rockets

United States of America cedarfarms
Dragoon
ESO: Cedar_farms_

rockets

Post by cedarfarms »

How do rockets compare with other artillery, like sometimes i really am under whelmed by the damage they dish out when im using them. British have always been my number one civ and i just feel like when they shoot into armies of infantry they really only kill like the one or maybe two units the rocket directly hits and thats usually it, as compared to when i play like port dutch or russia and use heavy cannons, heavys literally kill like 5 6 guys some shots. Whenever i am a civ with heavy cannon I always have one if not both facts making cannons because they really just clean up any kind of infantry, are heavys just a dominant artillery unit or are rockets just weaker against infantry than the other artillery pieces. I know rockets do very well against buildings and a good job at fighting off cav that are meleeing them, but do they just not deal with infantry as well?
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

rockets

Post by tedere12 »

they are built faster, they move slightly faster, they have more damage(300) but they have no multiplier against infantry whereas h. cannons do have (200x3 vs inf)
India _DB_
Howdah

rockets

Post by _DB_ »

You honestly don't always need rockets to win. Brits have just good eco to make cannons themselves, but still 3 rockets is a cost effective shipment.
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

rockets

Post by Kaiserklein »

Imo the only good thing about rockets is that you can ship 3 of them...

They have no multiplier, which means it is better vs cav but worse vs infantry. But who cares about shooting cav with artillery ? That's not what you want it for. And it's all the more sucky since the rocket gets the same problem as the mortar vs boats : if the target is moving, it might fail it, and sometimes it desn't even shoot, waiting for the target to immobilize. It does this with falc-type artillery too sometimes, but really less often. So you can't even shoot at running cav since it moves too fast and it sucks against infantry...

Rockets do have a few advantages : they are good vs artillery and they have a highest rate of fire than the heavy cannon. Still not enough to make it good imo
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag Mirari
Musketeer

rockets

Post by Mirari »

Rockets are fine. They extra damage vs cav can be really, really useful depending on what civ you playing against . You are still trading super cost efficiently against infantry and probably even vs goons.
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

rockets

Post by Papist »

They are good at dealing out the splash damage, which makes them a great complement to the powerful British units.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
No Flag jkl
Dragoon

rockets

Post by jkl »

i think rockets have half the rof as heavy cannons, with great bombards having the slowest rof. i saw a rec from the twc era when a brit used redcoats + rockets as the main army and won. if using the single shipment of either 2 hc or 3 rockets, then 2 hc would be better. but for factory production, rockets would be better for long term since they counter culvs better than hc.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

rockets

Post by Kaiserklein »

jkl wrote:i think rockets have half the rof as heavy cannons, with great bombards having the slowest rof. i saw a rec from the twc era when a brit used redcoats + rockets as the main army and won. if using the single shipment of either 2 hc or 3 rockets, then 2 hc would be better. but for factory production, rockets would be better for long term since they counter culvs better than hc.

Imo it''s quite the opposite : 3 rockets is a good shipment, better than 2 HC, because it''s basically worth more army (18 pop vs 14 pop). But producing rockets from factories... Then it''s like paying the rockets and it becomes sucky
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag 22k
Crossbow

rockets

Post by 22k »

i think rocket are bullshit... heavy cannon is the REAL deal!
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

rockets

Post by yemshi »

No cannon can be bullshit.
Rockets+Musketeers+Hussars with the british eco andups is veeery strong.
HC are better, Rockets still do an amazing job
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

rockets

Post by Jaeger »

I think rockets are OP lol but idk we need a treaty player here
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
United States of America cedarfarms
Dragoon
ESO: Cedar_farms_

rockets

Post by cedarfarms »

as a british player, i live and die by the double r combo once i hit industrial for as long as i can remember with redcoats and rockets but what i am saying i guess is when i play different civs and watch heavy cannons flatten entire masses of infantry in just one or two shots, sometimes i kinda wish brits had heavy cannon lol
No Flag PoniPoika
Skirmisher

rockets

Post by PoniPoika »

Rockets op
No Flag jkl
Dragoon

rockets

Post by jkl »

but 2 hc beat 3 rockets. the inf 2 rocket card is a good treaty card since the xp should be coming in quickly, and u can easily spend cards at that point, so if u wanna use cards then inf 2 rockets is better. but in 1v1 that goes into late game, rockets r still good even if it comes from the factories.