France iNcog
Ninja

Re: explorer fast shooting

Post by iNcog »

Ah, great, let's talk about how to cheat and break age 1. 10/10
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Switzerland bobabu
Howdah

Post by bobabu »

wardyb1 wrote:Bug abuse is banned in most (read: I don't know of any that don't but I could be wrong) competitive games and often leads to bans/fines etc. if it can be shown that there was intentional bug abuse and not just sheer luck in finding the bug during the game. It for this reason this should also be considered cheating. Drag boxing the make units go faster isn't bug abuse. It's part of the games mechanics, alt+d is cheating and I'm not sure how no pillar walls could be considered cheating either as it is once again not a bug...
Well no. Example "fountain hook"dota
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

bobabu wrote:
wardyb1 wrote:Bug abuse is banned in most (read: I don't know of any that don't but I could be wrong) competitive games and often leads to bans/fines etc. if it can be shown that there was intentional bug abuse and not just sheer luck in finding the bug during the game. It for this reason this should also be considered cheating. Drag boxing the make units go faster isn't bug abuse. It's part of the games mechanics, alt+d is cheating and I'm not sure how no pillar walls could be considered cheating either as it is once again not a bug...
dunno which quote this page is from but @wardyb1 here is a relevant article to the exact contrary, with regards to the fighting game community at least. a very worthy read
Australia wardyb1
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: wardyb1

Post by wardyb1 »

bobabu wrote:
So I wasn't sure what "fountain hook" was, so I've just gone and looked it up. It doesn't sound like it was bug abuse though? Sounds more like intended function, that when used perfectly down to the millisecond just became a really good strategy, except that was it was super hail mary anyway.
“To love the journey is to accept no such end. I have found, through painful experience, that the most important step a person can take is always the next one.”
Australia wardyb1
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: wardyb1

Post by wardyb1 »

Cometk wrote:
bobabu wrote:
dunno which quote this page is from but @wardyb1 here is a relevant article to the exact contrary, with regards to the fighting game community at least. a very worthy read
Interesting read, I disagree with a fair chunk of it though or at least in regards to the situations we are talking about and some of it tends to support my argument. Like most of the bugs we are talking about, have game changing results, are easily identifiable and most don't require any skill to pull off. They also aren't putting the player at risk of making risky plays to try and pull off the bug like the "fountain hook" situation or in fighting games maybe by trying to execute a certain set of moves. You won't lose the game alt-d'ing but you might win it but stealing a treasure or getting a bunch of tp's built. I'm really surprised so many people really support bug abuse in tourney's here.
“To love the journey is to accept no such end. I have found, through painful experience, that the most important step a person can take is always the next one.”