GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

Indian Treaty Guide

Post by _NiceKING_ »

RE Patch
Treaty Patch

BOOM

Age I

Collect the crates fast, put each villager on separate crate and shift click on wood, one villager to build a house, then to wood.
Send your 2 Monks to different directions to search for treasure and herdables [cow, buffalo, yak, llama], herdables generate lots of xp for India and they are usually on Deccan, Andes, Mongolia, Silk Road, Painted Desert, Himalayas Upper...
First 12 villagers all go to wood. Build market, civil servants upgrades [5% for hunting and all resource gathering in market] and then get hunting eagles (+5% to food gather rate from hunted animals)
Send 2-3 villagers to gold briefly if needed to get enough resource for market upgrade.
Leave 8 villagers on wood, switch 4 villagers to food and new villagers also to food until you have 800 food to age up.
When you have the 200 wood in addition to two villagers constantly queued; you make a consulate and ally with Ottomans.
After sending the Wood Trickle card and building the Consulate, reduce the villager number on wood to 5-6 for constant villager production.
Send a villagers to build the Karni Mata, this is your most important wonder because it boosts nearby villagers gather rate throughout the game. Put it in the center of your eco base, usually behind your town center with enough space to build at least ~10 rice paddies around it.
Shift a few villagers from food to gold.
Second Good Faith Agreement [Cheaper Consulate Improvement].

Age II

Send the four settlers shipment from the Ottoman consulate then switch to Portuguese.
Research all of the market techs immediately [except for the last one: villager attack/hitpoint], keep tweaking villagers ratio on food/gold, aim for Age III 1200 food/1000 gold requirement.
3rd card is Foreign Logging [2.35 wood trickle].
Send 4-8 villagers to build the Tower of Victory [its power is to boost unit attack in a short time].
Switch more villagers to wood (about 15) to gather wood for 2 more town centers the rest is on food.
Next card to send is Mughal Architecture [buildings get built faster and cost less wood]

Age III

Collect the 800 wood crates from Age up. Build 2 more town centers with your Monks immediately. Most of the vills should be on food now to start making cows.
Build 2 sacred fields and train 20 cows. Get upgrade for cows in sacred field. (150w 150g)
Because now your ally in Consulate is Port, your Age IV will cost 1700/1200, distribute your villagers accordingly.
Send 4 villagers to build the Taj Mahal [its power is to stop all the fight for a short time].

Age IV
Collect 1500 coin crates.
Aim for Age V 3400 food/4000 gold, generally this means more villagers on gold than food [because food has higher gather rate].
Send 8 villagers to build the Charminar Gate.
When aging switch most villagers from food to wood, focus on the trees around your Karni Mata since they will have best gather rate and to clear space.
Start to spam rice paddies around your Karni Mata. while you are still with Ports ally to save some wood.Upgrade food gather rate on your rice paddy.

Age V

Research Imperial wood in market and food on rice paddy.
Switch from Port to French ally in Consulate.
Keep about 10 villagers on wood, the rest on rice paddy for food.
Building walls, houses, and the monastery with villager.
Build one barrack and train a few Sepoys to build up your base's military buildings with several barracks, stables and castles.
Send your Fur Trade card starting at ~35 minutes.

WONDER ORDER

Karni Mata, Tower of Victory, Taj Mahal, Charminar Gate.

CARD ORDER

Distributibism > Good Faith Agreement [Cheaper Consulate Improvement] > Foreign Logging [2.35 wood trickle] > Mughal Architecture [building faster and less
wood] > Royal Mint > Exotic Hardwoods or WoodCrafting > Sustainable Agriculture > Food Silos > Battlefield Construction > Professional Handlers [lower elephant pop] > Tame Elephant [elephant train time & cost down] > Royal Green Jackets [Gurkha damage bonus] > Favorable Karma [monk attack/hitpoint and train tigers] > Fencing School > Riding School then whatever you want.

