British Decks

Canada grizzgolf
Crossbow
ESO: grizzgolf

British Decks

Post by grizzgolf »

Any one have pictures of Pro Players British decks? I need to see what I should have mine set up as.
Canada Warno
Dragoon
Donator 08
ESO: Warno

Re: British Decks

Post by Warno »

Here is a good write up written by the champ:
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=12460

There is a lot of other good write ups in the strategy section, check them out!
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

Here are some : Diarouga is the top brit player of 2017, I am not pro, but I play brit a lot and I think my deck doesn't miss card for most strat, @H2O_ is good with pretty much every civ so I put his deck here (it's quite different from most other deck and may be outdated). Then Jui and @Goodspeed are 2 players that have improved the brit meta in the past, so even though I am not a fan of their style, I need to put them as reference for brit players.
Attachments
jui.PNG
H2O.PNG
Goodspeed.PNG
diarouga.png
bwinner.PNG
India howaboutno1945
Crossbow
ESO: howaboutno1945

Post by howaboutno1945 »

You should look at some of the autumn tournament games.

Semifinals:Mitoe vs Kaiserklein(Brit vs Germany on ESOC IOWA).
3rd Place match:Snoww vs Kaiserklein(Brit vs Sioux on Mendocino).
3rd Place match:Snoww vs Kaiserklein(Brit vs France on Wadmalaw)
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

I like how H2O's deck only has 24 cards. For brits the question really is what to do with the age 3 cards. They're a bit short on good military shipments to be honest. Personally I'd simply consider removing the musk combat and 9 musk cards because musketeers just aren't good enough.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

momuuu wrote:I like how H2O's deck only has 24 cards. For brits the question really is what to do with the age 3 cards. They're a bit short on good military shipments to be honest. Personally I'd simply consider removing the musk combat and 9 musk cards because musketeers just aren't good enough.

What? 10 lbs, 5 huss and 2 falcs are units shipments worth 1000 res, and they're relevant units. 9 musks is worth 900 res, like most unit shipments. 8 lb is only 800 res, which is pretty bad, but not really worse than 7 skirms. The units shipments are fine, if anything the problem could be that they can't ship any shadow-teched units (except falcs). But since you anyway upgrade lbs and huss in most games (or musketeers maybe in some mus), it doesn't matter so much.
In some match ups where brit would go musk + 2 falcs in fortress, I don't think the 9 musks and the musk combat card are bad. Could make 2 separate decks though.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Kaiserklein wrote:
momuuu wrote:I like how H2O's deck only has 24 cards. For brits the question really is what to do with the age 3 cards. They're a bit short on good military shipments to be honest. Personally I'd simply consider removing the musk combat and 9 musk cards because musketeers just aren't good enough.

What? 10 lbs, 5 huss and 2 falcs are units shipments worth 1000 res, and they're relevant units. 9 musks is worth 900 res, like most unit shipments. 8 lb is only 800 res, which is pretty bad, but not really worse than 7 skirms. The units shipments are fine, if anything the problem could be that they can't ship any shadow-teched units (except falcs). But since you anyway upgrade lbs and huss in most games (or musketeers maybe in some mus), it doesn't matter so much.
In some match ups where brit would go musk + 2 falcs in fortress, I don't think the 9 musks and the musk combat card are bad. Could make 2 separate decks though.

Well I am personally a fan of going big on unit shipments so 3 unit shipments feels a bit low, and I really dont like 9 musks. With 8 longbow, you have 4 good ones which is acceptable I suppose but 8 longbows is medium.

I also like 8 vills and jaegers so it gets a bit stacked in the end while youre also low on unit shipments. Thats why I think Id actually cut the musk package for a good chunk of the match ups.
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

brit needs 1k coin in fortress, and doesn't need 4 vills.
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

In theory you'd really need to replace VC if youre not planning to send it. Id argue for land grab actually.
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

momuuu wrote:In theory you'd really need to replace VC if youre not planning to send it. Id argue for land grab actually.

