emotional support needed

Bhutan jgals
Lancer
ESO: OstiferButthole

emotional support needed

Post by jgals »

Usually when I go on this website it's for strategy and the like, but today, and this whole week in fact I am absolutely fed up with ESO.
perhaps I will use this post more to vent but I really do need answers
When I first got into aoe3 again I noticed that there were a lot of noobs with highish ranks for their skill level. At first I got pretty decent teams and had a lot of winning streaks, but in the last week or two it seems like every single game I play I have some fucking nilla noob who will merc FF with dutch while his team gets rekt, or some idiot who builds hose walls around his TC as british...water booms with no schooners, I could go on. On the rare occasion my team is able to win its an OOS or drop.

So I try to go back to the old solution of playing 1v1, for since I started on ESO i have a pretty flawless 1v1 record. ladder.php?patch=official&mode=1v1&player=jgals

I don't really like to play above my rank though until I advance to 1st I probably wouldnt play 1sts and they are the only ones to host 1v1 games it seems . No one else hosts 1v1 or joins my games! And even if they did some times you just want to play teams

I got on quicksearch but the only way to get a game that way is by setting ur search parameters to max and then you get 1st lt and captains smurfing iro to up their rank.

seems like there is no solution. I get so damb tired of losing and I feel bad because I literally flame the shit out of noobs like "nightd" who has no idea how to play unknown tho he insists on hosting it every game. Today I cussed him out in an inexcusably douchey way for refusing to garrison his vls on mills vs sioux raids.

I seem to recall online poplulation at 3000 just a few years ago, and now the only new players are fucking lagging 5 year olds on gateway 2000s in south america. Has this game finally died? I guess aoe4 is much awaited and needed
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Re: emotional support needed

Post by KINGofOsmane »

unicornio cheats btw (ur last game)
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
Sweden tabben
Lancer
EWTNWC LAN Bronze
ESO: tabben

Post by tabben »

It's very simple: If you don't play above your rank - you won't become above your rank. Break your comfort zone or accept stagnation.

My advice for you: Just host "1v1 unr" and try to figure out the 1st LT:s until you feel confident enough to host "1v1" and then BAM u bash them ez
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

one day I want to be like tabben
Bhutan jgals
Lancer

Post by jgals »

KINGofOsmane wrote:unicornio cheats btw (ur last game)

I seem to recall wondering how he beat me with dutch in 6.5 minutes while I was aztec. LOL
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

If you care about raising your PR the best way is getting good at team IMO, 1v1s on RE are a complete shitshow unless you're only playing people you know.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
Bhutan jgals
Lancer

Post by jgals »

forgrin wrote:If you care about raising your PR the best way is getting good at team IMO, 1v1s on RE are a complete shitshow unless you're only playing people you know.

I feel like I am really good at team, but it's really hard to make sure you get a decent team every time. I've noticed even up to the 2cnd lt level there are a lot of players who realllllllllly suck once they get into a team game. Could just be little brothers on their accounts or idk what.... but man I have been getting so incredibly unlucky in team games the last two weeks just because I stopeed religiously researching every player in the games PR while in the lobby.
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

If you can't carry 1v3 you are not good at team :roll:
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

Yeah, you gotta improve your skill level to get more games, I play around 1/2lt level and I get most of the games, i even play with Captains only to get bashed, i lose yeah but I learn something which makes me stronger against 1lts.

EDIT: oh and if you feel like playing come on discord and ask people, I usually hang around there and can play some games*.

* T&C Applied
United States of America XeeleeFlower
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

Post by XeeleeFlower »

You and I are about the same level. The biggest problem in team games at our level is the smurfing. I feel that nightd is a good example of a player who truly is the level he is. I'm surprised he's hosting unknown. It's usually deccan :roll: and he always goes brit and will mass musks. He can be decent if he's directed in the right way and given a bit of time to boom. I'm kinda the same way. The more toxic my team is, the worse I play. I have streaks where I play much higher than my level, then I have streaks where I play much lower. For me, I don't play a lot so it's like I'm constantly shaking off the rust. I'm also very much a casual player and just play to have fun. Winning is great! But losing can be fun too if the game was good. :smile:

Team games are best played when you know at least one of your teammates and talk with them via discord or whatever. It's easier to communicate things to each other and you can often win the game even if your other teammate(s) suck so bad that they have an obscene amount of military just hanging out in their base while you're fighting the opponents on your own because your friend is going in for a sneaky attack on their side and you've flared and asked for help but get no response. Communication is super important in team games.

I would offer to join you for some team games, but I'm scared of how bad you would flame me since, once again, I haven't played in awhile. :sad:

Don't be nervous to play against 1st lieutenants. Some of them are much worse than their pr says they are. Plus, you can grow as a player by looking at what they're doing, how they're playing differently, their choices, etc. I've learned a lot of things, such as putting my raiding cav into different groups and hitting different areas, scouting with a low cost unit, etc, just by playing with some of them and captains.

