Cheaters

Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer
ESO: HUMMAN

Cheaters

Post by HUMMAN »

Altough i did not meet any cheater so far, i see it is a known problem in community. Did anyone try to.talk with cheater guys, i see why it can be fun to cheat but there are many smart people on this forum maybe we can persuade them. I think most cheaters dont feel emphaty towards their openent, like a child who causes damage to someone unaware. Child is easier to manipulate and teach but same.can be done in adults imo. @Papist u said you know some physcology what do you think? Also did anyone mailed microsoft for help?
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Re: Cheaters

Post by deleted_user0 »

i'm quite sure they're aware of the damage they're causing, and that's exactly why its fun to them.
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

It's just sad and simple - theres no official report system and no moderation of aoe3 anymore by official staff. Most cheaters cheat because they know they can get away with it. I wish there was something we could do.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
European Union Asateo
Dragoon
ESO: Asateo

Post by Asateo »

Could microsoft not hand over the cheating moderation to esoc? It would cost them nothing and it is esoc that keeps their game alive...
To see a world in a grain of saind, A heaven in a wild flower
Hold infinity in the palm of you hand, And eternity in an hour
- William Blake, Auguries of Innocence
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

HUMMAN wrote:Altough i did not meet any cheater so far, i see it is a known problem in community. Did anyone try to.talk with cheater guys, i see why it can be fun to cheat but there are many smart people on this forum maybe we can persuade them. I think most cheaters dont feel emphaty towards their openent, like a child who causes damage to someone unaware. Child is easier to manipulate and teach but same.can be done in adults imo. @Papist u said you know some physcology what do you think? Also did anyone mailed microsoft for help?

Different players cheat for different reasons. People who drophack and OOS presumably do so because they care about their online rankings enough to end a game if it looks like they are going to lose. People who use moesbar cheats and the like presumably do it for the entertainment value (it's fun to use cheat units, and/or to watch an opponent rage). Trust me when I say that these players, especially those in the latter group, do not care what others in the community think of them.

No, I don't think cheaters feel empathy towards their opponents, but that's probably true for most players. I know I don't feel any emotional bond to random people I'm playing against, and I don't see that as a problem. It only becomes a problem when it carries over into real life, and I think presuming that would be a bit of a stretch.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

I remember scamming a lot in RuneScape as a kid, and I often felt very bad afterwards - especially when they begged me to give their stuff back which I never did (this was my income source after all). I never stopped scamming until banned. One time I scammed the same person three times in a row because he didn't notice what had happened after the first two trades, and I think I actually showed him a bit of mercy due to this - although I am not sure.

My guess is that most cheaters are kids.
Pay more attention to detail.
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

I talked to one, he demanded 65 euros for a simple hack. I took screenshots and pested him.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

Asateo wrote:Could microsoft not hand over the cheating moderation to esoc? It would cost them nothing and it is esoc that keeps their game alive...

they probably could. They could also " hire " one of the ESOC staff members for a symbolic dollar if theres any legal concerns which im not aware of.
But one problem is also that those cheaters know the loophole in steams policy to create infinite eso accounts so banning the accounts wont even be that impactful.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

lordraphael wrote:
Asateo wrote:Could microsoft not hand over the cheating moderation to esoc? It would cost them nothing and it is esoc that keeps their game alive...

they probably could. They could also " hire " one of the ESOC staff members for a symbolic dollar if theres any legal concerns which im not aware of.
But one problem is also that those cheaters know the loophole in steams policy to create infinite eso accounts so banning the accounts wont even be that impactful.

Aside from legal concerns, check out this relevant post from MS Community Manager Plus2Joe:

Gustavus Adolphus wrote:Is this for real? I have been on this support forum for like half a year with no actual contact from anyone who can actually do anything?
Plus2Joe wrote:Yes, it is real. The reasons for the relative lack of support on ESO account issues over the last few years are many and complex... but most users don't care WHY they're not getting support; they (rightly) just want to get their problems solved!

Since the server migration last year, we've received a lot fewer requests for password resets and the like. Since then, we've made additional improvements to our tools and resources (and hired on the amazingly talented @jennywaboom) to allow us to now address an even greater portion of customer issues. We're still unable to help with certain complaints, but we're looking into those problems now as well.

Here he implies they currently don't even have the necessary tools to handle support issues and it's not simply a case of ignoring them.
What I'm getting at is that the something like an "ESO administration software" was developed between 12-17 years ago (and with limited resources I imagine, as is the standard for software not facing clients directly) and may just not be functional at all today, effectively preventing Microsoft from taking action unless it's fixed/reworked.
Turkey LONEWOLF123
Dragoon
ESO: LONE_WOLF123

Post by LONEWOLF123 »

HUMMAN wrote:Altough i did not meet any cheater so far, i see it is a known problem in community. Did anyone try to.talk with cheater guys, i see why it can be fun to cheat but there are many smart people on this forum maybe we can persuade them. I think most cheaters dont feel emphaty towards their openent, like a child who causes damage to someone unaware. Child is easier to manipulate and teach but same.can be done in adults imo. @Papist u said you know some physcology what do you think? Also did anyone mailed microsoft for help?

tried all non of them is working and i talked with them ..>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjD3KsK3apA
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

Gendarme wrote:I remember scamming a lot in RuneScape as a kid, and I often felt very bad afterwards - especially when they begged me to give their stuff back which I never did (this was my income source after all). I never stopped scamming until banned. One time I scammed the same person three times in a row because he didn't notice what had happened after the first two trades, and I think I actually showed him a bit of mercy due to this - although I am not sure.

My guess is that most cheaters are kids.

Some guy was dropping 1 mil in the wilderness and to prove it he gave me 100k so I took the 100k and left.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

lordraphael wrote:

Moderating ESO is overwhelming - why do you think Microsoft' hasn't been doing it?

Basically, you would need a large, full-time team of people to do it. And I don't think you'd be able to find people on the staff or within the community who want to do that much work (unpleasant work at that) for free. As a moderator, I can assure you that it's difficult enough to keep up with what's going on on this forum; I can't even imagine what it's like to manage hundreds/thousands of users on ESO.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

Papist wrote:
lordraphael wrote:

Moderating ESO is overwhelming - why do you think Microsoft' hasn't been doing it?

Basically, you would need a large, full-time team of people to do it. And I don't think you'd be able to find people on the staff or within the community who want to do that much work (unpleasant work at that) for free. As a moderator, I can assure you that it's difficult enough to keep up with what's going on on this forum; I can't even imagine what it's like to manage hundreds/thousands of users on ESO.