Is Moesbarring cheating?

No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Is Moesbarring cheating?

Post by deleted_user0 »

Many people would say yes. But let's analyze if before we jump to rash conclusions.

Let's take the hypothesis that Moesbarring is cheating, and look at the reasons why it would be so.

1) It creates an unfair advantage.
2) It has a negative impact on gameplay.
3) It's exploiting a loophole that the Devs have forgot to fix, but which wasn't meant to be part of the game.
4) It takes all the fun out of the game.

Together, that looks like a pretty strong case to conclude that Moesbarring is not just cheating, but also bad for the game. But let's look at each of these points separately, to see how they hold up?

1) This would be true only if one player could Moesbar, while the other couldn't. But this isn't the case. Both players can Moesbar. So this levels the playing field.

2) This brings me to the second point. Moesbarring introduces a whole new level of skill. Who is the best lazerbear microer, who can macro 100 billion resources as if you're Jeff Bezos himself, who is the best monstertruck racer, and who can fill the most ice cream cones from his truck in under a minute? Exciting opportunities for new competition, if you ask me.

3) Sure, this might be true, but in and of itself, it's not a solid argument. As other valuable members of the community (such as MacroNesie, Laggy Titty, HackSpreadRouga, Jeruma and PapOOSt) have already pointed out, exploiting something doesn't always equal a cheat. Some bugs or exploits of bugs aren't fixed because they're deemed to have a positive impact on the game. As we've already concluded in point 2), Moesbarring has a positive impact. Therefore we shouldn't just conclude it's a cheat and not use it because of this. On top of that, there is a solid case to be made that deciding what is bad and what isn't is only a subjective judgment, and therefore holds no legitimacy. I'm quite sure those opposed are just people who are terrible at Moesbarring, or they don't like ice cream. Who is going to decide which exploit is bad and which isn't, which we allow and which we ban? Are you a God? Who gave you such power? The answer is clear. We ban all, or nothing. The former is impossible, so logic dictates we are left with the latter. May Zoom be with us.

4) Fun is a matter of taste. Nobody forces you to boot up aoe3 and play it. You can always host a lobby NR55 No Moesbar if you don't like to play the game in it's full potential. Or you just go cry in a corner because you suck at Moesbarring. Up to you.
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Re: Is Moesbarring cheating?

Post by Snuden »

Where can I download?
[Sith] - Baphomet
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

PM Roiarthurbis!
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I don't think so. If you look into the game files there is code for "600 wood shipment." It's right there in the game. By sending it with the Moesbar UI you aren't manipulating anything, just playing the game how the designers intended, with homecity shipments to speed up your builds.

Your points are all perfect. It's refreshing to hear from community members who can formulate coherent arguments because making an argument on an issue always means you're right if the person you're arguing with doesn't. Q.E.D.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

deleted_user wrote:I don't think so. If you look into the game files there is code for "600 wood shipment." It's right there in the game. By sending it with the Moesbar UI you aren't manipulating anything, just playing the game how the designers intended, with homecity shipments to speed up your builds.

Your points are all perfect. It's refreshing to hear from community members who can formulate coherent arguments because making an argument on an issue always means you're right if the person you're arguing with doesn't. Q.E.D.

Ooooh good point about Moesbarring improving an existing game feature! Just like alt-d makes it so you aren't punished as hard for losing your explorer to coyotes like a total pr10 noobcake, Moesbarring makes it so you aren't punished as hard for not having shipments available. Instead of having to wait for a shipment and then having to wait +40 seconds for it to arrive, you can just send it whenever you want. Of course some people might think this is bad. But I think it's great. Merely one opinion against another.
Norway aqwer
Dragoon

Post by aqwer »

@deleted_user good luck arguing with these hypocrites.
#trainableSpahi
Austria supahons
Dragoon
ESO: supahons

Post by supahons »

[spoiler=show me the evidence]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0i0KQOCipe8[/spoiler]
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

thread_34_469838_20180502230630_22102.gif

1.png

Wow you're a genius!
Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer
ESO: HUMMAN

Post by HUMMAN »

I think your idea is innovative and controversial, thus i think it is cool. Yet you forget to mention that ESOC sucks because only 5 people control the game rules and they ban moesbar from tourneys without asking other players. I think it is unfair and i have a butthurt because of that, Americans should ask me before adapting silly rules.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Sigh
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

Wait i have a meme for this
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by Sargsyan »

Here it is
Attachments
FB_IMG_1529593170448.jpg
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

I talked to moesbar once. He was a nice guy and helped us identify some more cheats to block in EP.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Yea I have him on skype and used to talk to him a bit. Seemed like a generally decent person, he didn’t make cheats maliciously, he just enjoys doing that kind of thing
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by Sargsyan »

How did he help you if you still cant block moesbar ?
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

Sargsyan wrote:How did he help you if you still cant block moesbar ?

Most of the cheats are blocked now, ppl always find ways to circumvent though
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

But they aren't cheats. Just mechanics and you guys are brainless nerdtators for blocking them. I hope anonymous will hack your silly little patch. Free the Moesbar!
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

10/10 thread
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

umeu wrote:But they aren't cheats. Just mechanics and you guys are brainless nerdtators for blocking them. I hope anonymous will hack your silly little patch. Free the Moesbar!

Is this meant to be a joke, or actually meant to make a point?
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

its a bug clearly intended by the developers! if it wasn't they would have fixed it
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Thought it was fairly obvious
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

momuuu wrote:
umeu wrote:But they aren't cheats. Just mechanics and you guys are brainless nerdtators for blocking them. I hope anonymous will hack your silly little patch. Free the Moesbar!

Is this meant to be a joke, or actually meant to make a point?

If it's not clear to you, then I'm afraid I can't help you.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Well, if its a joke then its quite funny, but Ive seen so many braindead things come up that I cant tell anymore. On the other hand, if this is a bit serious (as in satirical criticism) then you'd be really dumb. Ive always thought you werent that stupid.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

tfw trying to justify moesbar cheating instead of making an apology thread and admitting you are guilty of cheating.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

momuuu wrote:Well, if its a joke then its quite funny, but Ive seen so many braindead things come up that I cant tell anymore. On the other hand, if this is a bit serious (as in satirical criticism) then you'd be really dumb. Ive always thought you werent that stupid.

I don't joke. I'm 100% serious. Calling people dumb and stupid is what people do who have no arguments.