways. Under MS level though - forget it.

One question: if you're going on the honor system anyways, why even do a 10 min treaty? Just for the PR/ELO ratings sake?
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

Vladislav wrote:would like new maps for 55.

I could make a new map for nr55, but I dont really know what the average orinoco player wants. Do you guys want again something similar to a crossing, so that the map is heads up fights only, or can it be a more of an open map? What about trade routes, different natives? I would like to hear some different opinions/suggestions before I make a map, which might be disliked by the nr55 community.
r]
Germany supernapoleon
Lancer
ESO: Supernapoleon

Post by supernapoleon »

Amazonia best nr 55 map!
"I'M SOOOOOO GOOD AT THE GAME"
Hazza wrote: "I mad u win cos u get carried all game and have to lame every game"
United States of America Metis
Howdah

Post by Metis »

Gear_Head wrote:One question: if you're going on the honor system anyways, why even do a 10 min treaty? Just for the PR/ELO ratings sake?

IMO, it's best to keep the treaty and supremacy ranks separate, unless a player is good at both. This way one can tell if that "supremacy" 1st Lt is actually a fairly decent player. Most of the 55 community doesn't play supremacy and, thus, are low-ranking in that game mode.

You do have a point about the Elo rating; however, most of the 55 community are 1st Lt to Capt and few play to rank up. There are some who still think PR is important but not many. Those who seek PR, even if they do it by "legit" means, such as ensuring they are on the team with the best players and/or civs, soon find themselves shunned by the 55 community, who mostly just play random team games.

I've notices a lot of NR 60 games lately with Sgts to 2nd Lts in them. These must have come over from 'nilla.