FIGHT

FIRST ARMY

Upgrade your monks in monastery and train your tigers [20]. Put your Monks in Stand Ground mode at the back of your army.
Train a Sepoy and Gurkha Mansabdar from your Charminar Gate, put them in Stand Ground mode at the back of your army.
Train military units until you have 199 pop.
With the last one 1 pop space open, send the big Gendarmes shipment from Consulate.
Once you've got the Gendarmes, you abandon France and fight with the British for HP boost.
Send all the minuteman militias from your 3 Town Centers, spread them out in front of your army to soak up the first shot from enemy because they are are weakest.

UNIT

Sepoy. strong musketeer that can build barrack, stable, and castle, you need 5-10 of them around all the time for forward base and anti cav. They give India a high level of mobility since you can plan a dangerous attack anywhere you can get your Sepoy to.
Gurkha, cheap powerful skirmisher unit, core anti-infantry unit, and also work great against dragoons, they should be the base unit of your army.
Mahout Lancer, deadly against mass skirm and artillery if they are close.
Howdah. great for killing cavalry, keep 4-5 behind your gurkha to protect them from hand cav. They can also kill artillery from range.
Siege Elephant, India's Mortar and Culverin, always keep at least 2 of them around so that you can effectively push and also kill artillery. Artillery is probably India's greatest fear since Siege Elephant costs more than a normal culverin [300 wood/400 gold] and take more pop [7] (6 on Treaty Patch); their stats are pretty bad (on RE). Always pull your army back if you are facing mass artillery.
Flail Elephant. their attack is too low to use in battle. But if you can sneak Sepoy into your enemy base and put up a castle there, you can spam these to destroy buildings since they train fast and have incredibly high siege. (200+ with rate of fire 1.5)
Monk Tigers. they are a really great addition to your army since their hand attack is decent, they are pretty good vs artillery, skirm and goons.
Consulate, make sure you ally with Brits for fighting, the 10% hp boost cannot be compromised.

Resource, if your food is going down too fast, then you're misusing or overusing mahout/natives. You shouldn't have to worry about running out of furtrade gold if you're playing well, and always remember to send 1300 infinite wood.

[spoiler=Videos]Watch Indian Boom and Fight:
phpBB [video]
[/spoiler]
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Re: Indian Treaty Guide

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

thanks for the write up, but I would like to add there may be better consulate options than 12 gends since they were nerfed from 15 and also gends stats in general were nerfed pretty hard.

using the brits consulate army of 5 faconettes and I think 16 skirms is pretty god too (much better actually since they were not nerfed). if you had time to switch over to other allies quick enough ottos and ports would work as well depending on what civ you were facing.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

on RE i use gorshaks the card that boost sacred field gathering by 80% and cheapens cows. Its a good card and then make cows in age 3. this slows your age 4 time by about a minute but boom over all it better because you get cards faster which come with a villager and are 2-3 cards ahead at the end of TR.

On RE i play with urumi and don't use the merc shipments since I prefer to conserve my coin for longer and urumi are cheap effective weapons. The only problem is that they take a longer train time.
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:on RE i use gorshaks the card that boost sacred field gathering by 80% and cheapens cows. Its a good card and then make cows in age 3. this slows your age 4 time by about a minute but boom over all it better because you get cards faster which come with a villager and are 2-3 cards ahead at the end of TR.

Pretty sure this card is bugged and only speeds up the XP gathering rate of herdables which are not at sacred fields, so it would only be useful on Andes with llamas or Deccan.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

ive tested it. it works but it only works if you upgrade at the sacred field before you send the card.

normal field with 10 cows gathers 25XP every 8 sec.
Field with tech gathers 25XP every 7 sec
with card Gathers 25Xp at 6 sec.

