We want your feedback!

Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Re: We want your feedback!

Post by pecelot »

KINGofOsmane wrote:the one civ tourney could be super interesting as an weekend or one week tourney

clearly :chinese: :japanese:
Australia Timba
Skirmisher
ESO: Timba_

Post by Timba »

I'd like to see a tournament where there are no civ resets. Players will be forced to widen their repertoire of civs which I think is a greater test of skill.
The best moment I've ever seen in AoEIII: youtu.be/LuMcFUjt6zQ?t=12m
Great Britain ListlessSalmon
Skirmisher
ESO: ListlessSalmon

Post by ListlessSalmon »

Timba wrote:I'd like to see a tournament where there are no civ resets. Players will be forced to widen their repertoire of civs which I think is a greater test of skill.

Honestly I (and I'm sure I'm in at most a very small minority here) would prefer to see a tournament without civ rules. Coming from sc2 putting civ rules on even now that the patch tournaments are played on is reasonably balanced has always seemed strange to me. I get that its supposed to increase variety (though its not clear whether this is for viewers or to make it more difficult for players in an attempt to test skill) It would seem interesting (to me anyway) to see what was picked and would benefit those who correctly determined the best civs for each map. And it isn't clear that the overall variety for viewers would be that reduced as people seem to disagree about the best civs and they vary somewhat based on the map anyway.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Timba wrote:I'd like to see a tournament where there are no civ resets. Players will be forced to widen their repertoire of civs which I think is a greater test of skill.

Its one skill, and you cant really compare it. Being very knowledgable and indepth with one civ is not better or worse per se than being a jack of all trades. Someone training very hard to be the best on 100m is not a lesser or better athlete than the guy training for the decathlon. The latter will never be best in any category, but he will be top in all. Its a lil bit different with aoe, but you catch my drift. No civ resets test one kind of skill, no civ rules test another, while the current ruleset is kinda the golden middle
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Probably unpopular but imo the finals should be best of 7.
Anyway I think this has been ESOC's best event yet, despite the overall skill level being rather low. Especially making sure all matches are casted is a big challenge which you managed perfectly. Didn't think it could be done.

I know we've been over this but I and probably around 90% of the community including other big donators would have preferred to see forum bans separated from tournament bans. ESOC has effectively removed Diarouga, a top level player with a lot of potential as a contributor, not only from ESOC but from the game itself which is a sad loss. Over the long term people often change for the better in such cases, just look at Marco, but if you remove their ability to compete you are discouraging them from playing the game and they might just leave for good. We as a community can't afford that. Please consider changing the rules so that the only way to get banned from a tournament is breaking tournament rules or being a known cheater.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

At this point both one-game-one-civ or one-player-one-civ rules would be better than current civ rules.
No civ restriction is also interesting except that players would probably converge to the same civs out of popularity and also there would be again problems with infinite counterpicking (especially with map being more standardized and balance closer).
Image Image Image
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Garja wrote:At this point both one-game-one-civ or one-player-one-civ rules would be better than current civ rules.
No civ restriction is also interesting except that players would probably converge to the same civs out of popularity and also there would be again problems with infinite counterpicking (especially with map being more standardized and balance closer).

I dont even get whats wrong with current civ rules? They're absolutely great?
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Garja wrote:At this point both one-game-one-civ or one-player-one-civ rules would be better than current civ rules.

Id even favour a no reset, to make the games more unpredictable and a higher variety of civs, favours people with a bigger civ pool and rightfully sov
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Why would you need to play 9 different civs to win the tourney... You can be a top player without playing so many civs. Btw people with a bigger civ pool are already favoured, since they have more choice to counterpick and adapt to the maps etc
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

Kaiserklein wrote:Why would you need to play 9 different civs to win the tourney...

You actually need only 5!

Goodspeed wrote:Probably unpopular but imo the finals should be best of 7.

Elaborate, then! :flowers:

Goodspeed wrote:I know we've been over this but I and probably around 90% of the community including other big donators would have preferred to see forum bans separated from tournament bans. ESOC has effectively removed Diarouga, a top level player with a lot of potential as a contributor, not only from ESOC but from the game itself which is a sad loss. Over the long term people often change for the better in such cases, just look at Marco, but if you remove their ability to compete you are discouraging them from playing the game and they might just leave for good. We as a community can't afford that. Please consider changing the rules so that the only way to get banned from a tournament is breaking tournament rules or being a known cheater.

