AoE3 French Treaty Guide

Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Re: AoE3 French Treaty Guide

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Colonel Concrete wrote:
Lukas_L99 wrote:It is cause you have way more resources in total.

Actually you don't have more resources using Fur Trade and Food Trickle (for games longer than 87min), vs using say Food Silos and Rum Distillery. See my above analysis..

Most games don't last that long and in a mirror you're gonna be overrun without fur trade cause of fewer res and less strong military.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

concrete is great
New Zealand Colonel Concrete
Crossbow

Post by Colonel Concrete »

Lukas_L99 wrote:Just compare the scores you can have with and without fur trade.

As a side issue: This is actually not fair scoring btw - the score doesn't reflect the fact you LOSE (swap) the food you traded for gold.
Instead it seems to count both the traded (lost) food and the 'free' gold towards the scoring.
e.g. So instead of say getting the score for 156.25k gold generation (from swapping 125k generated food: 125k x 1.25 Fur Trade), you instead get the score for generating both the 125k food (pre-trade) and the 156.25k gold (post-trade)! That's hardly fair, right?

(I could be wrong but this is what it looks like. Happy to hear if this is not in fact the case?)
Crossbow

Lukas_L99 wrote:Most games don't last that long and in a mirror you're gonna be overrun without fur trade cause of fewer res and less strong military.

Depends what kind of games you're playing: ever beat 7x allied AI on 100% resource handicap? (without Aklaks genius/trickery!)
(You could say one gets a bit over-run in that case! Think like 900 post-imperial troops attacking you in short succession...): I lose most of my stockpiled resources very quickly in this case. With Fur Trade I doubt I would have enough food to get through the first say few minutes of attacks after Treaty ends..)
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Colonel Concrete wrote:
Lukas_L99 wrote:Just compare the scores you can have with and without fur trade.

As a side issue: This is actually not fair scoring btw - the score doesn't reflect the fact you LOSE (swap) the food you traded for gold.
Instead it seems to count both the traded (lost) food and the 'free' gold towards the scoring.
e.g. So instead of say getting the score for 156.25k gold generation (from swapping 125k generated food: 125k x 1.25 Fur Trade), you instead get the score for generating both the 125k food (pre-trade) and the 156.25k gold (post-trade)! That's hardly fair, right?

(I could be wrong but this is what it looks like. Happy to hear if this is not in fact the case?)

It's like that in the statistics, but not in the score.

Colonel Concrete wrote:
Lukas_L99 wrote:Most games don't last that long and in a mirror you're gonna be overrun without fur trade cause of fewer res and less strong military.

Depends what kind of games you're playing: ever beat 7x allied AI on 100% resource handicap? (without Aklaks genius/trickery!) (I haven't, yet. But I have won vs 7 expert with 75% handicap and that takes a while! (You could say one gets a bit over-run in that case! Think like 900 troops in short succession...): I lose most of my stockpiled resources very quickly in this case. With Fur Trade I doubt I would have enough food to get through the first say few minutes of attacks after Treaty ends..)

Not sure if trolling to be honest, AI's are just bad and worth nothing, especially in treaty...
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_
GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

Post by _NiceKING_ »

Colonel Concrete wrote:

So instead of say getting the score for 156.25k gold generation (from swapping 125k generated food: 125k x 1.25 Fur Trade), you instead get the score for generating both the 125k food (pre-trade) and the 156.25k gold

No
Crossbow

_NiceKING_ wrote:No

Ok great! So its possible to get a higher score by not using Fur Trade then :) (In a long game..)
Crossbow

Lukas_L99 wrote:It's like that in the statistics, but not in the score.

Good to know, thanks.

Lukas_L99 wrote:..AI's are just bad and worth nothing, especially in treaty...

So you have already done this then?

If you haven't; try it - you might find it a challenge, even as useless as AI are, and with 40min treaty, and with the amazing OP French - it's difficult (for me anyway) to beat 7x expert allied AI with them all having a +100% resource handicap each (and me 0%), on a land-based map, using normal tactics (no crazy walling strats/pause-micro/cheats etc)...
(Of course it helps if you don't have Germans, Sioux or Russians on the map!; they tend to be the most annoying. But I usually set it as 'random' for all 7 AI).

On this note, since this is a French Treaty guide: does anyone have a recorded game of doing that: 1 vs 7 Expert AI +100% handicap with 40min treaty, using Fur Trade?
(I'm guessing this is only even possible at all using OP French?! Would love to see this with another civ too..)
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Colonel Concrete wrote:
Lukas_L99 wrote:It's like that in the statistics, but not in the score.

