Is creeping treasures cheating?

France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Re: Is creeping treasures cheating?

Post by Kaiserklein »

Hmm thought I saw quite a few people doing that on stream
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

Garja wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:For years and years people believed that the Earth was flat. Does it make the Earth objectively flat?

As I said 2 pages ago, you have a big big big issue with objectivity. It seems like it's a concept you can't understand.

I don't have a problem at all with objectivity. Simply I associate my own opinion to fact because that's the case 90% of times. So I deliberately take the risk of being incorrect 1 out of 10 than having to discuss against garbage arguments every time. Just like in this topic.

This reads like a vane post
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

like who
Image Image Image
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

thebritish
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

not replying to u
Image Image Image
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

Hmm. Yeah it does work with other ranged explorers. How did I not know about this, or see anyone else doing it?
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Because it takes also not too much lag to perform it on every shot.
Image Image Image
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Woah that clip is the first time I see Mitoe not writing an absolutely gramatically correct and complete sentence.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

comparing alt d to creeping is just stupid.
But sure lets ignore the fact that treasures all have a radius for which guardians are allowed to be in. Lets also ignore the fact their hp is reseted.
Lets also ignore of how risky it is if an opponemts explorer is nearby.

Lets also disregard the 200 res swing to get your hero back in the correct way otherwise why would they implement it. Or sending a unit when it reaches a certain amount of hp.

Why would these mechanics be added to the game if you can press a hotkey. After all alt d isnt gamebreaking at all
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

tabben wrote:Looks like @Mitoe found a new way of creeping treasures with the japanese explorers. It was all caught on stream: https://clips.twitch.tv/CrunchyThoughtfulCheetahNomNom

Is he now more of a cheater than us "normal" treasure creepers? Can we expect this way of creeping to become standard?

Of course. It's not cheating since Mitoe does it.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

evilcheadar wrote:
Garja wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:For years and years people believed that the Earth was flat. Does it make the Earth objectively flat?

As I said 2 pages ago, you have a big big big issue with objectivity. It seems like it's a concept you can't understand.

I don't have a problem at all with objectivity. Simply I associate my own opinion to fact because that's the case 90% of times. So I deliberately take the risk of being incorrect 1 out of 10 than having to discuss against garbage arguments every time. Just like in this topic.

This reads like a vane post

Yes, garja has big issues but that's common knowledge, which is why his opinion hardly matters.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

For next release I'm preparing a fix of "alt-d exploit" using a combination of UHC & anti-cheat. I'll also look into fast shooting, I think some measures are possible in a similar way.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

EAGLEMUT wrote:For next release I'm preparing a fix of "alt-d exploit" using a combination of UHC & anti-cheat. I'll also look into fast shooting, I think some measures are possible in a similar way.

Noooooo, don't dare changing fast shooting!
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Mitoe wrote:Hmm. Yeah it does work with other ranged explorers. How did I not know about this, or see anyone else doing it?

You did it yourself without knowing it, in your first game vs knusch: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/277077094?t=1h27m15s
You don't actually have to walk back after shooting, any direction works. What matters is that your explo - the treasure - the guardian are roughly aligned, and that you start walking directly after shooting.

Garja wrote:like who

I think I've seen aiz and hazza do it, plus you and me, but yeah it's not a lot of people in fact
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

This is bigger than fast shooting for sure. Treasures guardians are meant to attack you, not run from the treasure.
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

Kaiserklein wrote:I think I've seen aiz and hazza do it, plus you and me, but yeah it's not a lot of people in fact

I'm quite certain I am the biggest bug abuser the game has ever seen, just that everybody is slow to catch on. Been using that on stream since the first time I started streaming on nilla.
oranges.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Aizamk wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:I think I've seen aiz and hazza do it, plus you and me, but yeah it's not a lot of people in fact

I'm quite certain I am the biggest bug abuser the game has ever seen, just that everybody is slow to catch on. Been using that on stream since the first time I started streaming on nilla.

Yes, it's very likely.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMYW7TtN8Pc
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:This is bigger than fast shooting for sure. Treasures guardians are meant to attack you, not run from the treasure.

It's like you guys always forget fast shooting can be used against regular units. It's tiring really.
Also it actually takes really long to micro with side stepping, and it's way harder to do than fast shooting. Your treasure is more likely to get stolen, while with fast shooting it's way less likely (check in my tourney game vs tit, I should have been in time to maybe steal the treasure, but he used the cheat so I wasn't).

Regardless, if some dev explains that it's probably not intended, and/or if ESOC wants to ban it, I think it's fine to have it banned.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Kaiserklein wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:This is bigger than fast shooting for sure. Treasures guardians are meant to attack you, not run from the treasure.

It's like you guys always forget fast shooting can be used against regular units. It's tiring really.
Also it actually takes really long to micro with side stepping, and it's way harder to do than fast shooting. Your treasure is more likely to get stolen, while with fast shooting it's way less likely (check in my tourney game vs tit, I should have been in time to maybe steal the treasure, but he used the cheat so I wasn't).

Regardless, if some dev explains that it's probably not intended, and/or if ESOC wants to ban it, I think it's fine to have it banned.

1) It can be used against regular units sure, but realistically there's no situation where it can be game changing because you can just kill the explorer or the treasure guardians.
2) It is hard to micro with fast shooting, really. You should try it in real games because it's not as easy as you think. Also you're arguing that side stepping has drawbacks while you were laughing at us when we claimed that alt d had drawbacks.
3) It was 100% not intended to work like this, and thus you're changing the game, just like alt d players do.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

have you uninstalled EP yet? Cheater.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

What about monitor or iro crackshot? Or using the glitch on twc pets? It's not that hard to realize this isn't just some age 1 treasuring trick...
It's not hard at all to micro with fast shooting. For the record, I've been testing this glitch before you even knew it existed, so please don't tell me to "try it". And about the side stepping, I was just saying it takes way more skill and presents much more risks than the crackshot glitch.
However, as I already said, I'm fine with it being banned.
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

Aizamk wrote:

pr 7 needs all the tricks to be able to compete.
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Kaiserklein wrote:What about monitor or iro crackshot? Or using the glitch on twc pets? It's not that hard to realize this isn't just some age 1 treasuring trick...

Monitor is broken for sure. Iro crackshot doesn't really matter since it means you can't use it (thus most of the time it won't really be worth), and you want to focus the Iro wc first anyway in most situations so he won't shoot for long.
Using the glitch on twc pets isn't an issue at all, you can just back your pets lol.
And you know, it's possible to ban fast shooting just for monitors, so it's not really an issue. And with explorers it's hardly more than some age 1 treasuring tricks because of their low dps.

It's not hard at all to micro with fast shooting. For the record, I've been testing this glitch before you even knew it existed, so please don't tell me to "try it". And about the side stepping, I was just saying it takes way more skill and presents much more risks than the crackshot glitch.
However, as I already said, I'm fine with it being banned.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Just because the iro explorer can use doesnt mean it has to be banned. One can also consider this bug in balancing the game. Similairly, monitors could be given a 1.5 ROF and nerfed damage accordingly, which makes the bug ineffective for them.

Btw, isn't crackshotting treasure guardians from TWC civs bug abuse too?
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

you guys r hilarious
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers