Old player planning on getting back into AoE3

Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

papist wrote:
lordofbritian wrote:I guess I have not given TAD much of a chance but it was too many changed I did not like,
Aside from the Thoroughbreds card for France, I have yet to find one modified feature in TAD that I did prefer to its Vanilla counterpart.

TPs being 50w cheaper really benefits France. They are also a top treaty civ because of Fur Trade.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

h2o wrote:Vanilla is just like aoe3 left behind. All the improvements to balance and the depth of the game just got paused in vanilla. It''s really a horrible low skill game :/. Which is maybe part of the problem with aoe3 not being so popular.
Which really makes me sad because having TAD with no Asian civs is my dream :D
No Flag lordofbritian
Crossbow

Post by lordofbritian »

Well I will see you all on the TAD front now, I'm assuming everyone name here is their online name too?
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

You assume wisely, sir!
United States of America sc
Dragoon
ESO: _ZOMBIE_

Post by sc »

bramboy wrote:
papist wrote:Aside from the Thoroughbreds card for France, I have yet to find one modified feature in TAD that I did prefer to its Vanilla counterpart.
TPs being 50w cheaper really benefits France. They are also a top treaty civ because of Fur Trade.

Fur trade is nice, but its only 1 of like 10 things that make France dope. PS. dont play france in TR
VIRTZN and CM1993 are my friends and they never cheat. everyone should add them. kappa
Portugal sergyou
Lancer

Post by sergyou »

sc wrote:
bramboy wrote:TPs being 50w cheaper really benefits France. They are also a top treaty civ because of Fur Trade.
Fur trade is nice, but its only 1 of like 10 things that make France dope. PS. dont play france in TR

brendan ?
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

pecelot wrote:
h2o wrote:Vanilla is just like aoe3 left behind. All the improvements to balance and the depth of the game just got paused in vanilla. Its really a horrible low skill game :/. Which is maybe part of the problem with aoe3 not being so popular.
Which really makes me sad because having TAD with no Asian civs is my dream :D

Youve converted to Veni religion. Damn its spredding like a fire.
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

princeofkabul wrote:
pecelot wrote:Which really makes me sad because having TAD with no Asian civs is my dream :D

Youve converted to Veni religion. Damn its spredding like a fire.

No Flag Einfein
Dragoon

Post by Einfein »

genoooo wrote:How is the community?
Community seems to have plenty of players, I''m located in the U.S. and usually see about 1,300 people on in the afternoon which drops to about 600 late night. This is on week days, weekends I see more.

Is it still alive after all this time?
Very much alive, this website seems to have pulled a lot of people together by hosting larger tournaments. It seems like the more "pro''s" are on the larger the community is, i.e. more active when a tournament is going in.

How is the balance?
Balance is what you would expect. Iro/Otto are horribly broken, many people won''t play against them. Strong civs include India/Brit/Japan/Sioux etc. Mid tier civs below them have a fighting chance depending on map etc.

It seems reasonable to me as long as you''re not coming back expecting a truly balanced game. It doesn''t receive patches any longer thus it is what it is.

I''m by no means an expert, this is just my personal experience.
"He's just got more stuff, and sometimes just having more stuff, despite the fact you have better positioning or better micro just doesn't matter because sometimes when you just got more stuff you just win the game." - ZutaZuta
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

What are the differences between TWC and TAD? does anyone even play TWC?
Error 404: Signature not found
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

noissance wrote:What are the differences between TWC and TAD? does anyone even play TWC?
Nobody plays twc anymore.
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Post by adderbrain5 »

pecelot wrote:
ovi12 wrote:Abus outrange almost everything else in colonial, and they have 40 SIEGE damage so no unit has any resist vs them.
Covered wagons have xD

nerd XD travois too/ all wagons . And why do I think Vila resist siege
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Post by adderbrain5 »

Look man I'm gonna be the one guy here to be real with you. Aoe3 ain't what it used to be. Na man I'll just come right out and say it... Aoe3 sux hard now... At least compared to what it was. The pro community is super narrowinded . The noobs are all laggers ad drop hackers. Sometimes it's hard to get a game and often everyone is too bitch to play a considered unfair Mu or higher rank all that said its still worth playing because it's still a great game.

Btw Whoever says cav gets too raped by xbow should try to ride a horse with no armor and a hussar uniform and take a xbow bolt to the chest. See what happens. I'm pretty sure just one bolt will take u out of commission. So frankly I really don't see like what is it 20 Xbox shots to kill one un Armored horsemen as that unreasonable
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

adderbrain5 wrote:Look man I''m gonna be the one guy here to be real with you. Aoe3 ain''t what it used to be. Na man I''ll just come right out and say it... Aoe3 sux hard now... At least compared to what it was. The pro community is super narrowinded . The noobs are all laggers ad drop hackers. Sometimes it''s hard to get a game and often everyone is too bitch to play a considered unfair Mu or higher rank all that said its still worth playing because it''s still a great game.

Btw Whoever says cav gets too raped by xbow should try to ride a horse with no armor and a hussar uniform and take a xbow bolt to the chest. See what happens. I''m pretty sure just one bolt will take u out of commission. So frankly I really don''t see like what is it 20 Xbox shots to kill one un Armored horsemen as that unreasonable
That''s our gold medalist right there! Spread more of your flawless wisdom please.
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

princeofkabul wrote:
adderbrain5 wrote:Look man Im gonna be the one guy here to be real with you. Aoe3 aint what it used to be. Na man Ill just come right out and say it... Aoe3 sux hard now... At least compared to what it was. The pro community is super narrowinded . The noobs are all laggers ad drop hackers. Sometimes its hard to get a game and often everyone is too bitch to play a considered unfair Mu or higher rank all that said its still worth playing because its still a great game.

Btw Whoever says cav gets too raped by xbow should try to ride a horse with no armor and a hussar uniform and take a xbow bolt to the chest. See what happens. Im pretty sure just one bolt will take u out of commission. So frankly I really dont see like what is it 20 Xbox shots to kill one un Armored horsemen as that unreasonable
Thats our gold medalist right there! Spread more of your flawless wisdom please.
+1
This iro lamer is insane.
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Post by adderbrain5 »

diarouga wrote:
princeofkabul wrote:Thats our gold medalist right there! Spread more of your flawless wisdom please.
+1
This iro lamer is insane.

you guys are insane tho. Thinking the only way to play the game is with your petty strategies and bullds . But before u run to the moderator you started this one not me
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Post by adderbrain5 »

Also bro u got trolls like this to deal with who have made the game a silly affair with their simpleminded and deathly boring Builds and pushes
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

adderbrain5 wrote:Also bro u got trolls like this to deal with who have made the game a silly affair with their simpleminded and deathly boring Builds and pushes
There''s a difference between testing a strat and realising it isn''t viable and thinking a noob all in is good even after people explains you why it is bad.