An important thing to remember is that it's just a game and you're playing it to have fun. If you aren't enjoying it anymore, then maybe it's not the right game for you. If you're frustrated with multiplayer, just vent with some compstomps. :biggrin: Me and a friend of mine sometimes do some compstomps when we're not feeling up to playing with other people. Play on different maps and see how many expert bots you can handle.
Time is wise and our wounds seem to heal to the rhythm of aging,
But our past is a ghost fading out that at night it’s still haunting.

http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Some steps:
- Knowing you suck at the game
- Wanting to improve
- Seeing a loss as a learning experience
- Profit

If dealing with shitty teammates is frustrating, play 1v1. And play above your rank, you will learn more. Lame Iro if you must. It's actually a decent way to improve because by doing so, you will be playing against people who are better than you meaning you learn more, and you also learn how to counter it and rushes in general, which is an important skill to have in this game.
Playing unrated 1v1s can help if losing is too demotivating otherwise.
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

Ashvin wrote: i even play with Captains only to get bashed

* T&C Applied

:hmm:
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

tabben wrote:It's very simple: If you don't play above your rank - you won't become above your rank. Break your comfort zone or accept stagnation.

My advice for you: Just host "1v1 unr" and try to figure out the 1st LT:s until you feel confident enough to host "1v1" and then BAM u bash them ez

You can definitrly improve without playing above your rank though. Besides, why would improving be a good thing?
Australia wardyb1
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: wardyb1

Post by wardyb1 »

Tbh you don't really need teammates in team below 1st L. Like 80% of games are deccan so just pick a rush civ, tell your teammates that as a team you are rushing and auto win. It's kind of a blanket statement but that is really the basis of team games pre captain from personal experience.

If you are constantly getting angry at your teammates it is likely affecting your own play and you may be over estimating your own ability. Similarly if you see your teammate being uncooperative, instead of bulldozing ahead and doing something else, play around them and make it work. 2 people doing unoptimal things together will always be better than them going their separate ways and both losing their fights.
“To love the journey is to accept no such end. I have found, through painful experience, that the most important step a person can take is always the next one.”
Sweden tabben
Lancer
EWTNWC LAN Bronze
ESO: tabben

Post by tabben »

momuuu wrote:You can definitrly improve without playing above your rank though.

How very obvious! :smile: What's relevant to consider is if this is the most efficient way to improve - assuming this is one of your goals with playing the game (which seems to be the case for this person).

Besides, why would improving be a good thing?

This is such an irrelevant question - and there's obviously no right answer to it, except that it's completely up to each and everyone. Some people like to play purely for fun and others get bored without trying to improve. Personally I don't necessarily find these incitements to be conflicting. But my opinion on this is just as useless as yours. I guess irrelevant questions trigger irrelevant answers.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Improving is what has always been the most fun to me in this game. Doing things differently than before because you learned something and seeing the benefits is very rewarding. Especially when you get somewhat decent at the game and start adapting to what the opponent is doing rather than following a build order. But yeah I suppose this is not the case for everyone.
Bhutan jgals
Lancer

Post by jgals »

princeofcarthage wrote:If you can't carry 1v3 you are not good at team :roll:

sadly true. Time to lame some iro and town destroy Agra, port Tc wagons and otto/russian FBS
Bhutan jgals
Lancer

Post by jgals »

XeeleeFlower wrote:You and I are about the same level. The biggest problem in team games at our level is the smurfing. I feel that nightd is a good example of a player who truly is the level he is. I'm surprised he's hosting unknown. It's usually deccan :roll: and he always goes brit and will mass musks. He can be decent if he's directed in the right way and given a bit of time to boom. I'm kinda the same way. The more toxic my team is, the worse I play. I have streaks where I play much higher than my level, then I have streaks where I play much lower. For me, I don't play a lot so it's like I'm constantly shaking off the rust. I'm also very much a casual player and just play to have fun. Winning is great! But losing can be fun too if the game was good. :smile:

Team games are best played when you know at least one of your teammates and talk with them via discord or whatever. It's easier to communicate things to each other and you can often win the game even if your other teammate(s) suck so bad that they have an obscene amount of military just hanging out in their base while you're fighting the opponents on your own because your friend is going in for a sneaky attack on their side and you've flared and asked for help but get no response. Communication is super important in team games.

I would offer to join you for some team games, but I'm scared of how bad you would flame me since, once again, I haven't played in awhile. :sad:

Don't be nervous to play against 1st lieutenants. Some of them are much worse than their pr says they are. Plus, you can grow as a player by looking at what they're doing, how they're playing differently, their choices, etc. I've learned a lot of things, such as putting my raiding cav into different groups and hitting different areas, scouting with a low cost unit, etc, just by playing with some of them and captains.

An important thing to remember is that it's just a game and you're playing it to have fun. If you aren't enjoying it anymore, then maybe it's not the right game for you. If you're frustrated with multiplayer, just vent with some compstomps. :biggrin: Me and a friend of mine sometimes do some compstomps when we're not feeling up to playing with other people. Play on different maps and see how many expert bots you can handle.

yeah I decided that and started playing some other games I realy loved like Civ 4 BTS and actually downloaded the trial of Diablo 3, surprisingly good despite the slightly corny MMO ish graphics I was at first questioning of. and to stop playing aoe3 as much. I'm going to try to cut back to 1-2 games per day. I just didn't have much going on for a while I was working in a small mountain town at a ski resort so I was playing a lot and I think taking the game way too seriously and a lot more than most. I am still trying to figure out discord.