Eh, this topic again. Let's set the record straight — he effectively removed himself. And no, it's not like he shows even a grasp of improvement. Nothing.
I'm pretty sure, though, he would fall into the second category :chinese:

Kaiserklein wrote:Why would you need to play 9 different civs to win the tourney...

Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Well knowing lot of civs is a skill test, just like mastering only one. Current civ rules are ok but they are a compromise because of balance. I think we can push it further now and raise the level of play for both players and viewers advatange.
Image Image Image
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

Diarouga should ne allowed to Play in The next tourney. Maybe just allow him to Play in The upcoming twc tourney. Hes one of The few Players who actually plays them ans its also a semi official tourney because spank You funded it entirely.
Furthermore in every society people who have disobeyed The rules get a chance to comeback into society. Same should ne applied here. If You give him a way back his behaviour will improve
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

lordraphael wrote:Diarouga should ne allowed to Play in The next tourney. Maybe just allow him to Play in The upcoming twc tourney. Hes one of The few Players who actually plays them ans its also a semi official tourney because spank You funded it entirely.
Furthermore in every society people who have disobeyed The rules get a chance to comeback into society. Same should ne applied here. If You give him a way back his behaviour will improve
from a competitive perspective though unless you or Ryan or bsop join diarouga will just rape every one especially since Iro and Aztec are some of his better civs
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

pecelot wrote:

Hazza54321 wrote:Id even favour a no reset, to make the games more unpredictable and a higher variety of civs, favours people with a bigger civ pool and rightfully sov
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Goodspeed wrote:Over the long term people often change for the better in such cases, just look at Marco

:hmm:
momuuu wrote: ↑theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

You could still have first pick and second pick without having a restriction on how many times a civ can be played
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

Kaiserklein wrote:
pecelot wrote:

Hazza54321 wrote:Id even favour a no reset, to make the games more unpredictable and a higher variety of civs, favours people with a bigger civ pool and rightfully sov

Oh, okay, sorry :oops:
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

lordraphael wrote:Diarouga should ne allowed to Play in The next tourney. Maybe just allow him to Play in The upcoming twc tourney. Hes one of The few Players who actually plays them ans its also a semi official tourney because spank You funded it entirely.

He already signed up, and he was never banned forever. Pretty sure if he acts like a normal decent person he wont be banned from the next event.

I still disagree with gs though, you cant separate community and tournament like that, specially since its a community event, and the community was basically split over this. Anyway i already made this case, the "business" team and media team eventually decide
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

pecelot wrote:

The series are too long, there's no way you can keep focus for that long as a player. Iirc this last one took 5 hours and the games were average length. Imagine water play with that. It reduces the quality of games, too, because players get tired.
Mostly I just don't think it's necessary. To find out who the better player is, a best of 7 is plenty.
EAGLEMUT wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:Over the long term people often change for the better in such cases, just look at Marco

Why :hmm: ?
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

umeu wrote:

You could still have first pick and second pick without having a restriction on how many times a civ can be played

Yes, but that I don't see it being much of an improvement over the current system. Pretty much the same level of skills required (if not less) and less variety.
I think it's better to push players toward a way or the other.

As for bo9 I agree it's a bit of overkill. It's one of those cases were more isn't necessarily better. Same for semifinals at bo7. This is particularly true if we opt for different civ rules.
Image Image Image
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Goodspeed wrote:
pecelot wrote:

The series are too long, there's no way you can keep focus for that long as a player. Iirc this last one took 5 hours and the games were average length. Imagine water play with that. It reduces the quality of games, too, because players get tired.
Mostly I just don't think it's necessary. To find out who the better player is, a best of 7 is plenty.
EAGLEMUT wrote:

Because marco didnt change one bit.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

That has not been my experience.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Goodspeed wrote:
pecelot wrote:

EAGLEMUT wrote:

Well people pay to see games. Imo just give the players a 20 minuete or so intermission after 4 games, during which we could either have a showmatch, or talk about/analyze how the series is going so far.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

ovi12 wrote:Well people pay to see games. Imo just give the players a 20 minute or so intermission after 4 games, during which we could either have a show match, or talk about/analyze how the series is going so far.

This is a great idea actually! I would love to see this move forward.

Jerom wrote:Because marco didn't change one bit.

Dude not true at all, he has definitely calmed down. Either way, at least he isn't toxic at me cuz he didn't like what someone said in a twitch chat like u were the last time we played.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Well, he's OOSing games but I'm probably just wrong then