How do I get started with playing AoE III?

Netherlands Abraxas
Crossbow

How do I get started with playing AoE III?

Post by Abraxas »

Hi guys, I´ve played AoE II for many years and I´d like to try AoE III.
I recently came across this community and I´d like to ask you a few tips on how to start playing.
I remember I saw AoE III available in Steam when I purchased AoE II HD, is that where you play the game?
Also saw a few game rooms in Voobly to play but not so many people in them.
About the game itself, where/how do I get it? AoE II is around 17 years old and people pretty much download it for free from the thousands of links in the web. Is it the same with AoE III? I´d really appreciate your guidance. Thanks a lot in advance!
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor
ESO: Butifle

Re: How do I get started with playing AoE III?

Post by Googol »

You could download cracked version on pirate bay for free, I suggest for you to play on ESO instead of Voobly or gameranger. You won’t be able to create an acc from that pirated version tho, but I can give you an account to play on if you need to I have many of them I don’t use anyway. Just PM me if you need it, I’ll be glad to help.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

You can check out this guide from Veni about ESO: viewtopic.php?f=325&t=1161

And there is Interjections channel with some playlists with tips and tricks: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... _AmGLy-OmL
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Cometk wrote:and harcha's hotkey guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ob1iYKiwiho

0:57 Kreygasm

@pecelot like this post
Netherlands Abraxas
Crossbow

Post by Abraxas »

Thanks a lot guys :)
I’ll give it a try. Sign me up for the next time 2 treaty or any other upcoming tournament :)
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

Abraxas wrote:Thanks a lot guys :)
I’ll give it a try. Sign me up for the next time 2 treaty or any other upcoming tournament :)

Hey, I'm sorry to disappoint you but there will no time 2 Treaty tournament in near future :cry:
shit juice :hmm:
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

queenofdestiny wrote:

Hey, I'm sorry to disappoint you but there will no time 2 Treaty tournament in near future :cry:

WHY?!
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

Ashvin wrote:
queenofdestiny wrote:

WHY?!

No money and its just hard to do it
shit juice :hmm:
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

deleted_user wrote:
Cometk wrote:and harcha's hotkey guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ob1iYKiwiho

0:57 Kreygasm

@pecelot like this post

sry that's 600OP4me
Brazil Luciofrancosi
Skirmisher
ESO: luciofrancosi

Post by Luciofrancosi »

About where to play the game, I would recommend it to buy it from steam, you can get age 3 with all expansions, and also that means you can create an account on eso since you can only create one account per purchase and there are thousands of players still active on eso.
For a starting civ I strongly recommend to start with france, since they are the civ that are most similar to old age of empires games, and it will help you to start having a good understanding on how the game works.
I definitely recommend checking interjection's youtube channel for learning resources, also veni vidi vici YouTube channel has a great content, these guys really helped me to improve a lot on my games.
"Supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting"

Sun Tzu - The art of war
Australia WhatUNeed
Crossbow

Post by WhatUNeed »

1. Open the disk tray
2. Click on install
3. Give permission for software to install
4. Follow installation prompts
5. Wait
6. Wait some more
7. Click to launch the game and click to play
Croatia gryphoon94
Skirmisher
ESO: GRYPHOON

Post by gryphoon94 »

WhatUNeed wrote:1. Open the disk tray
2. Click on install
5. Wait
6. Wait some more

Disk tray :hmm:
"I only used Moesbar for 2 years, that's not even long" - SirMusket
Sweden Zutazuta
Howdah
zuta

Post by Zutazuta »

queenofdestiny wrote:
Ashvin wrote:
Show hidden quotes

WHY?!

No money

We can fix that ya know...
Turkey Gafur
Skirmisher
ESO: Gafur

Post by Gafur »

gryphoon94 wrote:
WhatUNeed wrote:1. Open the disk tray
2. Click on install
5. Wait
6. Wait some more

Disk tray :hmm:

He is livin in 2009
mentally healthy
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

Zutazuta wrote:
queenofdestiny wrote:
Show hidden quotes

No money

We can fix that ya know...

dont waste money on treaty
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Anyone interested in funding a treaty tourney can PayPal the OFFICIAL treaty tourney organization simply by using the email [email protected]. 5 digits minimum.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

hey I already donated $50,000 a week ago but still no response??? anyone help???
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

gibson wrote:Anyone interested in funding a treaty tourney can PayPal the OFFICIAL treaty tourney organization simply by using the email [email protected]. 5 digits minimum.

