Switzerland bobabu
Lancer

05 Mar 2018, 20:41

Ryzon once decided not to ban campaign civ users since the campaign civs start without a scout and are in general quite weak. I've been using such a campaign civ on the Esoc-Patch and I was called out for cheating. Are they accepted? Furthermore, are campaign civs allowed in the tournaments?
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

05 Mar 2018, 21:24

It would be nice if you told people you were doing so. apperantly the campaign japan is really strong.

"When life give you incompetence, participate in the betting" - Jerom, winner of autumn betting, 2016
"but wer eyiu playig a gainst someone as magnificent as jerom? thats wha ti thogutb jerom is a beaaitful human being"- Mr_Bramboy
Canada Mitoe
ESOC Media Team
EWTDonator 03
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger Id: 346407

05 Mar 2018, 21:27

They would not be allowed in tournaments, but I don't think anyone should really care if you use them outside of tournaments. Playing any campaign civilization puts yourself at a severe disadvantage.
Kiribati SirCallen
Gendarme

05 Mar 2018, 21:28

Mitoe wrote:They would not be allowed in tournaments, but I don't think anyone should really care if you use them outside of tournaments. Playing any campaign civilization puts yourself at a severe disadvantage.

That's enough reason for me to care.
"The desire for intimacy has biological roots and, in the great majority of people, persists from birth until death."
Canada Mitoe
ESOC Media Team
EWTDonator 03
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger Id: 346407

05 Mar 2018, 21:41

:hmm:
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

05 Mar 2018, 22:17

do campaign civs have less cards?
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

06 Mar 2018, 12:56

horse artilery in age2 is totally legit and fair :hmm:
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 02

06 Mar 2018, 13:24

lol
Greece tedere12
Jaeger
ESO: Tedere12
Game: AoE Online
GameRanger Id: 4253320

06 Mar 2018, 13:31

They have no explorers
France Kaiserklein
Gendarme
EWT - Playoff
GameRanger Id: 5529322

06 Mar 2018, 13:51

The question is, can you only use campaign civ, or can you actually use any other civ created by a random guy, like augustiello advertises? Because if you can only use real campaign civs, I guess it's alright since they suck (I think). But if you can just use any civ made by anyone, then it's definitely cheating since you could create a super OP civ and call it "USA" with the USA flag and no one would realize it.
My YouTube channel

LoOk_tOm: I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..

Switzerland bobabu
Lancer

06 Mar 2018, 14:11

lemmings121 wrote:horse artilery in age2 is totally legit and fair :hmm:

It's true that you can get a horse artillery in the second age through the consulate. However, the export card doesn't exist. Other cards are missing aswell. And you have no scouts.
Switzerland bobabu
Lancer

06 Mar 2018, 14:28

Kaiserklein wrote:The question is, can you only use campaign civ, or can you actually use any other civ created by a random guy, like augustiello advertises? Because if you can only use real campaign civs, I guess it's alright since they suck (I think). But if you can just use any civ made by anyone, then it's definitely cheating since you could create a super OP civ and call it "USA" with the USA flag and no one would realize it.

I've never heard of that. Should cause a mismatch though.
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 02

06 Mar 2018, 14:31

It's cheating regardless.
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

06 Mar 2018, 14:58

bobabu wrote:
lemmings121 wrote:horse artilery in age2 is totally legit and fair :hmm:

It's true that you can get a horse artillery in the second age through the consulate. However, the export card doesn't exist. Other cards are missing aswell. And you have no scouts.

not saying its op, just... unindended for the game.

If the civs arent avaiable to be created and played by everyone (withouth exploits/tricks) then they shoulndt be used in rated/tournament games.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 04
ESO: EAGLEMUT

06 Mar 2018, 16:04

Kaiserklein wrote:The question is, can you only use campaign civ, or can you actually use any other civ created by a random guy, like augustiello advertises? Because if you can only use real campaign civs, I guess it's alright since they suck (I think). But if you can just use any civ made by anyone, then it's definitely cheating since you could create a super OP civ and call it "USA" with the USA flag and no one would realize it.

You cannot simply enter a room with a custom modified civ, such changes to the game files would cause a CRC mismatch. Campaign civs work as they are technically available in the game for all players, just not regularly selectable.
momuuu wrote:theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Spain NekoBerk
Lancer
ESO: NekoBerk

06 Mar 2018, 16:09

I knew a guy who was using the revolution deck (without revol ofc) instead of the normal deck.
"That's why we sing for these kids who don't have a thing
Except for a dream and a fuckin' rap magazine " - Eminem

"And we hate po-po
Wanna kill us dead in the street fo sho' " - Kendrick Lamar
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

06 Mar 2018, 16:57

NekoBerk wrote:I knew a guy who was using the revolution deck (without revol ofc) instead of the normal deck.

Afaik you can do that in gameranger but not on ESO.

Forum Info

Return to “General”