AoE3 Russians Treaty Guide

Germany supernapoleon
Lancer
ESO: Supernapoleon

Re: Russians Treaty Guide

Post by supernapoleon »

Their mortas are great. High damage, fast training and very cheap. But I aggree, the rest of their artillery is avarage.
"I'M SOOOOOO GOOD AT THE GAME"
Hazza wrote: "I mad u win cos u get carried all game and have to lame every game"
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

supernapoleon wrote:
dicktator_ wrote:
supernapoleon wrote:russia will win any match up in the long term.

List of matchups Russia loses in the long term: Brits, Ports (only if they wall a lot), possibly german (russia v germany may be even in long term), Otto (jan bombard is too much for russia), France (Russia loses short term middle term and long term), Japan (Russia loses short term middle term and long term)

There are other reasons that support my statement.
Russia has 3 big advantages compared to other civ: russia can spam infantry and cavalary units, russia has the most cost effective units, russia is good in running due to the siege damage of opris and the ability that musks can build forts; also their eco is one of the best during the fight.
When you make use of these 3 advantages you can win any match up.
Go running and the enemy has to split his army. Russia just can spam the best and most costeffective counter unit to his devided army. And thats the reason why russia will prevail in the long term.

Ability to spam inf is only an advantage off andes, and that only flips Russia vs Otto (Russia wins off andes) and Russia vs Port (even off Andes). France, Brit, and Japan still own Russia off andes. Any civ can spam cav off or on andes.

Russia has incredibly cost effective units, but with the exception of cossacks, they are not pop efficient. Skirms have way better stats than strelets for the same amount of pop, same with the musketeers of any other civ compared to Russia. Weaker units means your army will be weaker than your opponent's at full pop, your army will die faster, and you will have to reproduce more than your opponent. This makes up for the cost effectiveness of Russian units. Although your army is cheaper, you have to reproduce more, and end up spending about the same if not more. The +5 pop buff helped with this problem but it still doesn't make up for lack of pop efficient units. Their infinite Nookta shipment is good, especially VS Germany and Dutch, but they are only slightly better than 17 cherokee or 15 huron, and still worse than 25 tupi. The only matchup that shipment potentially flips is Germany, Dutch, and maybe Spain. Their eco is average btw, ports can match their eco easily, brits eco is just better, japan's eco isn't even that much worse, and otto have a slightly worse eco but start with a bigger bank.

So now I've proven why Russia has problems heads up. Running won't flip any of these matchups. On RE patch Russia could run VS otto and that would flip the matchup, but now that Jans train 15% faster it doesn't work (on Andes anyway but I already said Russia beats otto off Andes). Russia actually gets outclassed by Brits/Ports/Japan in split pushing. Why? Because of better musk/huss compositions. Split push fights are usually about musk huss fights, and Ports, Brits, and Japan both have great musk. Opris are easily shut down by walls and port goons/brit hussars, and morts behind walls can stop forward forts from going up. You can't argue the Russia spam advantage on Andes at all, brit/port/japan can also spam. Off Andes just make a few extra walls as buffer to make up for training speeds and you're good. Japan also has a bigger army. France will also hold Russia split pushes because they have a 15 pop advantage (120 pop army vs 105 pop army).

You're just wrong and this is the last post I'm going to make explaining why.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
Germany supernapoleon
Lancer

Post by supernapoleon »

dicktator_ wrote:
supernapoleon wrote:
Show hidden quotes

There are other reasons that support my statement.
Russia has 3 big advantages compared to other civ: russia can spam infantry and cavalary units, russia has the most cost effective units, russia is good in running due to the siege damage of opris and the ability that musks can build forts; also their eco is one of the best during the fight.
When you make use of these 3 advantages you can win any match up.
Go running and the enemy has to split his army. Russia just can spam the best and most costeffective counter unit to his devided army. And thats the reason why russia will prevail in the long term.

Ability to spam inf is only an advantage off andes, and that only flips Russia vs Otto (Russia wins off andes) and Russia vs Port (even off Andes). France, Brit, and Japan still own Russia off andes. Any civ can spam cav off or on andes.

Russia has incredibly cost effective units, but with the exception of cossacks, they are not pop efficient. Skirms have way better stats than strelets for the same amount of pop, same with the musketeers of any other civ compared to Russia. Weaker units means your army will be weaker than your opponent's at full pop, your army will die faster, and you will have to reproduce more than your opponent. This makes up for the cost effectiveness of Russian units. Although your army is cheaper, you have to reproduce more, and end up spending about the same if not more. The +5 pop buff helped with this problem but it still doesn't make up for lack of pop efficient units. Their infinite Nookta shipment is good, especially VS Germany and Dutch, but they are only slightly better than 17 cherokee or 15 huron, and still worse than 25 tupi. The only matchup that shipment potentially flips is Germany, Dutch, and maybe Spain. Their eco is average btw, ports can match their eco easily, brits eco is just better, japan's eco isn't even that much worse, and otto have a slightly worse eco but start with a bigger bank.