Is that Lukas's mail adress?
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

pecelot wrote:hey I already donated $50,000 a week ago but still no response??? anyone help???
I found a note in T2T discord, it reads: "@QueenOfdestiny has disappeared along with $50k fron bank", maybe it has to do something with you
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Russia Acolyte
Dragoon

Post by Acolyte »

:wood:
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

What can one even say here...
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Acolyte wrote:
lordraphael wrote:
Show hidden quotes

In fact , its the responsibility of ESOC Staff to support fund donation to T2T Tournament , since those poeple are managing this Website, if they would really support in their heart Aoe3 , they would help Rising fund donation. Also, the expert poeple from Supremacy tournament have some kind of responsibility to help support any Kind of Aoe3 Tournament and not thinking of their own selft. That would really be Egoiste.

It show the expert poeple from Supremacy tournament still dont know the definition of contribution support aoe3 community saving the new generation poeple of aoe3 in 2018. For that you poeple deserve to return to nilla. Shame on all of you Champions from Supremacy tournament. As I said before, lots of people still dont learn at this moment. @QueenOfdestiny has made a great job for treaty tournament. you poeple could support her. Im really high disapointed of all ESOC Staffs included all champions from Sup tournament :C

This comment shows that you are clearly uneducated and uninformed on the matter. The ESOC team has never monetarily supported community initiatives. Donations are only spent on seasonal ESOC events or smaller ESOC events. What the staff can offer is a forum subsection, advice, and guidance.

If you are not getting enough donations to fund your events, that means there is not enough demand for treaty events. This has nothing to do with ESOC or the staff, it just means that you're overestimating the vast treaty fanbase. The ESOC staff put forth dozens of hours each week into this website so I'd suggest you stop acting like an entitled child and start looking for solutions. Blitztreaty is looking like an interesting prospect: why don't you innovate further and try to find ways to attract the supremacy community?
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

Acolyte wrote:
lordraphael wrote:
Show hidden quotes

In fact , its the responsibility of ESOC Staff to support fund donation to T2T Tournament
What makes you say that? Are you even aware of ESOC history? Are you even why, and who founded ESOC?

since those poeple are managing this Website, if they would really support in their heart Aoe3 , they would help Rising fund donation.
They do, ESOC lets people use it's resources not just for treaty but even for other games like AOEO tournaments, diplo tournament by Jakey

Also, the expert poeple from Supremacy tournament have some kind of responsibility to help support any Kind of Aoe3 Tournament and not thinking of their own selft. That would really be Egoiste.
Again they do in whatever capacity they can, but you can't really expect a guy who plays 100% supremacy to donate/organize something he has no interest or clue about

It show the expert poeple from Supremacy tournament still dont know the definition of contribution support aoe3 community saving the new generation poeple of aoe3 in 2018.
I don't what you are trying to say here but treaty doesn't need sup to survive neither does sup require treaty

For that you poeple deserve to return to nilla. Shame on all of you Champions from Supremacy tournament. As I said before, lots of people still dont learn at this moment.
Please tell us what to learn? Also stop with attacks on people for reason or no reason.

@QueenOfdestiny has made a great job for treaty tournament. you poeple could support her.
Everyone does support her here, don't you see ZutaZuta is ready to donate(atleast thats what he meant I think), a guy who probably never played treaty and has no interest in watching it either. Everyone has right to make their choices about what to support and what to donate for and there's really nothing wrong or shameful in that.

Im really high disapointed of all ESOC Staffs
I agree I am disappointed as well as to why they haven't reached a consensus about something they should've reached long ago

included all champions from Sup tournament :C
What do you even expect them to do?

My answers are in bold.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:Blitztreaty is looking like an interesting prospect: why don't you innovate further and try to find ways to attract the supremacy community?

Because Im lazy ._.
r]