Re: Rumours of AOE4 closed-alpha/beta

Post by _NiceKING_ »

I made a post about it on the official forums and it was removed :hmm:
No Flag vyshka
Crossbow
ESO: vyshka

Re: AOE4 beta has been released!

Post by vyshka »

NyxAchlys9 wrote:AoE3 still sells more copies than AoE2, and is a more popular game from various sources.

Where are you coming up with this info, or is that a typo and you swapped them?
Brazil borg-
Crossbow
ESO: atlas_peido

Post by borg- »

Its simple, windows 7 2009 - windows 8 2012 - windows 10 2015, so probaly new windows coming in 2018.

Aoe4 will be exclusive to windows 10, so it should come very soon.
It may be that he comes later of DEs, but should not take more than 4 months for each DE, then the more specific date for aoe4 would be october 2018.
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. NyxAchlys9

Post by NyxAchlys9 »

vyshka wrote:
NyxAchlys9 wrote:AoE3 still sells more copies than AoE2, and is a more popular game from various sources.

Steam sells more copies. It's also more downloaded on TPB. Why would I make it up.
No Flag vyshka
Crossbow
ESO: vyshka

Post by vyshka »

NyxAchlys9 wrote:
vyshka wrote:

Steam sells more copies. It's also more downloaded on TPB. Why would I make it up.

https://steamdb.info/app/105450/graphs/

vs

https://steamdb.info/app/221380/graphs/

Twice as many people own AoE2 HD, and it has a larger number of people playing, usually peaking at about 10k during a day, vs 2.5k. Unless there is a huge population outside of Steam playing to make up that difference and for people on voobly that isn't the case. So I was curious where your data came from because it doesn't match what Steam says. If it is true, great the more people playing AoE games the better.
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_
GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

Post by _NiceKING_ »

vyshka wrote:
NyxAchlys9 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

vs

Twice as many people own AoE2 HD, and it has a larger number of people playing, usually peaking at about 10k during a day, vs 2.5k. Unless there is a huge population outside of Steam playing to make up that difference and for people on voobly that isn't the case. So I was curious where your data came from because it doesn't match what Steam says. If it is true, great the more people playing AoE games the better.

Many AoE3 players do not launch Steam to play online because ESO and Steam ain’t connected. Also GameRanger has lots of AoE3 players.
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. NyxAchlys9

Post by NyxAchlys9 »

vyshka wrote:
NyxAchlys9 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

vs

Please note:
1) Player base / Owning the game is not a correlation of sales

2) NiceKing is correct. Many people launch the game outside of Steam. It is also not really a steam game in the sense it was not released on the platform originally.

The records for AoE2 are updated more regularly so there is room for error on both sides. 17Hrs vs 2 months is a large difference and covers the time period of the Definitive Edition and AoE4 announcement.

Perhaps we can agree to disagree here. I don't think there is a definitive answer for both games as Aoe2HD was originally a mod made by fans. Both games have a solid userbase.
Denmark jonasnee
Crossbow
ESO: jose96

Post by jonasnee »

so if i get this right he is saying that it wont be the time periode most people think it would be?

the time periods we have atm are ca 10.000 before our time to around 100 before our time in AOE 1, then AOE 2 is around 600 to around 1500 and AOE 3 is around 1450 to 1876 (culmination of the sioux rebellion that the last chapter in black family ends in).

now most people think the game will either be around the later part of AOE 2 (so 1100 to 1600 i guess) or post AOE 3 scramble for africa to world war 1 kind of thing.

if it is neither then there is really only 1 logical time period and that would be the roman high point to the early darkages, so like 100 BCE to 700 AD or something like it, it is a period AOE misses quite badly. i actually think this periode would be somewhat interesting to be in, the earliest explosives are invented here, the crossbow is invented (or at the very least adopted militarily) and the civilizations in this period became the largest they had been since the late bronze age. also to note is that AOE 1 laggs a lot of cultures/civs that the game probably should have had like gauls etc.

about the other stuff i really hope we don't go back to reseed your farm for 2 hours simulator.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I don't even understand how players can play a game with the reseed mechanic.
Spain yoqpasa
Lancer
ESO: yoqpasa

Post by yoqpasa »

borg- wrote:Its simple, windows 7 2009 - windows 8 2012 - windows 10 2015, so probaly new windows coming in 2018.

Aoe4 will be exclusive to windows 10, so it should come very soon.
It may be that he comes later of DEs, but should not take more than 4 months for each DE, then the more specific date for aoe4 would be october 2018.

Makes sense :o

Italy dracula1984
Crossbow

Post by dracula1984 »

hleung wrote:The following is the translation of the OP in an AOE2 forum. Note: Keep in mind that these are rumours/leaks only! Nothing has been confirmed or backed by any solid evidence
[spoiler=spoiler]Original post by A (posted on the 19th of September at 2.56pm GMT):

Although I feel like such design will result in losing support from the veterans, this might actually be a line of thought. The micro-management of traditional RTS games is much more demanding than that of the MOBA genre, hence giving a very difficult time to new players to learn the basics. It might be essential to lower the need for micro-management.

The replies as follows:

A: Alright. Just another few hours and I could play the closed alpha/beta of Age of Empires 4, and I am looking forward to seeing how it looks like.

B: Replying to A: AOE4? Shouldn’t it be Age of Empires 1 Definitive Edition instead?

C : Replying to A: Shouldn’t Age of Empires 4 still be in pre-alpha planning? What you are playing now might be Age of Empires 1 Definitive Edition.

A: Replying to B: Yes, it is Age of Empires 4. Haven’t played much Age of Empires 1

A: Replying to C : I don’t know since I don’t play much Age of Empires 1

C : Replying to A: Has Age of Empires 4 reached the stage of closed alpha/beta already? How could it be so soon?

