Create a blacklist of (confirmed) cheaters.

Create a blacklist with cheaters?

Yes
89%
No
11%

Total votes: 62

Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

I just got dropped again and I''m honestly sick of it. I''ve suggested a similar blacklist before but never got a real answer back. My idea is to make a blacklist on the forums with a list of cheaters. I don''t want to have a witchhunt, I just want to make people aware of the fact that certain players are cheaters. Of course, there must be evidence (recorded footage of a dropper) which must be submitted to a moderator of the blacklist. It''d also be a good idea to lock the thread so that there won''t be random accusations without any evidence.

Thoughts? If this is well organized and not a total mess, I think it''d be a good idea.

And for those saying "just pest em lol", I mainly play quicksearch because I think you improve more from playing against random people with random ranks on random maps with random civs.
No Flag bhcata
Crossbow

Post by bhcata »

Better add (..) to that list huh. I don't know why they removed my posts? It was clear he cheated. Even he got pr / points on ELO rating with 104 vills made and 104 vills killed. He said he would drop, did drop, messaged me to laugh about it - all of this was screenshot, so why not leave on this forum?

Why is he still in the tournament able to play? Ban him. He's a proven cheater.
No Flag mamapapaisop
Skirmisher

Post by mamapapaisop »

bhcata wrote:Better add (..) to that list huh. I don''t know why they removed my posts? It was clear he cheated. Even he got pr / points on ELO rating with 104 vills made and 104 vills killed. He said he would drop, did drop, messaged me to laugh about it - all of this was screenshot, so why not leave on this forum?

Why is he still in the tournament able to play? Ban him. He''s a proven cheater.

Even if i dont know him.. i dont thibk anyone who plays aoe is stupid enough to cheat in the tourney lol
No Flag bhcata
Crossbow

Post by bhcata »

That's not the point - the point is if you cheat outside of the tourney and it's proven (he was stupid enough to say he'll drop me, drop me, get the ELO, and then message me to take the piss that he dropped me), then they shouldnt be able to play in the tourney.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Have you tried reporting him? Its easier for them to ban people if they say that they are going to drop you, because then it's not possible that it actually was an internet issue.

Anyways, I also suggested this, so obviously I'd agree with the idea. You'd really need overwhelming proof of cheating/drophacking to have someone end up on this list though.
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

Post by MCJim »

It's a good idea in my opinion. But then there will be a bunch of negativity on this site... Keep that in mind.
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

bhcata wrote:Better add .. to that list huh. I don''t know why they removed my posts? It was clear he cheated. Even he got pr / points on ELO rating with 104 vills made and 104 vills killed. He said he would drop, did drop, messaged me to laugh about it - all of this was screenshot, so why not leave on this forum?

Why is he still in the tournament able to play? Ban him. He''s a proven cheater.
This is exactly the type of witchhunting that I want to avoid if there is going to be a blacklist. Record/stream your games so you have evidence that he has done this. Along with the stats page indicating that you should''ve won, this is enough evidence for a blacklist.
United States of America Durokan
Retired Contributor
ESO: Durokan

Post by Durokan »

The mods have stated many times that they do not like this kind of stuff on here. I'm not against said list, but it will bring about much negativity. inb4 locked thread
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

durokan wrote:The mods have stated many times that they do not like this kind of stuff on here.
I''d like a reasoning. With good evidence and positive results, why not?
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

I thought a bit about the negativity argument, and then I remembered that we had something at the N3O clan forum. Didnt really bring any negativity about, and even though that was a slightly different form of community, I think it's rather comparable to this community.
No Flag blackbob68
Skirmisher

Post by blackbob68 »

I agree, good Idea
No Flag bhcata
Crossbow

Post by bhcata »

bramboy wrote:
bhcata wrote:Better add .. to that list huh. I dont know why they removed my posts? It was clear he cheated. Even he got pr / points on ELO rating with 104 vills made and 104 vills killed. He said he would drop, did drop, messaged me to laugh about it - all of this was screenshot, so why not leave on this forum?

Why is he still in the tournament able to play? Ban him. Hes a proven cheater.
This is exactly the type of witchhunting that I want to avoid if there is going to be a blacklist. Record/stream your games so you have evidence that he has done this. Along with the stats page indicating that you shouldve won, this is enough evidence for a blacklist.