Trying it in the other order, gorshaks does nothing and final XP gather is about 7/sec

note these times are about average taken over a minute each, as it does seem to gather in whole seconds.
New Zealand ocemilky
Dragoon
ESO: Motch | Milky__

Post by ocemilky »

99% sure that card is bugged, regardless I don't think it's that great.

I never used to be but I'm now a strong supporter of maxing cows in age 3. You still trade 100k+ food if it arrives at 35 min. I'm no expert on India mind you, just my preference at the moment. Having the extra military cards out early just puts you ahead of Euro civs for the first 10 - 15 minutes in which time you can really make some ground by setting up the map better than a euro can at the time.
sergyou wrote:i won't even bother reply to ur posts anymore and id like u to the same and not quote me
howlingwolfpaw wrote:cognitive dissonance is what people suffer from when refusing to look at 9/11 truth.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

test it it does increase xp rate by 1 sec (if u send card after upgrading field first) basically making each field worth about 250xp per min, vs about 200xp per min, plus saving 500 food in age 3 help make that much more smooth.

it is bugged if u send card first though, which is logical and likely why people think it is
New Zealand ocemilky
Dragoon

Post by ocemilky »

hmmm okay. I haven't bothered to test it. I wonder if it can just be fixed...

I'm not sure if it's worth to use the card space for it though. I'll have to try it next game
sergyou wrote:i won't even bother reply to ur posts anymore and id like u to the same and not quote me
howlingwolfpaw wrote:cognitive dissonance is what people suffer from when refusing to look at 9/11 truth.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

it pretty much follows the logic of why good faith agreements is worth having. it stacks the benefits to allow for a steeper curve in the end game graph of res collected etc...

15% wood could be removed for that deck, or one of the mercs. I forget how the native card was changed, I think it only does 10%hp boost.... does it lower cost? I guess chakrams are better now that they get upgraded but I have never been a big fan because of 10 range and heavy coin cost (well ok i used to play them in FFA a lot until I realized how superior it was to send urumi). Once you run out of coin your kinda in a tough spot with india.

some ideas on how to improve india:

Overall I think a good buff to india would be to have faster shipments, they can easily get stacked as seeing as how everything else is slower for them (except building) they could really benefit from it. Then people could play urumi style, which is really strong, but harder to do in NR games because of the constant pressure. Opening up new strategies.

also I think mahouts should get a bonus to artillery since siege ele is kinda weak. ( less range, and damage and higher cost) its not even easy to get mahouts to art, and the high hp of them (especially mortars which are hard to counter with siege ele because they are out ranged and get targeted by skirms) usually has them dead before they can do adequate damage for the cost.

I think something needs to be done about tigers. They are very expensive food wise ( I think 110 and 125) so thats 235 food for what is equivalent to a hussar at 120 food 60 coin ( 180 total but worth maybe 200 food) . but a hussar is much better now that they have new classification. (faster, more effective HP and attack efficiency with tiger die off, and train faster) some things to buff would be Tiger HP, train speed or bonus to skirms/ art.
No Flag pl0xmaster
Crossbow

Post by pl0xmaster »

When to build sacred fields? After getting imperial or before?
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01

Post by Lukas_L99 »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:

Overall I think a good buff to india would be to have faster shipments, they can easily get stacked as seeing as how everything else is slower for them (except building) they could really benefit from it. Then people could play urumi style, which is really strong, but harder to do in NR games because of the constant pressure. Opening up new strategies.

Actually it's fine if you always send your shipments, it's not as bad as with Aztecs where you will actually have 10+ shipments stacked at one point, even if you're always sending them.

also I think mahouts should get a bonus to artillery since siege ele is kinda weak. ( less range, and damage and higher cost) its not even easy to get mahouts to art, and the high hp of them (especially mortars which are hard to counter with siege ele because they are out ranged and get targeted by skirms) usually has them dead before they can do adequate damage for the cost.

Siege eles are good on patch.