A: (random emote)

A: Replying to C : But it might take another while before it is released.

C : Replying to A: I understand now. Thanks man (literally ‘boss’). Would you mind (or be able to) telling us which era would the game be in?

A: Replying to C : Almost all people made the wrong guess.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=spoiler]Another post made by someone on the same day at 11.25pm GMT:

Some of those (‘decisions on features/mechanics’, I guess) are largely based on the balance between realism and playability.

The replies as follows:

D: Nice to meet you. I watched the trailer of (Age of Empires 1) Definitive Edition, and there was a scene where the camera zoomed out from up close to far away (as shown in the screenshot by the first comment), showing that the screen could fit in more units in HD graphics! Extremely spectacular! I hope the fourth generation (Age of Empires 4) is going to have a larger scale for camera zoom, not only will it give people a grander experience, it will also allow the ratios of ranges of different types of unit to be overall closer to real-world values. The first and second generation (Age of Empires 1 and 2) did not have to take such thing into consideration as the era of cold weapons was dominated by close combat.

A: Reply: After trying out the alpha/beta version of Age of Empires 4 today, a few of us, including E and F, would like to point out that the game features which many of you have been worrying about are not going to happen (be in the game). Everyone was very satisfied with (today’s) experience. Then we went to a bar/pub and have been drinking until now, which is already after midnight.[/spoiler]
Let us continue our discussion! :flowers:

Edit: The OP in this thread has been removed as per request by the original author, and is now replaced with a translated version with names hidden as per request.

Those are the only comments on aoe4? Are there other infos?
Great Britain hleung
Retired Contributor
ESO: hleung / cll (DE)

Post by hleung »

dracula1984 wrote:Those are the only comments on aoe4? Are there other infos?

As far as I am aware of, not much information is out there as of now - I am sure there were some other posts, but some of them have already disappeared, or have been taken down by requests. :sad:
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

deleted_user wrote:I don't even understand how players can play a game with the reseed mechanic.

IMO its a nice feature just raises the skill gap and in late game you can automate it
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Italy dracula1984
Crossbow

Post by dracula1984 »

hleung wrote:
dracula1984 wrote:Those are the only comments on aoe4? Are there other infos?

As far as I am aware of, not much information is out there as of now - I am sure there were some other posts, but some of them have already disappeared, or have been taken down by requests. :sad:

Maybe someone on this forum has saved them. If this game is under development since 6 months (zeroempires said something about that) ago why we don't know nothing?
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

He said he had known for 6 months before Gamescom, doesn't mean Relic was already working on it.
Great Britain hleung
Retired Contributor

Post by hleung »

dracula1984 wrote:Maybe someone on this forum has saved them. If this game is under development since 6 months (zeroempires said something about that) ago why we don't know nothing?

6 months of development isn't really that long at all, especially in the early stage for a decent game title, the progress is usually very slow - it is already good to hear that there is at least something happening, although they are just some unconfirmed rumours. You can always go to other forums and search for hints though, but I doubt you can get anything solid at this point.
Italy dracula1984
Crossbow

Post by dracula1984 »

^_^
pecelot wrote:He said he had known for 6 months before Gamescom, doesn't mean Relic was already working on it.

True. But we know what period will be covered at least? No and it sounds too strange to me
Italy dracula1984
Crossbow

Post by dracula1984 »

hleung wrote:
dracula1984 wrote:Maybe someone on this forum has saved them. If this game is under development since 6 months (zeroempires said something about that) ago why we don't know nothing?

6 months of development isn't really that long at all, especially in the early stage for a decent game title, the progress is usually very slow - it is already good to hear that there is at least something happening, although they are just some unconfirmed rumours. You can always go to other forums and search for hints though, but I doubt you can get anything solid at this point.

I'm actually following reddit aoe4 and age community. However there are not informations or clues. Only speculations. I'm pretty sure there's someone on this topic who knows more.
Great Britain hleung
Retired Contributor

Post by hleung »

dracula1984 wrote:I'm actually following reddit aoe4 and age community. However there are not informations or clues. Only speculations. I'm pretty sure there's someone on this topic who knows more.

Information/Rumours about the game during its development is really limited - that happens for most of the games out there, and it is actually understandable as things can change quite a bit before its release, and most developers will rather avoid saying/promising too much if at all. If you want to know more before its release, you probably need to go and ask a developer yourself, I am afraid. :flowers:
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

dracula1984 wrote:^_^
pecelot wrote:He said he had known for 6 months before Gamescom, doesn't mean Relic was already working on it.

True. But we know what period will be covered at least? No and it sounds too strange to me

No, we do not.
Everything everyone knows is shared equally, the go-to place for information, trailers, leaks etc. is definitely the AoE4 sub-reddit.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

The guy who knew about the announcement 6 months before it happened appeared on stream and says he has decedent inclination to believe it won't be present day/future which means it could be any host of time periods before then.
Italy dracula1984
Crossbow

Post by dracula1984 »

deleted_user wrote:The guy who knew about the announcement 6 months before it happened appeared on stream and says he has decedent inclination to believe it won't be present day/future which means it could be any host of time periods before then.

Are you referring to zeroempires, right?
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

Yes, he said exactly that he didn't believe that the game would be modern, however you understand it.
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

Source your claims!
United States of America AOE3_Returner
Musketeer
ESO: offline

Post by AOE3_Returner »

One of those things that we all should forget about for a while so the wait is less painful.
SirCallen - Wait I already knew you were a troll why did I put any effort in replying to this thread.. WHAT A NICE GUY