Making Gameranger Great Again!

Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger
ESO: ModernDayWarri0r

Making Gameranger Great Again!

Post by sirmusket »

Hi All,
As most of you are aware right now, the ESO Servers have been down for some time, and lately ESO has been experiencing some problems with connections and fighting a common enemy, the ddos boy. Thus meaning many of us have returned, or had to go and install Gameranger for the first time. I thought it would be a good idea for us to use this thread to post our Gameranger ID numbers here, so that people can know if their friends are online etc. This can be found simply by right clicking on your name in Gameranger and clicking 'Show Info', then a small box will pop up showing some info, look for the 'Account:' thingo and you should have your GR ID there. I know most of us probably prefer ESO and some of us won't even consider GR but for the case of 'Fucks Sake Friday' events and stuff, or if people want to use Gameranger just to play on the regular, I thought this could help. :chinese:
I'll start us off I guess, Mine is 6135835
To add people using there ID you just click on the small person with a + icon middle bottom. And you past the number into the Account ID section.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Re: Making Gameranger Great Again!

Post by deleted_user »

I uninstalled that shit fest of a platform today after playing some games on it.

I will play AoE on ESO or not at all.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

agreed, if eso is down for good I'm done with aoe3
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger
ESO: ModernDayWarri0r

Post by sirmusket »

gibson wrote:agreed, if eso is down for good I'm done with aoe3

:cry: what about your amazing shtreams :(
Argentina AraGun
Lancer
ESO: AraGun_OP

Post by AraGun »

Can people that actually wanna share GR ID just post here? No need to flame the platform that actually provides stability for a game you play.

Mine is 728576.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

AraGun wrote:Can people that actually wanna share GR ID just post here? No need to flame the platform that actually provides stability for a game you play.

Mine is 728576.

Well the site is called ESO Community after all, http://gr-community.net/ is up for grabs if you want it :biggrin:

Anyways, my ID is 4053888
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

Voobly is better than gameranger i think.
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

deleted_user wrote:I uninstalled that shit fest of a platform today after playing some games on it.

I love how rankings in gr is just what people write in the room name, like "med, pro.."

some time ago I tried gr and had a couple bad games, then in the third try I named the room "pro+++ be good".. I ended up playing vs a guy who built a mill in age1. wtf gr.

havent played there again after that day.
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor
ESO: Butifle

Post by Googol »

lemmings121 wrote:
deleted_user wrote:I uninstalled that shit fest of a platform today after playing some games on it.

I love how rankings in gr is just what people write in the room name, like "med, pro.."

some time ago I tried gr and had a couple bad games, then in the third try I named the room "pro+++ be good".. I ended up playing vs a guy who built a mill in age1. wtf gr.

Mills are good ;) Unlimited food and nothing to worry about your villages being idle ;)
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

Pay more attention to detail.
India Frost Bite
Dragoon
ESO: ContainsCaffeine
GameRanger ID: 3243371

Post by Frost Bite »

lemmings121 wrote:

You have to ask them questions like whts ff , whts fi , whts br .. inorder to filter out noobs..
World War 3 is inevitable, Run for your lives, fools
Germany japanesegeneral
Lancer
ESO: JapaneseGeneral

Post by japanesegeneral »

And how to use the "a" key.
6 petards a day keep the doctor away.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Theres no ranking system so you end up mostly playing the equivalent of conscripts. Like @gibson
Canada DivideNConquer
Crossbow
ESO: DivideNConquer

Post by DivideNConquer »

yea i played 3 games today they all lagged horribly. Really hope they solve this soon
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01

Post by edeholland »

DivideNConquer wrote:yea i played 3 games today they all lagged horribly. Really hope they solve this soon

On ESO or GameRanger?
Canada DivideNConquer
Crossbow
ESO: DivideNConquer

Post by DivideNConquer »

edeholland wrote:
DivideNConquer wrote:yea i played 3 games today they all lagged horribly. Really hope they solve this soon

On ESO or GameRanger?

on Gameranger..
I couldnt join ESO all night it was frustrating. I tried gameranger and instantly regretted it.
Argentina AraGun
Lancer

Post by AraGun »

Well yes I agree voobly is way better, I made a post about moving to voobly like 2 years ago.. and people where considering it. I dont understand how this community is so backward that they insist on using a shitty unstable server. Thats why aoe2 community has survived a flourished way better than aoe3.. There are 5k active players or more on voobly for age 2 and it has great support for fan patched and a ranking system quite superior to anything anyone has ever done for aoe3.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01

Post by edeholland »

I don't think GameRanger is why AoE2 survived better tbh.

The reason I still use ESO is because almost all (new) players use it. If a big group of people decide to use Voobly I would definitely try it out. I have a few games on Voobly and Gameranger, but finding a (good) game took me too long.

How would Voobly work with EP though? And with the ESOC ladder? Who is managing the AoE3 community on Voobly? How is the anti-cheat?
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Gameranger is just super trash. A large majority of players are just really bad, and you can't find the couple decent players because you have no way to check how good they are anyway. Plus the lag is terrible. On top of that you need to leave the lobby to manage homecities, there is no record of the games played (no stats at all), you need to switch slots 10 times before you can start a 1v1 obs with the players in the right order, there's ads everywhere, and the interface is ugly. GR is a choice only when ESO has issues.

