9%

Total votes: 56

Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

Feedback about my casting

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

Hey guys,
I read some comments on a youtube ESOCTV video where I was casting, and some people didn't seem to have enjoyed it at all. I just wanted to have a global opinion about my casting, please be sincere.
If there indeed are some flaws in my casting, I would like to acknowledge them, in order to improve.
(also thanks for the one who wrote this thread for me :P )
shit juice :hmm:
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Re: Feedback about my casting

Post by Ashvin »

I love it :)
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

I really think you have improved since you started. I like that you are eager to cast, and seem to enjoy it. Your knowlegde of the civs is sutable to me - not to heavy on the details only very op players can grasp. Keep on it girl - I like it ;)
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Its great, I really enjoy casting with you, just lack a little knowledge but thats fine if you cast with a higher ranked player.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

If a caster shows up I'm satisfied
Netherlands dietschlander
Lancer

Post by dietschlander »

I like it a lot and you bring a lot of positiveness. Ignore chat, probably fueled by you being a girl. I have flaming urges because of that to.
Compared to native British tongues, you directly notice your kraut German tongue like with our beloved Ede (Dutch). Im sure yr English will improve due to time spend speaking English.

Additional to you being part of main casting teams I propose you to be in background and produce laughter now and then.

ESOC ppl should be thankful having you

Heres a flower :flowers:
and a boat :ship:
Theres going to be a dam, the great dam and we'll let the beavers pay for it - Edeholland 2016
Anyway, nuancing isn't your forte, so I'll agree with you like I would with a 8 year old: violence is bad, don't do hard drugs and stay in school Benj98
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

Why the hell would you send a boat? Is it because she is a girl? You sexist asshole.
Pay more attention to detail.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Gendarme wrote:Why the hell would you send a boat? Is it because she is a girl? You sexist asshole.

Waterlamer detected.
momuuu wrote: ↑theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

I find your casting not bad, but worse than average. This is not due to your English, but the combination of your casting style and your game knowledge. Your casting style is understandably very similar to that of Kaiserklein, critiquing the players a lot - but your knowledge is not enough for this a lot of times, and it gets annoying when you are wrong. Note that Kaiserklein himself receives quite a bit of critique for his casting style although his game knowledge exceeds that of all but a handful of viewers, because a lot of negativity is simply off-putting.

I suggest you focus more on curiosity and excitement. For example "Wow, he sent 700 food! Is he perhaps going for a 10 musk + 5 huss pop timing?" as opposed to "He sent 700 food. This is really bad I think. I don't like this."

With all this said, my own game knowledge is very limited so I might be wrong in that you are wrong a lot of times. However, I still stand by my suggestion because that is generally a preferrable style of casting, I think - even by someone as knowledgeable as Kaiserklein.
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Gendarme wrote:I find your casting not bad, but worse than average. This is not due to your English, but the combination of your casting style and your game knowledge. Your casting style is understandably very similar to that of Kaiserklein, critiquing the players a lot - but your knowledge is not enough for this a lot of times, and it gets annoying when you are wrong. Note that Kaiserklein himself receives quite a bit of critique for his casting style although his game knowledge exceeds that of all but a handful of viewers, because a lot of negativity is simply off-putting.

I suggest you focus more on curiosity and excitement. For example "Wow, he sent 700 food! Is he perhaps going for a 10 musk + 5 huss pop timing?" as opposed to "He sent 700 food. This is really bad I think. I don't like this."

Nothing is worse than fake hyping just for the sake of positivity imo. If a strat is shitty the casters should be able to say it.
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

Lukas_L99 wrote:Nothing is worse than fake hyping just for the sake of positivity imo. If a strat is shitty the casters should be able to say it.

You can express your doubts without being a downer. Just note that a player did something atypical, speculate what his intentions are, weight the pros and cons, and watch how it plays out. That, imo, is what a good caster does; not make a negative comment every time someone deviates from the meta. And this is coming from someone who hates hype-casting.

@QueenOfdestiny I really enjoy your casting, and I agree with those who say it has gotten much better over time. I think the biggest thing you could do to improve would be to speak up more - I notice that you don't say much when you have a co-caster.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Papist wrote:
Lukas_L99 wrote:Nothing is worse than fake hyping just for the sake of positivity imo. If a strat is shitty the casters should be able to say it.

You can express your doubts without being a downer. Just note that a player did something atypical, speculate what his intentions are, weight the pros and cons, and watch how it plays out. That, imo, is what a good caster does; not make a negative comment every time someone deviates from the meta. And this is coming from someone who hates hype-casting.

Well there is a difference between a strat off the meta and just bad things to do, I was talking about the latter.
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

I think you can still underline good things over bad ones. Also the big problem, as gendarme said, is the game knowledge. For example, when I look a cast of chrisie (which perhaps is one of the best caster), I really dislike when he says wrong things about the game. Therefor, I think queen do a good job, because she always try to cast with a better player to help her (a problem is that she struggle when there is no good player to help her then^^).

I voted average because it's good but can be better.
Belgium chrisie
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by chrisie »

It's not because you don't understand my personal chrisie dragon meta that the nonse.... i mean strategies i talk about are wrong!! advanced mill is totally by far the single best card in the game without a doubt, its just that i am the only person to understand this and the meta just randomly happens to counter my OP strats that involve this otherwise broken card ^_^
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

The meta doesn't actually counter Advanced Mill-builds. You just need to realise that Advanced Mill is dependent on Bastion, and since you never research that, your Advanced Mill-build is bound to lose.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Gendarme wrote:I find your casting not bad, but worse than average. This is not due to your English, but the combination of your casting style and your game knowledge. Your casting style is understandably very similar to that of Kaiserklein, critiquing the players a lot - but your knowledge is not enough for this a lot of times, and it gets annoying when you are wrong. Note that Kaiserklein himself receives quite a bit of critique for his casting style although his game knowledge exceeds that of all but a handful of viewers, because a lot of negativity is simply off-putting.

With all this said, my own game knowledge is very limited so I might be wrong in that you are wrong a lot of times. However, I still stand by my suggestion because that is generally a preferrable style of casting, I think - even by someone as knowledgeable as Kaiserklein.

This is interesting, because funnily enough, queen herself told me a while ago that I'm too negative and blame the players too much. Quite ironical in this context.

But blaming players instead of saying "oh this is interesting!" is also part of being serious. Objectively, when you have a good knowledge + you see the whole map as a caster, you can be pretty sure about whatever you're saying. Doesn't mean you're better than the guy playing, just that given what you see and what you know, you can take way better decisions than any player can do in game (the UI is much better than a maphack, after all). So ofc then it's easy to say "this was bad" etc. And imo that's what a "serious cast" is; it's trying to correct the players as though they should play perfectly, because then you can show the viewers what one should theoretically be doing. Bringing some hype is ofc nice, and it's needed for a good cast, but it doesn't really bring as much insight as being critical.

And I remember doing a thread where I asked if I should keep being so serious or try to bring more hype (meaning I would most likely have to sacrifice some more "useful" information for the sake of hyping), where a large majority said they prefer it serious. Then there's ofc a balance to reach between hype and seriousness, but still, "blaming" a bit the players is still a good way to give a good insight imo, which seems to be what is most appreciated by the community.

Then it's probably true that queen's role, as a lower level caster, is bringing hype rather than blaming the players. But honestly I don't remember her blaming the players too much, idk.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer
ESO: HUMMAN

Post by HUMMAN »

Yeah queen is casting not best, but i like her talking in game making jokes etc. i find it sincire. Also i love kaiser style casting it is ultimate teaching tool and illuminating. Best part is Kaiser getting sad when some big mistake happens and his tones changes; itss badd, really bad. He gets really sad :D
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

Plus
Nothing is worse than fake hyping just for the sake of positivity imo. If a strat is shitty the casters should be able to say it.

As always, the right balance is key.
But I still really suggest leaving the judging part to the other caster with more knowledge if you're not sure as Gendarme suggested. Also, there's no shame in getting corrected (for example an unlikely prediction) on stream, in fact it might be even better than just stating things. That way the audience might actually be getting more insight (e.g. WHY is a certain strategy BETTER than another strategy, not just "This is bad"). I can see that work as a casting duo.

But then, I still clicked on the "improve your english" button. I might be very harsh, but as a german the cliche german mistakes hit you twice as hard. It would be really nice if it keeps improving :)
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

chrisie wrote:It's not because you don't understand my personal chrisie dragon meta that the nonse.... i mean strategies i talk about are wrong!! advanced mill is totally by far the single best card in the game without a doubt, its just that i am the only person to understand this and the meta just randomly happens to counter my OP strats that involve this otherwise broken card ^_^

7 Sheep is an underrated card imo. Guaranteed 3BH spam + vill production for maximum cancer.

10/10 Can beat RE Dutch.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

If casting had ranks, you would probably be a Private.
I cant point to one specific thing though :/
[Sith] - Baphomet
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Snuden wrote:If casting had ranks, you would probably be a Private.

If giving feedback had ranks, you would probably be a conscript.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

On the whole negativity thing: Yes it's not an ideal casting style to be overly critical of the players but we should take into account that tournament players in this game are vastly worse than tournament players in other games that we are used to. People may be comparing these casts to your average Starcraft cast, CS:GO cast, LoL cast or whatever, where tournament players play the game professionally and are so good that it's barely possible to be critical of them. Casters are happy to even discover a mistake. It's easy to hype players then. Here, especially the earlier rounds contain many players who are not experts at the game which makes it much more of a challenge to not be critical of them. The casters need to get creative to find a way to hype players, and I don't think we can expect that of them. Some criticism here and there is fine.
That said, perhaps there could be more focus on how a player could still come back, instead of how behind they are.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

Goodspeed wrote:On the whole negativity thing: Yes it's not an ideal casting style to be overly critical of the players but we should take into account that tournament players in this game are vastly worse than tournament players in other games that we are used to. People may be comparing these casts to your average Starcraft cast, CS:GO cast, LoL cast or whatever, where tournament players are so good that it's barely even possible to be overly critical of them. Casters are happy to even discover a mistake. It's easy to hype players when they are all professionals and play the game 10 hours a day. Here, the earlier rounds contain many players who are not that good at the game which makes it much more of a challenge to not be critical of them. The casters need to get creative to still find a way to hype them, and I don't think we can expect that of them.
That said, perhaps there could be more focus on how a player could still come back, instead of how behind they are.

players are not as good as in other games ??? such a hater.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

edeholland wrote:

If giving feedback had ranks, you would probably be a conscript.

And if you had fins, you would probably be a Guppy.
[Sith] - Baphomet
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

Okay if you abel to say smth like this... then give me a good reason to understand!
shit juice :hmm: