The Lost Elixir wrote:While the guide was elaborate and good, there were few discrepancies, particularly in cards you chose.
1) Trickle cards in treaty?? They are useless, unless you're playing with India in wood scanty region(which you shouldn't do in the first place) or you're going to make game longer(you've to finish game as soon as possible(max 1hr 15 min)). 1300 wood card(infinite) is more than enough with the XP you're going to get with cows and kills.
2) Favorable Karma, isn't that good. You're going to get 60% BASE HP and DAMAGE, which is may be +4 or +5 attack and +300 HP?? Nah! Keep the space for better cards. Besides white tigers have good hand attack not pet tigers.
3) Where the hell is +30% camel attack card??? What about urumi and mansabdar urumi card??? Urumis are best in late games. They decimate Ashigarus and Aztecs quite easily. War elephant card is waste, mahout is hell lot better. Urumis are lot better than chakrams.
4) Where is diplomatic intrigue card??? You need it to easily change the relations. You need extended fortifications card too...without it you can build only 5 castles.
5) Fur trade is optional. Usually you don't need furtrade at all, if played correctly.
Your first army is your wish. You can max out with mahouts and speoys and send Britsh 16 ranger+falconet shipment from consulate. There are so many options.
Mahouts will steamroll any infantry. If pathing is the problem, then set all Elephants X Obstruction radius to 0.79, Z Obstruction Radius to 0.79 (instead of 0.49 X and 0.99 Z) in protoy.xml file.
The thing with mahouts or garrochistas or dogsoldiers is bonus against infantry is not only against ranged infantry like skirmishers, but all kinds of infantry. So a mahout deals 2x * 0.5x =1x damage(no penalty or no bonus) vs heavy infantry like musketeer. Besides they have hell lot of hp. So they can be easily microed. The only real threats to them are erks or skull knights.
I don't even know if you're trolling or not, but I'm just assuming you aren't.
1.) Trickle cards help you to boom much better in the early stages of the game, try one boom with trickle cards and one without, you'll notice the difference and also over time they produce a decent amount of wood without needing population.
2.) You're sending that card only
to enable 10 pet tigers. Those have less HP but more attack than white tigers, but obviously you should always make both tigers since they don't even cost pop but have decent stats.
3.) Nobody uses camels in treaty, their train times are way too slow.
4.) Waste of a shipment, diplomatic intrigue is like a res shipment, and a shitty one too. Extended fortifications is optional, but usually you have more important cards to send.
5.) No, fur trade is not optional at all, india gathers food so so so much faster than coin, you HAVE to send it or your score will be much lower and India would lose to even more civs than they already do on RE.
Your deck is just horrible for NR40 (what this guide is about). Why do you have that wonder card in age 1? Why would you ever send a castle which is basically 350 resources only in a treaty game? Why would you ever send spice trade when your hunts will eventually run out and this card has an effect for maybe 20 minutes? What is the 3rd card in age 3, I've never seen that for india lol and why would you ever send the urumi shipment that can only be sent ONCE
in a treaty game that usually lasts over an hour??
You ALWAYS want to send cards with a long-term effect in treaty, everything else is a waste basically.
Oh and you're overrating mahouts too, they're just average cav.