or exotic hardwoods which ain't that good either.
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Age3 rack can be a bit crowded. Must cards to me are 8v 1k wood, 1k gold, 2 falcs, cav combat, refrigeration. After that musk combat, yomen card, 5 huss and 10 lbows. 9 musk to me isn't great unless you plan a specific FF with musk and cannons.
As for colonial age 4v is good in mirror and occasionally in other MUs too. Make sure to have mill up for mirror or alternatively AA card.
Fortress and colonial shouldn't be that much of a question but rather just last 1-2 cards. Alternatives are 2/3 rockets in industrial, manor vill card, virginia company, exotic hardwood. Exotic hardwood > land grab.
Image Image Image
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

princeofkabul wrote:
momuuu wrote:In theory you'd really need to replace VC if youre not planning to send it. Id argue for land grab actually.

or exotic hardwoods which ain't that good either.

Well thats indeed the struggle. In the end, I think land grab can situationally be great if the opportunity arises and exotic hardwood would probably never really be good. But for general purposes having 3v and VC is fine.
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

Interesting that everyone but goodspeed have musk combat in age3, I also dont have this card and dont really se the point in most Mus.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

The point of musk combat is for maxed situations where it's just about raiding as much as possible. Pretty much like jap full ashi play. If you miss musk combat can't really abuse that to the max.
Image Image Image
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

Here you go. :flowers:
the best british deck by the best british player.PNG
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Garja wrote:The point of musk combat is for maxed situations where it's just about raiding as much as possible. Pretty much like jap full ashi play. If you miss musk combat can't really abuse that to the max.

<1% of games get to that point. And even then, the brit deck is super stacked on lategame anyways as most people tend to run royal mint and refrigeration.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

thebritish wrote:Here you go. :flowers:

is that sir callens?
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

Hazza54321 wrote:

is that sir callens?

Callen isnt even good to begin with.
How can that be his deck?
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

In colonial you have 4 unit upgrade cards, but I think you generally only need the musk upgrades (age2 wars) or the cav upgrades (if you plan on competing in ff wars), so thats where you could find space for all the necessary cards too. Ive had games where I had a build order that'd always go age 3 and for those I actually cut the musk upgrades in age 2 in favor of cav ones.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

is it knuschelbars then?
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

momuuu wrote:
Garja wrote:The point of musk combat is for maxed situations where it's just about raiding as much as possible. Pretty much like jap full ashi play. If you miss musk combat can't really abuse that to the max.

<1% of games get to that point. And even then, the brit deck is super stacked on lategame anyways as most people tend to run royal mint and refrigeration.

I'd say a good 10-15% of games reach that point. Basically all games of 25-30 mins. Refrigeration is a must card to me, I can always fit it in the deck. Royal mint is not bad but it is more sacrificable than musk combat. Musk combat is just such an important card for Brits.
Image Image Image
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

Imo fully carded musks can fight cost effectively against basically any unit (except skirms with CIR). You won't get to that point in every game so i don't think that the card is a must have but it is surely a good one.
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

musk combat is either for very late game (age 4 compo is musk/huss/canons for brit) or for the games where you planned to fight age 2, and then decide to up after already sending 2 musk upgrades and with some musk left. In this case you might be interresed in doing more musk. You generally go lb/goons/huss/canons in age 3, but for example vs rod/lancer, you can't use lb and musk are rly good, so...
I still like to keep VC, even though I don't send it very often, just because the opponent will have to scout if that's in deck and he can be confused. I won several games where the opponent told me "I was sure you go VC" after the game.
I think you are right about 4 vils and refrigeration though, I should change my deck for this, bc I only send 4v when I already won almost and refrigeration is a nice late game card overall.
EDIT : Would you rather put 700f like diarouga or cav attackt like H2O and jui instead or 4v in my deck ? I would personnally choose 700f, but that maybe just because diarouga teach me^^
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

600g is for more cav generally so I guess cav HP is useful. 600g is a bit of a weak card imo for brits when they have 4v. 700f can be good sometimes just to keep the spam going. The question should be 700f or 600g, since 4v and cav HP are different and arguably superior cards. I don't see a deck with both 700f and 600g being very good if you miss cav HP.
Image Image Image
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

biggest difference is wood trickle instead of VC, and to me (noob!) that sounds good for the long game. Btw, there are very little differences between the decks. Wonder if it would make much differense :?:
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.