I never played on Voobly, but I don't think it's an option anyway. Obviously every new player will start playing online by clicking on "multiplayer" in aoe, and log on ESO. Plus you will never get the whole community to switch to Voobly, most people would always stay on ESO. So basically if we tried to move to Voobly, it would split the community and the part going to Voobly would probably slowly die as there would be basically no new players joining, while the ESO player base would be smaller.
Honestly, if most people don't even do the effort to just play on EP, how would we expect them to start playing on a completely different interface?
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Argentina AraGun
Lancer

Post by AraGun »

Ede read my post nowhere does it say aoe2 survived because of game ranger.. Im talking about voobly here. And yes voobly can support fan patched like EP easily, and yes there is an anti cheat that can be modified by moderators that would work together with voobly staff. No one is managing aoe3 community on voobly, this forum could easily still manage aoe3 community everywhere both voobly game ranger and ESO. Why are you so reluctant to change for a better and more stable server? Why not better offer it as an alternative then, you can say when ESO is down we play on voobly. Im not talking about scraping ESO for good and packing up all your little things in a box and moving to the voobly house.. ESO has been under constant attacks by hackers and was already fragile before this, also there are basically no moderators on the server. Voobly can have own moderators from here that can take action against hackers and such by simply banning their accounts and returning lost ladder points to their victims. It is quite advanced in these matters.
Argentina AraGun
Lancer

Post by AraGun »

Kaiserklein wrote:Gameranger is just super trash. A large majority of players are just really bad, and you can't find the couple decent players because you have no way to check how good they are anyway. Plus the lag is terrible. On top of that you need to leave the lobby to manage homecities, there is no record of the games played (no stats at all), you need to switch slots 10 times before you can start a 1v1 obs with the players in the right order, there's ads everywhere, and the interface is ugly. GR is a choice only when ESO has issues.

I never played on Voobly, but I don't think it's an option anyway. Obviously every new player will start playing online by clicking on "multiplayer" in aoe, and log on ESO. Plus you will never get the whole community to switch to Voobly, most people would always stay on ESO. So basically if we tried to move to Voobly, it would split the community and the part going to Voobly would probably slowly die as there would be basically no new players joining, while the ESO player base would be smaller.
Honestly, if most people don't even do the effort to just play on EP, how would we expect them to start playing on a completely different interface?

Lets face it kaiser.. EP isnt for new players.. dont expect anyone new to ever try it at all.. Im talking about letting people know voobly is an option, I agree game ranger isnt the best.. Im saying the active community can have voobly as an option and know that people play there. No one cares about new players this game is far too dead for that im talking about preserving the active players we have now.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01

Post by edeholland »

AraGun wrote:Ede read my post nowhere does it say aoe2 survived because of game ranger.. Im talking about voobly here. And yes voobly can support fan patched like EP easily, and yes there is an anti cheat that can be modified by moderators that would work together with voobly staff. No one is managing aoe3 community on voobly, this forum could easily still manage aoe3 community everywhere both voobly game ranger and ESO. Why are you so reluctant to change for a better and more stable server? Why not better offer it as an alternative then, you can say when ESO is down we play on voobly. Im not talking about scraping ESO for good and packing up all your little things in a box and moving to the voobly house.. ESO has been under constant attacks by hackers and was already fragile before this, also there are basically no moderators on the server. Voobly can have own moderators from here that can take action against hackers and such by simply banning their accounts and returning lost ladder points to their victims. It is quite advanced in these matters.

I'm sorry, I did indeed mean that I don't think AoE2 survived better because of Voobly.

I am not at all reluctant to change. I literally said I would try it out if there is a large enough group. I just asked some question because I'm interested. Do we know the current AoE3 Voobly moderators?
Argentina AraGun
Lancer

Post by AraGun »

edeholland wrote:
AraGun wrote:Ede read my post nowhere does it say aoe2 survived because of game ranger.. Im talking about voobly here. And yes voobly can support fan patched like EP easily, and yes there is an anti cheat that can be modified by moderators that would work together with voobly staff. No one is managing aoe3 community on voobly, this forum could easily still manage aoe3 community everywhere both voobly game ranger and ESO. Why are you so reluctant to change for a better and more stable server? Why not better offer it as an alternative then, you can say when ESO is down we play on voobly. Im not talking about scraping ESO for good and packing up all your little things in a box and moving to the voobly house.. ESO has been under constant attacks by hackers and was already fragile before this, also there are basically no moderators on the server. Voobly can have own moderators from here that can take action against hackers and such by simply banning their accounts and returning lost ladder points to their victims. It is quite advanced in these matters.

I'm sorry, I did indeed mean that I don't think AoE2 survived better because of Voobly.

I am not at all reluctant to change. I literally said I would try it out if there is a large enough group. I just asked some question because I'm interested. Do we know the current AoE3 Voobly moderators?

Voobly is very flexible to work with communities.. I knew some mods on voobly before. They only ask 1 thing in order for them to give full support, and that is that there are at least a couple hundred active players. If we manage this im pretty sure we could even designate our own moderators for the platform.

Since we are discussing voobly I suggest we move to this topic http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=296610#p296610
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

correct me if i'm wrong, but aoe2 didnt "decide" to move to voobly. oficial server died, so they were forced to.

Imo if we try to move aoe3 to voobly now, we will just split the community since most people will just click "multiplayer" in game at it leads to eso.
But if eso dies, then we should force a transition to voobly.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

how is it going to split the community? You can host a game in voobly and ESO at the same time and if someone joins your ESO room you can start normally.