So now I've proven why Russia has problems heads up. Running won't flip any of these matchups. On RE patch Russia could run VS otto and that would flip the matchup, but now that Jans train 15% faster it doesn't work (on Andes anyway but I already said Russia beats otto off Andes). Russia actually gets outclassed by Brits/Ports/Japan in split pushing. Why? Because of better musk/huss compositions. Split push fights are usually about musk huss fights, and Ports, Brits, and Japan both have great musk. Opris are easily shut down by walls and port goons/brit hussars, and morts behind walls can stop forward forts from going up. You can't argue the Russia spam advantage on Andes at all, brit/port/japan can also spam. Off Andes just make a few extra walls as buffer to make up for training speeds and you're good. Japan also has a bigger army. France will also hold Russia split pushes because they have a 15 pop advantage (120 pop army vs 105 pop army).

You're just wrong and this is the last post I'm going to make explaining why.

Fight my russia and i will prove their strenghts.
Hazza wrote: "I mad u win cos u get carried all game and have to lame every game"
Howdah
EWT

Post by dicktator_ »

supernapoleon wrote:Fight my russia and i will prove their strenghts.

Name a time
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
Germany supernapoleon
Lancer

Post by supernapoleon »

Wednesday?
Howdah
EWT

Post by dicktator_ »

supernapoleon wrote:Wednesday?

k I can do 17-21 GMT or any time after 22:30 GMT
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

lul
r]
Germany supernapoleon
Lancer

Post by supernapoleon »

17-21:30 gmt should be fine
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

This game doesnt prove anything anyways, since your mechanics are too inferior to nicks. It might have been interesting when muskets still had the ability to build any military production facility, but on the current patch iteration it's kinda pointless.
r]
Germany supernapoleon
Lancer

Post by supernapoleon »

Feel free to take my spot if you think that you will do better versus nick...
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

Since I share a similar opinion to nick, I dont have to demonstrate anything
r]
Howdah
EWT

Post by dicktator_ »

supernapoleon wrote:17-21:30 gmt should be fine

Ok I'll be on at 18 GMT
New Zealand ocemilky
Dragoon
ESO: Motch | Milky__

Post by ocemilky »

One game proves shit all. Even one game per civ. As gitch said, skill will be the determinant of this match, not the civs. gl hf
sergyou wrote:i won't even bother reply to ur posts anymore and id like u to the same and not quote me
howlingwolfpaw wrote:cognitive dissonance is what people suffer from when refusing to look at 9/11 truth.
Howdah
EWT

Post by dicktator_ »

ocemilky wrote:One game proves shit all. Even one game per civ. As gitch said, skill will be the determinant of this match, not the civs. gl hf

I agree but he thinks Russia is so good that it can make up for the skill gap. Either way it'll be fun though, I think @QueenOfdestiny is casting.
Portugal sergyou
Lancer

Post by sergyou »

dicktator_ wrote:
ocemilky wrote:One game proves shit all. Even one game per civ. As gitch said, skill will be the determinant of this match, not the civs. gl hf

I agree but he thinks Russia is so good that it can make up for the skill gap. Either way it'll be fun though, I think @QueenOfdestiny is casting.

i can co cast . :D
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

Can i be the co-co cast?
r]
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

dicktator_ wrote:

Yes i will go and cast it :smile:
shit juice :hmm:
Howdah
EWT

Post by dicktator_ »

Gichtenlord wrote:Can i be the co-co cast?

As long as you don't lag - who am I kidding if anyone lags it's gonna be supernapoleon. Ofc you can cast.
New Zealand ocemilky
Dragoon
ESO: Motch | Milky__

Post by ocemilky »

sergyou wrote:
dicktator_ wrote:

i can co cast . :D

careful in front of twitch chat this time eh :chinese:
sergyou wrote:i won't even bother reply to ur posts anymore and id like u to the same and not quote me
howlingwolfpaw wrote:cognitive dissonance is what people suffer from when refusing to look at 9/11 truth.
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

id it really true that russia loses vs japan out of no inca maps?? seems like they shud do better there
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
United States of America dthrill_08
Musketeer
ESO: dthrill

Re: AoE3 Russians Treaty Guide

Post by dthrill_08 »

I'm a Vanilla player and only play NR 40+.

Is it recommended to make Grenadiers at all ? I don't think I ever made Grenadiers because of their slow training. How about Strelets? I usually make 10-20 Strelets with Musks in case my Cossack can't get to LI because of walls.
Howdah
EWT

Post by dicktator_ »

Making grens in treaty is bad. Strelets are good.
United States of America dthrill_08
Musketeer
ESO: dthrill

Post by dthrill_08 »

dicktator_ wrote:Making grens in treaty is bad. Strelets are good.

Thank you,

I thought I was the only Russian playing fool that used Strelets lol. I have all their upgrades on my decks. I do use Musks and Cossack. Cossack is seriously underrated. If they were 2 pop then I'd say yes they are but at 1 pop they are so important.

I don't make Halbs unless their Melee Calvary is attacking my Blockhouse.
India TNT333
Lancer
ESO: TNT333

Post by TNT333 »

Thanks i wanted to look for a russian treaty guide. Will halbs work as well?
"We are kings or pawns" Napoleon Bonaparte
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

What is considered long term in treaty , 24hrs?