Post by The Lost Elixir »

<deleted>
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Re: Chinese Treaty Guide

Post by Lukas_L99 »

The Lost Elixir wrote:Where is fulling mills card??? It gives+300% gathering rate for herded animals!! Why didn't you add it? Any specific reasons?

Watch Age of Empires 3 - NR40 Chinese Livestock Boom Part 1 and part 2 by StorminAOE3 in youtube. He got quite a good score.

It's included in the RE boom version?
Norway NoName
Crossbow
ESO: InsertESOUserName

Post by NoName »

Just a few more questions.

I usually see other China players "NEVER" using cows at all (Not sure what the 1st lt+ does, as I mainly play vs sergeants— 2nd lt (pr20,21) ) and go heavy on gold at the same time. So then the question, whats the benefit for china to drop cowing and add more military cards into their deck, such as Territorial Army Combat, Snatch the Pebble... (not taking into account the extra monk card), expect for less micro.

Is the Land Reform card worth to take as china at all? Is the extra xp gained from rice paddy and other buildings worth the 1 extra card and the later arrival of 1 eco card?
Could it be worth to drop the age2 artillery card in favor of the remaining age4 military card Manchu Combat? and how good is the flamethrower or is it so it shouldn't be used at all?
China paddy_jai
Skirmisher

Post by paddy_jai »

no use cow card can make boom easier.

china has many good mil cards, but land reform is not good because xp from building is not that much. and territory army combat is not good since major china army is ckn, which is standard army and old han. territory army is seldom used.

good cards: native hitpoint, native attack, they can boost ur ratten shield
Norway NoName
Crossbow

Post by NoName »

paddy_jai wrote:no use cow card can make boom easier.

china has many good mil cards, but land reform is not good because xp from building is not that much. and territory army combat is not good since major china army is ckn, which is standard army and old han. territory army is seldom used.

Thanks for your reply.

Did not know those cards affected rattan shields also, going to test it and see if ill adjust my deck to have it included. On the same way is it ok to drop Good Faith Agreements seeing I rarely got it out before treaty ends and only benefit to it for me then is 50% faster arrival of consulate army later on the game?
China paddy_jai
Skirmisher

Post by paddy_jai »

NoName wrote:
paddy_jai wrote:no use cow card can make boom easier.

Thanks for your reply.

Did not know those cards affected rattan shields also, going to test it and see if ill adjust my deck to have it included. On the same way is it ok to drop Good Faith Agreements seeing I rarely got it out before treaty ends and only benefit to it for me then is 50% faster arrival of consulate army later on the game?

good faith aggreement can let u train consulate army instantly
Norway NoName
Crossbow

Post by NoName »

In terms of artillery from consulate, what are the different pro and cons for the 3 different artillery (falcs, horse art and heavy cannon).

Not looked much into the difference between these options, so it would be great with some input.
Obv falcs if u got for brit hp boost, and heavy cannon if u go for cheaper army. But what about the french horse art?
China paddy_jai
Skirmisher

Post by paddy_jai »

NoName wrote:In terms of artillery from consulate, what are the different pro and cons for the 3 different artillery (falcs, horse art and heavy cannon).

Not looked much into the difference between these options, so it would be great with some input.
Obv falcs if u got for brit hp boost, and heavy cannon if u go for cheaper army. But what about the french horse art?

on re china 3 artilary cards affects consulate artiliries too
so with 3 cards ( 4 cards if count western reform which grant 8%boost to hp and damage), china will have the best heavy cannons in the game, with port mate, u can have 900 hp heavy cannons, which is the most op thing

so heavy cannon is the best. besides, the wood discount on ur army help china a lot

french ally is for boom, i dont use horse artiliry because they low hp
United States of America Inst
Skirmisher
ESO: Inst

Post by Inst »

Keshiks aren't as bad as people think they are. The trick is that Ming Army isn't a dragoon composition; they're more there, when you have a meat wall in the form of iron flails, to provide fire support against cavalry. So when you're locking down enemy cavalry with your iron flails or whatever, your keshiks are behind them peppering out like twice the dragoon's DPS per pop. In that case pikes cease to be a weakness; they're providing additional damage output against enemy cavalry so that your iron flails will win the engagement.

And with China, the first thing you notice is how quickly your melee units die. Even though they're short-ranged, keshiks are far more survivable than pikes, especially since keshiks are ranged damage resistance and enemy skirms get 2.75x damage vs heavy infantry, not light cavalry.
No Flag Shahpur
Skirmisher

Post by Shahpur »

making 4 villages and maxing cows in age l is way better than 2 villages and going to age lll a few mins faster because you can go to IV faster and you will end up gathering more food. And I after sending 20% faster training you should send the consulate card so you can get factory out as soon you reach IV. and while you waiting to max vills you can make the 12 rice paddies to get xp.

And during fight I recommend switching the summer palace to cav if you had it on old han so your units don't have to spend too much time walking
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Shahpur wrote:making 4 villages and maxing cows in age l is way better than 2 villages and going to age lll a few mins faster because you can go to IV faster and you will end up gathering more food. And I after sending 20% faster training you should send the consulate card so you can get factory out as soon you reach IV. and while you waiting to max vills you can make the 12 rice paddies to get xp.

And during fight I recommend switching the summer palace to cav if you had it on old han so your units don't have to spend too much time walking

You want to be in age 3 as soon as possible to get up 3 TCs, get your vill production rolling to not have a late age 5.
Fast age 3 and quicker age 5 >> fast age 4.

Last tip is good, that‘s what ive done the past times I’ve played china.
No Flag Shahpur
Skirmisher

Post by Shahpur »

Lukas_L99 wrote:
Shahpur wrote:making 4 villages and maxing cows in age l is way better than 2 villages and going to age lll a few mins faster because you can go to IV faster and you will end up gathering more food. And I after sending 20% faster training you should send the consulate card so you can get factory out as soon you reach IV. and while you waiting to max vills you can make the 12 rice paddies to get xp.

You want to be in age 3 as soon as possible to get up 3 TCs, get your vill production rolling to not have a late age 5.
Fast age 3 and quicker age 5 >> fast age 4.

Last tip is good, that‘s what ive done the past times I’ve played china.

I've tried the eso c version of the chinese boom and I always get low 2700 but with 4 houses and faster IV I get around 2800 I even reached 2900 but that was with brit cowing card

I think you should consider cows as a kind of settler a cow grazing is like a settler collecting resources so maxing cows should be priority during age I
Attachments
2911 points.png
India guyshir
Skirmisher
Donator 01
ESO: guyshir

Post by guyshir »

was this game on deccan? if yes, then, how many free cows did you get. Also, did you get 1 vil? Did you take tp?
Starting crates on deccan and 5k mine is a big thing in boom altogether.
No Flag Shahpur
Skirmisher

Post by Shahpur »

guyshir wrote:was this game on deccan? if yes, then, how many free cows did you get. Also, did you get 1 vil? Did you take tp?
Starting crates on deccan and 5k mine is a big thing in boom altogether.

no extra vill or tp I only got 6 cows because everyone was using cows, but as I said before I also tried the eso c way of doing the boom with even more cows and I always get lower score. From experience I know that 4 houses are better
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Well I was talking about RE China, on TP i also go for 4 villages I think.

Btw if you wanna compare booms don’t use deccan games or games where you got teamcards. It ruins everything usually.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

just listen to lukas when it comes to treaty, everyone elses opinions are irrelevant and not worth the calories on reading it
No Flag agentyoyo
Skirmisher

Post by agentyoyo »

thx