I think something needs to be done about tigers. They are very expensive food wise ( I think 110 and 125) so thats 235 food for what is equivalent to a hussar at 120 food 60 coin ( 180 total but worth maybe 200 food) . but a hussar is much better now that they have new classification. (faster, more effective HP and attack efficiency with tiger die off, and train faster) some things to buff would be Tiger HP, train speed or bonus to skirms/ art.

Maybe tigers should be a little cheaper, not sure. But I thought about how useful it'd be if shipping urumi cost coin instead of food

pl0xmaster wrote:When to build sacred fields? After getting imperial or before?

After TCs as it's written in the guide. Means more shipments overall and you also get a villager with every shipment.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

pl0xmaster wrote:When to build sacred fields? After getting imperial or before?

after I set my wonder to go to age 3 I send all but 5 vills off coin to food and have about 12 on wood for vills and buying sacred fields, etc.... but the field, upgrade it, send the card, buy the cows for 100. I send the card after mogul architecture.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

Lukas_L99 wrote:
howlingwolfpaw wrote:

Actually it's fine if you always send your shipments, it's not as bad as with Aztecs where you will actually have 10+ shipments stacked at one point, even if you're always sending them.

Well kinda, but it would be helpful if at least urumi came faster (same speed it takes to train inf) so it was just a choice of using them or not.

Siege eles are good on patch.

I dunno, the few times I played them they did not seem that much better. mainly because of the speed nerf. And still being out ranged and out gunned by culvs making them trade poorly yet still costing more. I think the less range would have been fine if they at least kept their speed. But anyway this is about mahouts which are really inefficient at killing artillery for the pop and cost of them. also when they reduced the pop and Hp of eles they reduced the food cost 13% but not the wood? I don't get that. wood needs to be reduced as well. 250 wood is a LOT for a single unit. comparatively 3 hussar cost 360 food and 180 coin. the food is pretty similar but 70 extra wood is a lot.

Maybe tigers should be a little cheaper, not sure. But I thought about how useful it'd be if shipping urumi cost coin instead of food

Oh i really would not be a fan of that. Once the TR is over its easy for india to get food, but once they run out of coin they are in trouble. They dont really need a whole lot of coin if played right, but changing that in conjunction with the added sepoy cost would just be too much.
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Old siege eles with buffed speed were way too good cause you could just wait for your opponent's culverines to shoot once, move them up and run away after without risking to get shot. It was almost impossible to kill them if your opponent microed them well, sometimes culv shots even missed cause they were moving so fast.
Tigers to a decent job at killing art by the way, so do howdahs if you're in trouble.

Actually I personally would rather spend 750 coin on urumi instead of food, I run out of food way more easily as India than I run out of coin. Even if people are using the chakram shipment (2000 coin) their coin usually lasts a long time as well.
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

To be fair, india takes a certain level of skill to use them well and there are not many people who are good enough ;)
In fact, I'd just suggest 2 players to use india. Now, do your math!

GOD Floko and GOD Killa
r]
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

Yeah I've said this before but right now Lukas India is the only India able to give me a challenge. The other Indias are easy to walk over.

Unfortunately I haven't played much India ever since I got rolled by sabusa Germany despite him doing nothing better than me :D.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

yea but i didnt play nr 40 in a while gicht so its only lukas remaining whos good enough
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

dicktator_ wrote:Yeah I've said this before but right now Lukas India is the only India able to give me a challenge. The other Indias are easy to walk over.

Unfortunately I haven't played much India ever since I got rolled by sabusa Germany despite him doing nothing better than me :D.

Are you talking about the gameranger game?
r]
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

sebnan12 wrote:yea but i didnt play nr 40 in a while gicht so its only lukas remaining whos good enough

You have to quote my last post to see the true players I meant :lol:
r]
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

Gichtenlord wrote:
dicktator_ wrote:Yeah I've said this before but right now Lukas India is the only India able to give me a challenge. The other Indias are easy to walk over.

