Zamburaks vs Sepoys

No Flag mnogud
Lancer

Zamburaks vs Sepoys

Post by mnogud »

Can someone tell me when to choose sepoys over zambs ? They have the same cost and pop space, zambs being better vs cav age2 upgrades while sepoys very good vs cav and also vs infantry in range
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Zamburaks vs Sepoys

Post by deleted_user0 »

Zambs when u stay age2 for a long time and plan to send cav ups. Sepoy if u semi or fotress play (unless u already have all ups) or need anti cav soon. Also if u need musk huss combo type, ofc u sepoy sowar.

Also vs civs that do infantry mass like japan u should ghurka sepoy sowar, no zambs obv

U can always make a few just to catch raids
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Zamburaks vs Sepoys

Post by WickedCossack »

Zambs are more long term units and sepoys are for when action is going to down in the next couple of minutes. If you want to make a push with the aim of doing serious damage then go sepoy (like 12 sepoy push, but there are other nice sepoy timmings you can hit). They're more tanky and overall do more damage as long as you keep moving forward and shooting. Zambs are good when you're containing an enemy and you can keep microing back with zamb/gurhka and you're not looking to finish the game right away (sepoy just get picked off in a micro war). They've also got better mobility to defend raids which you need.

I think a mix is nice actually, zambs for anti-cav damage and sepoy to make your army more beefy but most people seem to make one or the other after 6 mins.
India _DB_
Howdah

Zamburaks vs Sepoys

Post by _DB_ »

Zambs are highly viable in age 2 but it's not as cost effective as sepoy. Mixing zamb with gurk is good idea against most of the unit composition.
Do sepoy gurk against most civs who don't mass cav much.

Important tips for age 2 zamb without any upgrade:
6 zamb one hit kill ulhan
7 zamb one hit kill cossack
8 zamb one hit kill hussar
12 zambs one hit kill veteran cuirassier

H2O says "whenver you lose, it's due to not having enough zambs." It's true. Sometimes not.
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
No Flag mnogud
Lancer

Zamburaks vs Sepoys

Post by mnogud »

i asked coz initially sepoys do more damage till zambs get the cav attack upgrade... also sepoys have more hitpoints... but zambs are more mobile and do ranged damage.... since cav can be microes back against melee units better than ranged units
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Zamburaks vs Sepoys

Post by Jaeger »

umeu wrote:Also vs civs that do infantry mass like japan u should ghurka sepoy sowar, no zambs obv

This is a bit confusing haha, if it is better to go musk instead of goon then why does everyone go goon with french instead of vet musk? I feel like skirm musk wins against skirm goon, but once you add cav for both sides doesn''t the side with the goons win?
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
India _DB_
Howdah

Zamburaks vs Sepoys

Post by _DB_ »

Yeah you won't really add a stable before a rax unless you scout a semi FF from germany or france.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Zamburaks vs Sepoys

Post by deleted_user0 »

ovi12 wrote:
umeu wrote:Also vs civs that do infantry mass like japan u should ghurka sepoy sowar, no zambs obv

?
This is a bit confusing haha, if it is better to go musk instead of goon then why does everyone go goon with french instead of vet musk? I feel like skirm musk wins against skirm goon, but once you add cav for both sides doesnt the side with the goons win?

Well the simple answer is, musk arent as good as sepoy, and for fre musk have no ups. But ri hi cav is not neccesarily worse than skir goon cav, just harder to control. But often it can be superior
No Flag jsimons1289
Dragoon

Zamburaks vs Sepoys

Post by jsimons1289 »

ovi12 wrote:

This is a bit confusing haha, if it is better to go musk instead of goon then why does everyone go goon with french instead of vet musk? I feel like skirm musk wins against skirm goon, but once you add cav for both sides doesnt the side with the goons win?

Well sepoys are better than musk, and goons are better than zambs. Besides musks require upgrading and goons dont, plus France have decent cav cards which makes it better to have a stable rather than a rax in early age 3 (if you have the choice of one military building). If you semi ff youll likely go 5 huss, so in age 3 you can go goon &' ship skirm without investing early in a rax.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Zamburaks vs Sepoys

Post by momuuu »

gurka zamb is really strong against most colonial compositions, so if you are planning to have colonial vs colonial wars, it can be a really good option for sure. Gurka Zamb will most likely decimate musk huss armies for example (at least from my experience playing skirm ruyter vs musk huss).
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Zamburaks vs Sepoys

Post by Papist »

mnogud wrote:Can someone tell me when to choose sepoys over zambs ? They have the same cost and pop space, zambs being better vs cav age2 upgrades while sepoys very good vs cav and also vs infantry in range
Sepoy are much more cost-efficient than zams, making them good for longer colonial games.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
No Flag mnogud
Lancer

Zamburaks vs Sepoys

Post by mnogud »

papist wrote:
mnogud wrote:Can someone tell me when to choose sepoys over zambs ? They have the same cost and pop space, zambs being better vs cav age2 upgrades while sepoys very good vs cav and also vs infantry in range
Sepoy are much more cost-efficient than zams, making them good for longer colonial games.
they cost the same and zambs do more damage in late colonial... so how are they more efficient ?
India _DB_
Howdah

Zamburaks vs Sepoys

Post by _DB_ »

mnogud wrote:
papist wrote:Sepoy are much more cost-efficient than zams, making them good for longer colonial games.
they cost the same and zambs do more damage in late colonial... so how are they more efficient ?
Because zambs cost more coin and it gathers slower than food. Zambs do more damage on colonial? Not to everything except cav. Their max attack is 19 in age 2 with 132 HP (brit consulate 10% boost inclusive).

It takes years for zambs to kill one villager. While 6 sepoys one-hit kill a 150 HP villager.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Zamburaks vs Sepoys

Post by Jaeger »

subzero wrote:
mnogud wrote:they cost the same and zambs do more damage in late colonial... so how are they more efficient ?
Because zambs cost more coin and it gathers slower than food. Zambs do more damage on colonial? Not to everything except cav. Their max attack is 19 in age 2 with 132 HP (brit consulate 10% boost inclusive).

It takes years for zambs to kill one villager. While 6 sepoys one-hit kill a 150 HP villager.
Zambs, like all ranged cav except bow riders, have a negative multiplier vs vills
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
No Flag jsimons1289
Dragoon

Zamburaks vs Sepoys

Post by jsimons1289 »

As always, your composition 'depends'. If you're playing late colonial I would always have at least some sepoy - even if only for their tanking ability. It's unlikely you're going to start rax/stable in age 2 so to start will be HI/RI which is fine, and then add stable if needed
No Flag mnogud
Lancer

Zamburaks vs Sepoys

Post by mnogud »

subzero wrote:
mnogud wrote:they cost the same and zambs do more damage in late colonial... so how are they more efficient ?

u will never raid with sepoys....they are slow and costly to lose..
India _DB_
Howdah

Zamburaks vs Sepoys

Post by _DB_ »

mnogud wrote:
subzero wrote:Because zambs cost more coin and it gathers slower than food. Zambs do more damage on colonial? Not to everything except cav. Their max attack is 19 in age 2 with 132 HP (brit consulate 10% boost inclusive).

u will never raid with sepoys....they are slow and costly to lose..
Actually, you can raid with 6 sepoys if you micro well. Raid from atleast two directions at a time, it can be annoying for your opponent as 6 sepoys walk in a straight horizontal line.
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

Zamburaks vs Sepoys

Post by _venox_ »

zambs need 2 ups to be as strong as a sepoy, but imo zamb sowar gurkha > anything with sepoy actually
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.