How to play France on Carolina?

Turkey Mameluke
Dragoon
ESO: Mameluké

How to play France on Carolina?

Post by Mameluke »

Carolina is possibly the worst map (I cant think of a worse) for France on RE. How would you play France on this specific map? I think stagecoach may be very important for France on this map.

map reminder: Image
If you see any mistakes in my grammar/vocabulary or whatever, please correct me. I really appreciate it :!: :flowers:
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Re: How to play France on Carolina?

Post by Garja »

It is not. In fact it is rather decent for French.
Grab a TP and herd the 2nd hunt in age1 asap. Go for xbow pike rush and add stagecoach later. 2nd mine is always far so by just denying it you get a big advantage. You want spice trade card in deck because you will be on berries for quite a bit.

You can also do the same but with nat rush.
Image Image Image
Turkey Mameluke
Dragoon

Post by Mameluke »

Garja wrote:It is not. In fact it is rather decent for French.
Grab a TP and herd the 2nd hunt in age1 asap. Go for xbow pike rush and add stagecoach later. 2nd min is always far so by just denying it you get a big advantage. You want spice trade card in deck because you will be on berries for quite a bit.

Well I felt so hopeless on that map and also watched stats: On 29-50 pr france has 38% winrate and stats dont lie! But with your strat it could be fine.
If you see any mistakes in my grammar/vocabulary or whatever, please correct me. I really appreciate it :!: :flowers:
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

Garja wrote:2nd hunt
That is very optimistic of you.
Pay more attention to detail.
No Flag ssaraf
Dragoon
ESO: robinhood_xing

Post by ssaraf »

i like how this guy is practicing France and complaining by making a thread about every other map/problem he faces... And we get insights from the community :P
Turkey Mameluke
Dragoon

Post by Mameluke »

ssaraf wrote:i like how this guy is practicing France and complaining by making a thread about every other map/problem he faces... And we get insights from the community :P

Well I am mentioning problems which I face with France to improve and also that their are topics like this where others can benefit from. Carolina is imo not such a "decent" map for France like Garja says (and also the stats are telling the same). Its a water low hunt map, isnt that shit as France? Especially if you face something like Japan? That game was such a pain.
I also play a lot of QS these days and have to face this map soon or later again so I want to know how I need to play there. :)
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

LOL Jp Elo stats LOL
You can ignore water and focus on land, you have 4 TPs, which is decent for France, and bear in mind other civs can be more hunt-dependant (Brits, Ports etc.) or mine-dependant (Ger).
A viable option is to go 3 cavs first to pressure a lot, you can either make additional 10 muskets and age behind or just commit to age 2 with full map control and TPs.
Turkey Mameluke
Dragoon

Post by Mameluke »

pecelot wrote:LOL Jp Elo stats LOL
You can ignore water and focus on land, you have 4 TPs, which is decent for France, and bear in mind other civs can be more hunt-dependant (Brits, Ports etc.) or mine-dependant (Ger).
A viable option is to go 3 cavs first to pressure a lot, you can either make additional 10 muskets and age behind or just commit to age 2 with full map control and TPs.

whats wrong with those stats? (well cheaters distort stats unluckily)
Turkey Mameluke
Dragoon

Post by Mameluke »

@diarougaforever @lordraphael you share same opinion that France is not bad on this map? :hmm:
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Garja wrote:It is not. In fact it is rather decent for French.
Grab a TP and herd the 2nd hunt in age1 asap. Go for xbow pike rush and add stagecoach later. 2nd mine is always far so by just denying it you get a big advantage. You want spice trade card in deck because you will be on berries for quite a bit.

Yup, agreed. Not a great map, but not bad. Specially since you have nat scout and can find the big tres faster maybe. Nat rush can be good depending on mu, but also semi ff is just fine.

I accidentally played this map with fre on nilla a week ago. I didnt have a deck rofl, but still was ok cause i stole his 2nd hunt with cdb fr tres
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Mameluke wrote:
pecelot wrote:LOL Jp Elo stats LOL

whats wrong with those stats? (well cheaters distort stats unluckily)

they don't take skill into account, to be fair, there is a skill range, but still there's only one threshold (PR29) and it's PR, not Elo — that should be enough not to find them credible :?
also:
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10110
might be useful