Are you talking about the gameranger game?

I'm talking about the game where I raged (it was on patch and a good deal later). That game was especially frustrating cause I not only lost but got rolled. The game ranger game was at least close. It was the only past broadcast I ever deleted :D.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

IMO since india does not get cannons should have superior anti cannon (like sioux and aztec). but it doesn't. and it appears others feel india is weak as well.

mainly because of slow train times comparatively, yet their cav and gurka is not that much better if at all than most euro units. India has going for it, sepoy a great unit but less effective in the goon skirm combos that dominate late game play. sepoy building barracks, and tigers. in all other areas they are pretty weak. while mahouts could be good their pathing negates much of that. the slow train time of everything makes them always with a partial army out fighting. and without mansabar gurkas dont really compare to be better than most of other skirms. it once had a good start army that would give india position to set up and not be on the defensive and trying to recoup all game but that was drastically changed so now they dont have that initial push power.

when do you fur trade with india? maybe you are doing it too early and not giving yourself enough time buffer for food. many times I get a good trade, and after a few mins of fighting expect to drop 20 vills off food and fight with a larger army, its really the only way to compensate for slow train times in fast paced TR

But honestly I do not play the patch much anymore mainly because I do not like what was done with india. I just play it in FFA now and If I play a TR game i just play one of the basic, brits, germs, or spain.
New Zealand ocemilky
Dragoon

Post by ocemilky »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:IMO since india does not get cannons should have superior anti cannon (like sioux and aztec). but it doesn't. and it appears others feel india is weak as well.

You can use brit consulate for falconets. That's the only way Good Faiths Agreement is worth it - you don't just send it for the brigade shipment. It's actually a decent amount of cannon you can get out over the course of the game, for free.

mainly because of slow train times comparatively, yet their cav and gurka is not that much better if at all than most euro units. India has going for it, sepoy a great unit but less effective in the goon skirm combos that dominate late game play. sepoy building barracks, and tigers. in all other areas they are pretty weak. while mahouts could be good their pathing negates much of that. the slow train time of everything makes them always with a partial army out fighting. and without mansabar gurkas dont really compare to be better than most of other skirms. it once had a good start army that would give india position to set up and not be on the defensive and trying to recoup all game but that was drastically changed so now they dont have that initial push power.

Gurkha rock! You say "without mansabar" but the whole point is keeping your mansabar units safe. I'm still learning India but I control group them and keep them on stand ground, a little to the back. I'd say India's high HP units almost make up for the training time, hence you need a really good start to set up. It's all about positioning - if you're able to spread an FB and protect your training buildings from mortars, the training time isn't that much of a disadvantage.

when do you fur trade with india? maybe you are doing it too early and not giving yourself enough time buffer for food. many times I get a good trade, and after a few mins of fighting expect to drop 20 vills off food and fight with a larger army, its really the only way to compensate for slow train times in fast paced TR

Agreed with trade, you can't leave it as late as other civs. India is just too food heavy. Latest I trade is at 5 min, but probably better at 6 or even 7 min if I'm vsing a player better than me and I know that I'll struggle. Unsure about deleting villagers though. Perhaps nick/gich/lukas can express their thoughts on it?

But honestly I do not play the patch much anymore mainly because I do not like what was done with india. I just play it in FFA now and If I play a TR game i just play one of the basic, brits, germs, or spain.

I've actually found India to be more enjoyable. A lot less gimicky with the Gendarme start, and tigers are no longer broken. With the nerfs to gurkha/tiger food costs (gurkha costs swapped around, tigers down by 10 or so iirc) you can sustain a lot better.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

ocemilky wrote:
howlingwolfpaw wrote:IMO since india does not get cannons should have superior anti cannon (like sioux and aztec). but it doesn't. and it appears others feel india is weak as well.

You can use brit consulate for falconets. That's the only way Good Faiths Agreement is worth it - you don't just send it for the brigade shipment. It's actually a decent amount of cannon you can get out over the course of the game, for free.

yes but you cant really rely on that as much hey are just kind of a bonus, you still are at the whim of gathering export which is slow and they don't come out at a gather point. You could move your consulate but then its at risk to going down thus losing bonuses for a while. I just used the shipments if I get pressed at my walls.

Gurkha rock! You say "without mansabar" but the whole point is keeping your mansabar units safe. I'm still learning India but I control group them and keep them on stand ground, a little to the back. I'd say India's high HP units almost make up for the training time, hence you need a really good start to set up. It's all about positioning - if you're able to spread an FB and protect your training buildings from mortars, the training time isn't that much of a disadvantage.

Gurka are good with mansabar, but its the plus 1 range really that does it all, Hp and attack are all comparative to other civs with skirms. but they can be produced much faster. Yes mansabars should be on stand still mode.

Agreed with trade, you can't leave it as late as other civs. India is just too food heavy. Latest I trade is at 5 min, but probably better at 6 or even 7 min if I'm vsing a player better than me and I know that I'll struggle. Unsure about deleting villagers though. Perhaps nick/gich/lukas can express their thoughts on it?

I have done it successfully, It can actually save food and res because with a larger stronger army you get better k/d ratios. it all depends on civ matchup etc... if playing vs germans for instance you pretty much have to plan that way.

I've actually found India to be more enjoyable. A lot less gimicky with the Gendarme start, and tigers are no longer broken. With the nerfs to gurkha/tiger food costs (gurkha costs swapped around, tigers down by 10 or so iirc) you can sustain a lot better.

I thought it was just sepoy that cost more coin now, they did it for gurka too? I think tigers are broken on the india side now. too little hp to make a big enough difference for the cost. I woudn't even try starting with gends now with the gend nerf. I would use the brit consulate army, and make more mahouts if facing a civ with lots of skirms.

New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

I like the look of these guides. Cool effort!
New Zealand ocemilky
Dragoon

Post by ocemilky »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:
ocemilky wrote:
howlingwolfpaw wrote:

yes but you cant really rely on that as much hey are just kind of a bonus, you still are at the whim of gathering export which is slow and they don't come out at a gather point. You could move your consulate but then its at risk to going down thus losing bonuses for a while. I just used the shipments if I get pressed at my walls.

I always delete and rebuild my consulate after 40. Just tested it and the bonus remains even if you delete so there's literally no risk. You simply build it near the back of your fb if you're worried about mortars. You can seriously pump out a good amount of cannon, and it's better than not using it at all. They have 183 base damage, more than a normal falc. You get 3 at a time as well. You'd be silly not to use them.

Gurka are good with mansabar, but its the plus 1 range really that does it all, Hp and attack are all comparative to other civs with skirms. but they can be produced much faster. Yes mansabars should be on stand still mode.

Yes so you protect them as much as you can. If you're fighting heads up, they should be alive most of the time. So your skirms will be better than other skirms most of the time. They cost 50 food 70 gold now, instead of the other way around. Sepoy cost 80 food 40 gold, which again makes it easier on your food. These are good changes imo.

I thought it was just sepoy that cost more coin now, they did it for gurka too? I think tigers are broken on the india side now. too little hp to make a big enough difference for the cost. I woudn't even try starting with gends now with the gend nerf. I would use the brit consulate army, and make more mahouts if facing a civ with lots of skirms.

Brits consulate army isn't that great. I still use Gendarme because you can get their fb vills/art/map control/give to ally. there's so many options, and they're still decent units. Tigers are weaker but they needed it. I still think they're decent, just not a crazy good meat shield anymore. Orange tiger costs 110 food, 309 hp and 38 attack. white tiger costs 120 food, 335 hp and 35 attack (with brit cons)

What about otto brigade? 13 jans, 3 great bombards? Pretty good too if you think you wont lose to culvs