Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

Watch out guys!

Post by MCJim »

lol
[img]http://oi61.tinypic.com/2zp74ax.jpg" style="max-width:100%'" alt=""]
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Watch out guys!

Post by zoom »

That is the question indeed...
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Watch out guys!

Post by zoom »

aoefan4life wrote:If you can''t get banned for doing that then you can''t get banned for anything....
Bravo.
Switzerland glorious_
Dragoon
ESO: Revan

Watch out guys!

Post by glorious_ »

man srsly who believes this
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Watch out guys!

Post by Papist »

You have to be a special kind of stupid to buy into this scam.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Watch out guys!

Post by zoom »

I'd say it's a good way to increase the average intelligence of ESO population by .1 IQ. I for one welcome our racist friends!
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Watch out guys!

Post by Goodspeed »

Haha, that is one way of looking at it... Filtering, one who comments on it (much unlike myself) may or may not, but could call it.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Watch out guys!

Post by momuuu »

Well, there are surprisingly enough always people who fall for stuff like that.

I mean, advertising companies aren't going to waste money on advertisements of neighbours that want sex with me if there aren't any people that click on it or buy it. And the african spammers that send you these scamming emails aren't doing that all day long without ever getting anything out of it. There's probably a pretty decent percentage of people buying those things. Else nobody would even bother trying it.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Watch out guys!

Post by Goodspeed »

Bro, I'd get into it now. Following the steam sales, that deep web AoE3 account black market is going to pick up. Invest while you can boys, you heard it here first.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Watch out guys!

Post by momuuu »

calmyourtits wrote:Bro, I''d get into it now. Following the steam sales, that deep web AoE3 account black market is going to pick up. Invest while you can boys, you heard it here first.
Doesn''t the steamsale mean that it is less profitable to steal accounts (saturated market), resulting in a lower reward while the risk stays about the same.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Watch out guys!

Post by Goodspeed »

Sure, in the short term. But who are you kidding about the risk? Ain't no admins out there banning people
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Watch out guys!

Post by gibson »

jerom wrote:Well, there are surprisingly enough always people who fall for stuff like that.

I mean, advertising companies aren''t going to waste money on advertisements of neighbours that want sex with me if there aren''t any people that click on it or buy it. And the african spammers that send you these scamming emails aren''t doing that all day long without ever getting anything out of it. There''s probably a pretty decent percentage of people buying those things. Else nobody would even bother trying it.
I think I saw something somewhere that it is primarily elderly people who fall for scams like that, which probably isn''t the primary population of eso.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Watch out guys!

Post by momuuu »

gibson wrote:
jerom wrote:Well, there are surprisingly enough always people who fall for stuff like that.

I mean, advertising companies arent going to waste money on advertisements of neighbours that want sex with me if there arent any people that click on it or buy it. And the african spammers that send you these scamming emails arent doing that all day long without ever getting anything out of it. Theres probably a pretty decent percentage of people buying those things. Else nobody would even bother trying it.
I think I saw something somewhere that it is primarily elderly people who fall for scams like that, which probably isnt the primary population of eso.
Yeah. There were some advertising folks calling my grandparents (they were like 90 or something back then) and my dementing grandpa would just agree with whatever stuff they were saying (which he didnt understand anyways). They literally looked for phonenumbers of people living in those retirement homes.. I mean, they are just scamming those poor confused old people on purpose. Theyre actually seeking them out even.
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Watch out guys!

Post by _H2O »

He claims u can win new civs new maps which takes advantage of people who are naive and abuses the hard work a team put into the NE.

If you do win he OOS's the game (I confirmed that myself).

I can't confirm he tries to steal ur PW information but he did messgae me after OOS pretending to be confused.

The only reason this thread stays open instead of others is because this is a person we believe should be avoided. And that he lowers the experience of new players.
No Flag aoefan4life
Lancer

Watch out guys!