Huh? What do you mean? I did have evidence. I screenshot everything and uploaded it here, but for some reason it got deleted? I can see why if its unclear youd protect someone, but this is obvious and proven hacking of the game to get points. Plus go check out elo stats now. Look at this:

http://www.agecommunity.com/stats/GameS ... =en-US&amp'GameID=67c144c3-743b-4122-a188-92c4209d6132&'sFlag=2&'md=ZS_Supremacy

You have everything you need for a blacklist.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

It's in the works

indeed, we've never liked these threads on the boards here mostly because we didn't want to become cheat-buster central. furthermore, there's nothing we could really do about cheaters. however, given the lack of response from microsoft admins, we're going to look into opening a blacklist thread, with the purpose of keeping all of that discussion in that thread
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

incog wrote:It''s in the works

indeed, we''ve never liked these threads on the boards here mostly because we didn''t want to become cheat-buster central. furthermore, there''s nothing we could really do about cheaters. however, given the lack of response from microsoft admins, we''re going to look into opening a blacklist thread, with the purpose of keeping all of that discussion in that thread
Yeah, I think that''s the best solution. In a way you can''t really prevent the threads anyway, so you might aswell guide them to one big thread.
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

I support this assuming that proof is provided in the form of screenshots and videos. If we place people of this list purely on the basis of personal accusations, we risk starting a witch hunt. I suggest that a blacklist thread be closely monitored, and that any unsubstantiated claims be removed immediately.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Post by Marco1698 »

It's a nice idea imo and I want help you giving some names but hope notone wants to lock this because it's too important report these cheaters.
No Flag Einfein
Dragoon

Post by Einfein »

bramboy wrote:I just got dropped again and Im honestly sick of it. Ive suggested a similar blacklist before but never got a real answer back. My idea is to make a blacklist on the forums with a list of cheaters. I dont want to have a witchhunt, I just want to make people aware of the fact that certain players are cheaters. Of course, there must be evidence (recorded footage of a dropper) which must be submitted to a moderator of the blacklist. Itd also be a good idea to lock the thread so that there wont be random accusations without any evidence.

Thoughts? If this is well organized and not a total mess, I think itd be a good idea.

And for those saying "just pest em lol", I mainly play quicksearch because I think you improve more from playing against random people with random ranks on random maps with random civs.

While I can understand your frustration this idea will not work. There are always more smurf accounts each year (strangely coinciding with the steam summer sale). There are enough droppers out there to fill the pages of a dictionary and your pest list doesnt have that kind of room. Yes its unfair and it detracts from your personal game experience, but you need to resist the urge to "punish" these players. They can simply buy new keys and your solution wont have achieved much. When this happens to you just remind yourself why you are part of this community, i.e. to have fun. Pest the person and dive into the next game. If you spend your time trying to identify all of these people you will be playing less and not enjoying yourself.

Do what I do. Pest the player then hop into the next game lobby and green up! Youll be in a new game having fun and you wont need to switch to decaf due to severe heart palpitations.

- Cheers
"He's just got more stuff, and sometimes just having more stuff, despite the fact you have better positioning or better micro just doesn't matter because sometimes when you just got more stuff you just win the game." - ZutaZuta
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

Email I sent to Steve after getting dropped on stream by that obse guy:

Hey Matthew,

Thanks for the heads up. I'll forward this on to BarbarossaBlade.

-Kieffer

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2015 3:42 AM

To: DELETED
Subject: RE: AoM: EE

Hey Steve!

Whats up, hope you are doing well. I am writing on behalf of aoe3 community. There is this pesky drop trick cheater, and I have it on my stream on 6/23/15, http://www.twitch.tv/giveuanxiety/c/6879709

Im not sure if or how you deal with AoE3 at all, but we would appreciate it if you could help us out. Thanks. Also screenshot of another time vs him.

Thanks!

- Matt
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

bhcata wrote:That''s not the point - the point is if you cheat outside of the tourney and it''s proven (he was stupid enough to say he''ll drop me, drop me, get the ELO, and then message me to take the piss that he dropped me), then they shouldnt be able to play in the tourney.
Nice points, I took ''em.

Mmm... that''s good PR!