Good to know, thanks.

Lukas_L99 wrote:..AI's are just bad and worth nothing, especially in treaty...

So you have already done this then?

If you haven't; try it - you might find it a challenge, even as useless as AI are, and with 40min treaty, and with the amazing OP French - it's difficult to beat 7x expert allied AI with 100% resource handicap (for me anyway) using normal tactics (no crazy walling strats/pause-micro/cheats etc)...
(Of course it helps if you don't have Germans, Sioux or Russians on the map!; they tend to be the most annoying. But I usually set it as 'random' for all 7 AI).

On this note, since this is a French Treaty guide: does anyone have a recorded game of doing that: 1 vs 7 Expert AI +100% handicap with 40min treaty?
(I'm guessing this is only even possible at all using OP French?!)

Nobody is playing treaty against AIs since it is no challenge at all. Just play online.
Crossbow

Lukas_L99 wrote:Nobody is playing treaty against AIs since it is no challenge at all. Just play online.

Haha. ok... I'm guessing you haven't done this then!
If it's "no challenge at all" I'd love to see a recorded game of it being done. I'm guessing why I can't seem to find this anywhere is not because it's no challenge at all but rather to the contrary; because its actually quite difficult!
Feel free to upload a recorded game of you doing this - if you find it so easy I'd love to see your strategy; perhaps it might even help me refine mine. Cheers!

Edit: I just won vs 7 allied expert AI with 100% handicap each, on 40min Treaty with French (with the same HomeCity card deck I posted up earlier; above post). Was a bit of a battle. If anyone wants to see a replay I'll post it up (somewhere). Some of the AI had scores around 7000!

Lukas if you or any other Ultimate Lamers (AKA fellow French players; in sticking with the post title) have done this using Fur Trade strategy I'd like to see a recording.. Yes this is an (open) challenge :)

Edit: Lukas I see you're the 7th highest ranked treaty player in the land!; so it probably will be easy for you!!
http://aoe3.jpcommunity.com/rating2/ladder?n=player&t=age3yTR
(Can we still be friends?!)
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

GRUDGE MATCH
LUKAS VS COLONEL CONCRETE
shit juice :hmm:
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

EZ4concrete
Austria Foire421
Skirmisher
ESO: foire421

Post by Foire421 »

queenofdestiny wrote:GRUDGE MATCH
LUKAS VS COLONEL CONCRETE

Yea pls :D
Crossbow

Haha, I'll consider it if he first shows me he can beat the 'easy' AI using Fur Trade..

(Edit: I'm sure he'd kill me in no time in a match-up, judging by the ELO ladder stats alone, not to mention the experience differential! This isn't really about that though: I'd like to see how a pro tackles the 'macro' job of being vs 7 enemies simultaneously (as French, in treaty, since this is a French Treaty post) (i.e. taking on ~7x amount of troops; even if many are often sent on really ridiculous/pointless missions as AI tends to do; sometimes even back to their own base when it's not even under attack!, and especially seeing him using Fur Trade which I don't have much experience with really, as I don't personally like it much. Pretty much so I can watch and learn from him, and also so he can back up his previous comments about how easy it is to do.)
Austria Foire421
Skirmisher
ESO: foire421

Post by Foire421 »

Colonel Concrete wrote:Haha, I'll consider it if he first shows me he can beat the 'easy' AI using Fur Trade..

Alltho i heard Lukas is pretty Bad at the game i think he can :uglylol:
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

grudge match lukas vs 7 ai
Crossbow

Surely someone has had a go at this by now?

{Crickets...}
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

Aklak did 1v7 expert AI 100% handicap as French in supremacy mode and won. :o
Crossbow

WickedCossack wrote:Aklak did 1v7 expert AI 100% handicap as French in supremacy mode and won. :o

Yep, I saw that (rather epic!).
But I mean with traditional gameplay, and a 40min treaty, as discussed above (this is a French Treaty article).
Crossbow

Looks like no one has stepped up to the challenge.
Come on Fur Traders!

Ok so I got sick of waiting!.. Here's my recorded game if anyone's interested.
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=13319

Hopefully it helps some other French Treaty players, somehow! :)
Attachments
RecordedGame_40minTreaty_FrenchVS7ExpertAI_with100pcHandicap_ColonelConcrete.age3Yrec
(7.55 MiB) Downloaded 38 times