Post by aoefan4life »

h2o wrote:He claims u can win new civs new maps which takes advantage of people who are naive and abuses the hard work a team put into the NE.

If you do win he OOS''s the game (I confirmed that myself).

I can''t confirm he tries to steal ur PW information but he did messgae me after OOS pretending to be confused.

The only reason this thread stays open instead of others is because this is a person we believe should be avoided. And that he lowers the experience of new players.
Exactly. A BRAND new player that comes onto this game would be vulnerable to this. You don''t have many people pretending to be Microsoft admins which would make him more believable.
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Watch out guys!

Post by Papist »

What's that old saying? Is it that the only people that fall for scams are scammers at heart?
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Watch out guys!

Post by macacoalbino »

jerom wrote:
gibson wrote:I think I saw something somewhere that it is primarily elderly people who fall for scams like that, which probably isnt the primary population of eso.
Yeah. There were some advertising folks calling my grandparents (they were like 90 or something back then) and my dementing grandpa would just agree with whatever stuff they were saying (which he didnt understand anyways). They literally looked for phonenumbers of people living in those retirement homes.. I mean, they are just scamming those poor confused old people on purpose. Theyre actually seeking them out even.

This reminds me of Better Call Saul

Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Watch out guys!

Post by princeofkabul »

Not maybe New players fall for this, but young kids might.
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
No Flag aoefan4life
Lancer

Watch out guys!

Post by aoefan4life »

princeofkabul wrote:Not maybe New players fall for this, but young kids might.
It sounds ridiculous to people who have been around. We all know Microsoft doesn''t do shit for the AOE3 community other than hire ryzon to keep up the servers. I can''t remember the last time I''ve actually seen an admin on ESO lol
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Watch out guys!

Post by Papist »

aoefan4life wrote:
It sounds ridiculous to people who have been around. We all know Microsoft doesnt do shit for the AOE3 community other than hire ryzon to keep up the servers. I cant remember the last time Ive actually seen an admin on ESO lol

The only MS employee I have ever seen is IamPREZSTEVE and that was in March. They are far more invested in their remakes (I.e. The sinking ships) than this game.
France benj89
Howdah

Watch out guys!

Post by benj89 »

ryzon is actually also paid to "reinforce" the community and take care of ESO accounts (ie ban cheaters), but according to the few times I checked his twitter he rather play COD. sad
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Watch out guys!

Post by Papist »

benj89 wrote:ryzon is actually also paid to "reinforce" the community and take care of ESO accounts (ie ban cheaters), but according to the few times I checked his twitter he rather play COD. sad

Sounds like a cushy job. He gets paid for work he doesn''t actually do. Then again, that seems to be what half of ALL high level tech workers do.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Watch out guys!

Post by momuuu »

aoefan4life wrote:
It sounds ridiculous to people who have been around. We all know Microsoft doesnt do shit for the AOE3 community other than hire ryzon to keep up the servers. I cant remember the last time Ive actually seen an admin on ESO lol
Its general knowledge to not give your password to anyone though. But I guess if you are younger you might not know that yet.
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah
ESO: ivanelterrible

Watch out guys!

Post by Good ol Ivan »

benj89 wrote:ryzon is actually also paid to "reinforce" the community and take care of ESO accounts (ie ban cheaters), but according to the few times I checked his twitter he rather play COD. sad
:hihihi:
lel
No Flag aoefan4life
Lancer

Watch out guys!

Post by aoefan4life »

jerom wrote:
aoefan4life wrote:It sounds ridiculous to people who have been around. We all know Microsoft doesnt do shit for the AOE3 community other than hire ryzon to keep up the servers. I cant remember the last time Ive actually seen an admin on ESO lol
Its general knowledge to not give your password to anyone though. But I guess if you are younger you might not know that yet.
You would be surprised by the power of persuasion. Listen to the first part of this prank call and youll see what I mean lol... [video src="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8kWcggio5A"][/video]