From major to brigadier: How to improve at higher levels?

Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Re: From major to brigadier: How to improve at higher levels?

Post by pecelot »

It can be a good idea sometimes, it just depends, obviously. Vills' efficiency may not always be the main priority.
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

pecelot wrote:It can be a good idea sometimes, it just depends, obviously. Vills' efficiency may not always be the main priority.

ok, if you dont have a sw arround you wont walk it half map :P
No Flag _tank
Musketeer
ESO: _tank

Post by _tank »

My best advice is to get a smurf account and only play people major or lower with less then 25 HC. If you can keep up the winrate you get your big PR :)
-professional teamgame player
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

_tank wrote:My best advice is to get a smurf account and only play people major or lower with less then 25 HC. If you can keep up the winrate you get your big PR :)

Pretty sure this is about skill and not PR per se
No Flag _tank
Musketeer
ESO: _tank

Post by _tank »

Nah title says "Major to brigadier"
-professional teamgame player
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

But also says "improve".
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Jerom wrote:Garja is right though. Getting colonel with dutch is so much harder than doing that with a civ like iro or india. My dutch knowledge is so much more developed yet I can pick up top civs with little effort and play at the same level.

Not trying to balance whine here btw.

To be fair laming the top civs is not necessarily easy if you used to play and underpowered civ. It is not automatic at the very least.
If you were to play iros on RE qs from scratch against the moltitude of possible lame stuff you would still get tossed around like half of times. It still takes skills to win with the superior civ, just like it takes skills to win with the same or an inferior civ.
The difference is that once you know the real potential of a civ you understand how to leverage that to win almost all possible situations. Basically you still have to learn how to win from a won position.
Image Image Image
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Jerom wrote:Garja is right though. Getting colonel with dutch is so much harder than doing that with a civ like iro or india. My dutch knowledge is so much more developed yet I can pick up top civs with little effort and play at the same level.

although to be fair banks could be free and you'd still complain about Dutch being weak
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

gibson wrote:

although to be fair banks could be free and you'd still complain about Dutch being weak

find a post where I balance whine about current dutch. Spoiler: You won't find it.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

I do think that some people are discounting the effect of age. Obviously there are exceptions but when you are younger you simply will have faster reaction times and generally will be able to make the needed decisions quicker than when you are older
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

ye this is true, but it doesn't really start to be a thing before 35, assuming you take good care of your body/health
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

umeu wrote:ye this is true, but it doesn't really start to be a thing before 35, assuming you take good care of your body/health

The decline of the human body is said to start at about the age of 28
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

different parts of the body start to age at different times. the brain starts to age as one of the earliest, but the body parts you need to play aoe i think don't really start to age till late 30's. i might be wrong though, and every one is slightly different as well.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

umeu wrote:different parts of the body start to age at different times. the brain starts to age as one of the earliest, but the body parts you need to play aoe i think don't really start to age till late 30's. i might be wrong though, and every one is slightly different as well.
lol the body and the brain don't age at different times, they're always aging. I think what you mean is they age at different rates.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

gibson wrote:
umeu wrote:different parts of the body start to age at different times. the brain starts to age as one of the earliest, but the body parts you need to play aoe i think don't really start to age till late 30's. i might be wrong though, and every one is slightly different as well.
lol the body and the brain don't age at different times, they're always aging. I think what you mean is they age at different rates.

nah

aging as in the process of deterioration doesn't start at the same time in every part of the body. The brain starts to deteriorate first, but does so quite slowly. While the eyes for example start to deteriorate later, but do so faster.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

umeu wrote:
gibson wrote:

nah

aging as in the process of deterioration doesn't start at the same time in every part of the body. The brain starts to deteriorate first, but does so quite slowly. While the eyes for example start to deteriorate later, but do so faster.
No its not. From the age of 1 to the age of 20, you have aged 19 years, even though your body has grown rather than deteriorated. Aging is simply the process of growing older lol, regardless of change.
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

Mitoe wrote:Don't let losses dissuade you.

Too late.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

gibson wrote:
umeu wrote:
Show hidden quotes

nah

No its not. From the age of 1 to the age of 20, you have aged 19 years, even though your body has grown rather than deteriorated. Aging is simply the process of growing older lol, regardless of change.

were not talking about the same thing. You are talking about aging as in counting years. I'm talking about aging as in deterioration. I didn't make this clear at the start, but i did make it clear in the last post.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

umeu wrote:
gibson wrote:
Show hidden quotes

were not talking about the same thing. You are talking about aging as in counting years. I'm talking about aging as in deterioration. I didn't make this clear at the start, but i did make it clear in the last post.
well it was clear from the start, you can tell clearly by the context, which I noticed after reading it a second time, but at that point I'd already hit reply and was committed to being incredibly petty so went through with it anyway
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Still to me this topic remains a mystery. Ive been trying to figure out why I have been winning games or losing games and the overwhelming majority of games I have no idea why I won and often also not why I lost. I have turned into the world's worst coach. When people ask me for tips all I can come up with nowadays is 'I dont actually know why I won or you lost'. Somewhere there is some hidden knowledge that I so far have only managed to learn subconsciously.
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

Jerom wrote:Still to me this topic remains a mystery. Ive been trying to figure out why I have been winning games or losing games and the overwhelming majority of games I have no idea why I won and often also not why I lost. I have turned into the world's worst coach. When people ask me for tips all I can come up with nowadays is 'I dont actually know why I won or you lost'. Somewhere there is some hidden knowledge that I so far have only managed to learn subconsciously.

Yes haha, i'm also kinda clueless on where I need to improve, this is hard to understand.
The other day I though "this BO looks solid!" and I played one game with LordRaphael, he saw one absurd flaw in my game and rekt me. Ok, at least I learned something there.

This goes to reeinforce the importance of playing against good players. Against a worse one I would probably get away with that bad bo and keep doing that mistake.
Great Britain Panmaster
Skirmisher

Post by Panmaster »

Becoming Korean would probably help.

On a more serious note having good mental focus is key. If you're lethargic and crappy like me 24/7 it's hopeless.
TAD AI Reference Guide
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln