10.000 new accounts made in 1 week!

No Flag edehollandsbrother
Musketeer

Post by edehollandsbrother »

crjensen4 wrote:Well I purchased a steam account - and can''t get it to work. I am not prompted to make a new nick - and am asked to log onto tad using my old nick. Yea it finally happened - new stuff I can''t figure out.....
Oh and this is the second time I have purchased a steam account.... And same issue.....
I think you just select ''make new account'' on the eso login screen and enter your new cd key or something.
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

crjensen4 wrote:Well I purchased a steam account - and can''t get it to work. I am not prompted to make a new nick - and am asked to log onto tad using my old nick. Yea it finally happened - new stuff I can''t figure out.....
Oh and this is the second time I have purchased a steam account.... And same issue.....
Make sure you are not using AoE3 with the old CD key. Accounts are created and linked by CD key.
Denmark crjensen4
Dragoon
Donator 07
ESO: crjensen4

Post by crjensen4 »

So I should uninstall first? And then run steam?
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

probably, tho that will reset your settings and hotkeys.
I do not know what was your original game, but from steam, it is the complete collection, which launches differently and is a different "game" than the 3 expansions combined.
Denmark crjensen4
Dragoon
Donator 07

Post by crjensen4 »

Ok. I have the complete expansion pack on CDs and that's what I have been running.
Oh well - 5 bux lost
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

Post by MCJim »

You can also install it on a different PC. Make your new account there and login on your main PC.
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
Denmark crjensen4
Dragoon
Donator 07

Post by crjensen4 »

Thanks - i might try that :)
No Flag aoefan4life
Lancer

Post by aoefan4life »

venividivici wrote:Yes I have one account and i only use this 1 account throughout my entire aoe. Its also the reason why it has a lot of games on it while most others have it spread throughout (resetted) accounts. I dont like smurfs, i never will. I dont need more accounts either, just stick to one, rank it up as you want, use that to make a name for yourself and you can practise all you want anyway including unrated obs or w.e. Samwise12 also good example
I''ve heard from other sources this simply isn''t true but they also failed to show me any proof that you smurf. Therefore I rule that you''re NOT guilty of smurfing!
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

This is how I made my smurf:
1. First you need to remove your old CD-key from your system. Run this registry script appropriate for your OS, found here: http://www.eso.com/101.aspx
2. Run vanilla AoE3 (must not be any expansion)
3. You should be asked for a CD-key now. Enter your new CD-key (you can find it on steam in Game library ->' select Aoe3 ->' select details on top right ->' select CD-key on the right)
4. Vanilla AoE3 should start now as normal if you typed the key correctly.
5. Connect to ESO, choose Create New Account, fill it and you''re done.
6. Now you can use both accounts freely.

Did this just yesterday, so I''m pretty sure it works. No reinstall/reboots are needed.
momuuu wrote: ↑theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

I think that if you reinstall it but dont "delete saved games" that the hotkey preferences will stay.
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

Yep
Denmark crjensen4
Dragoon
Donator 07

Post by crjensen4 »

eaglemut wrote:
crjensen4 wrote:Well I purchased a steam account - and cant get it to work. I am not prompted to make a new nick - and am asked to log onto tad using my old nick. Yea it finally happened - new stuff I cant figure out.....
This is how I made my smurf:
1. First you need to remove your old CD-key from your system. Run this registry script appropriate for your OS, found here:?http://www.eso.com/101.aspx
2. Run vanilla AoE3 (must not be any expansion)
3. You should be asked for a CD-key now. Enter your new CD-key (you can find it on steam in Game library -> select Aoe3 -> select details on top right -> select CD-key on the right)
4. Vanilla AoE3 should start now as normal if you typed the key correctly.
5. Connect to ESO, choose Create New Account, fill it and youre done.
6. Now you can use both accounts freely.

Did this just yesterday, so Im pretty sure it works. No reinstall/reboots are needed.

Thanks a bunch!!!
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

aoefan4life wrote:
venividivici wrote:Yes I have one account and i only use this 1 account throughout my entire aoe. Its also the reason why it has a lot of games on it while most others have it spread throughout (resetted) accounts. I dont like smurfs, i never will. I dont need more accounts either, just stick to one, rank it up as you want, use that to make a name for yourself and you can practise all you want anyway including unrated obs or w.e. Samwise12 also good example
Ive heard from other sources this simply isnt true but they also failed to show me any proof that you smurf. Therefore I rule that youre NOT guilty of smurfing!
Your justice is much like Marts: Hard but just.
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

aoefan4life wrote:
Ive heard from other sources this simply isnt true but they also failed to show me any proof that you smurf. Therefore I rule that youre NOT guilty of smurfing!

Ye I dont get smurfin at all. Pff
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
United States of America cedarfarms
Dragoon
ESO: Cedar_farms_

Post by cedarfarms »

i actually convinced two of my neibors who played the game on gameranger to commit to buying the game and playing on eso and they did and they like eso 10x more besides the one who cant figure out how to port forward his apple airport extreme router lol but where i am going with this is, there is a very active community on gameranger of both vanilla and TAD players so im curious did anyone advertise the steam sale to gameranger players?
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

^_^
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.