France flontier
Lancer
Intermediate Division Winner
ESO: Flontier
Clan: PLOP

AOE3 season ?

Post by flontier »

Hey, I don't know if it's realizable but I have an idea to suggest :

For those who see how atp ranking in tennis works, it would be nice to do something similar to make the game a little more "competitive" or simply more interesting.

Create an aoe season and organize one-day tournaments like the last, several times a year and for example a big tournament like esoc tournament to conclude the season. Each tournament would give a certain number of points to players based on their results :
For exemple : winner = 1000 pts, second 600, third 300 etc... ( then for the big tournament, winner : 3000 points, 1800 etc....)

And a ranking system like the tennis atp ranking (go check wiki to see how it works).

This ranking after several tournaments would also allow a much better seed for the players and the following tournaments because it shows much better the level of players in tournament than the current ladder.

Who will be the Roger Federer of AOE3 ?
Germany japanesegeneral
Lancer
ESO: JapaneseGeneral

Re: AOE3 season ?

Post by japanesegeneral »

I don't think it is a good idea. It is quite hard to keep the top level players interested. The money is surely helpful but in the end aoe is not the most important part of their life. As you might have seen it is quite hard to schedule a weekend tourney. With tournaments going on the number and quality aka pr of the average player will sink. I guess it is even an effective way to kill the game.
6 petards a day keep the doctor away.
Great Britain thomasgreen6
Lancer
ESO: Thomasgreen6

Post by thomasgreen6 »

Kickass_OP is already the Roger Federer of AOE3
'I'm gonna win this and I'm just gonna enjoy it' - Tibia 2k18

http://www.Twitch.tv/thomasgreen6
France flontier
Lancer
Intermediate Division Winner
ESO: Flontier
Clan: PLOP

Post by flontier »

Maybe t's quite hard to keep top level players interested but i don't see in what top players would have less interest to play one big tournament with some one-day tournament or 2 bigs esoc tournaments a year.

We need opinion of top players i guess.

From my point of view of an average player who did the last 2 bigs esocs tournement, the real problem of this is : it takes a lot of time if you really want to stay focused
Last tournament take like 3 months ? around 1-2 months practise for the player already seeded :( and your situation can change in this period of time and you can for exemple not have time to finish the tournament (like h2o and other forfeit). It's probably why you will see some top players never play 2 big esoc tournament in a row).
When a one day tournament is really not time-consuming, yea you can have no time for one, but you can participate in the next so it's not frustrating.
It's why i guess this format is a good compromise.

If the ranking as explained is not a good idea, he can just be used to help seed.