User avatar
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Gendarme
Donator 03
Posts: 7241

01 Jul 2018, 23:32

Goodspeed wrote:Agree there is little substance lately. Why don't you make a good thread about an interesting subject? Be the change you want to see, or something.


Because if you do it just gets derailed by trolls
There's sand in my teeth
User avatar
United States of America evilcheadar
Jaeger
Posts: 4094
Location: USA

01 Jul 2018, 23:38

iwillspankyou wrote:I tune in to the esoc, every now and then, but log out again. Cos there is just nothing much here that is interesting anymore. What happened to the communety. Its all about memes, and "nothingness". I am very dissapointed in the way the communety have gone from interesting to "prank and half a brain" :hmm:

Refill thread and try to be (focus people!) thread, simple as that.
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
User avatar
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
Posts: 3939
ESO: edeholland
Location: the cloud
GameRanger ID: 4053888

01 Jul 2018, 23:40

I think the (focus people!) is actually key in scaring off the trolls and making a thread succesful.
Image
User avatar
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Gendarme
Donator 03
Posts: 7241

01 Jul 2018, 23:43

edeholland wrote:I think the (focus people!) is actually key in scaring off the trolls and making a thread succesful.


Sometimes when a thread is being overrun with trolls I will blow a whistle at my computer in hopes of "scaring them off"
There's sand in my teeth
User avatar
Kiribati SirCallen
Gendarme
Posts: 7906
ESO: KTRAlN
Location: Midwest best west

01 Jul 2018, 23:58

just made a new thread

favorite bridge thread: viewtopic.php?f=315&t=14889
and the giving famishes the craving
sweet thames, run softly, til I end my song

The shepherd's staff's tantalus around my neck

let the water
touch the tongue
User avatar
United States of America XeeleeFlower
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron
Posts: 835

01 Jul 2018, 23:59

A problem I see when it comes to good enlightening threads in offtopic is that people on both sides of a debate tend to get offended and passionate. Thus, discussions aren't able to take place in a mature and respectful way. Insults get hurled, people try to be edgy, some people are just straight up disrespectful, then reports are made, mods have to step in, then everyone is pissed at the mods, posts get deleted, threads get locked, then people don't feel that it's worth their time to post anymore so they don't.

Another problem is that there are several people who think throwing in a shitpost is funny and clever, when all it does is break up the flow of a thread and causes people to feel irritated. Some people join in with the shitposting and then the entire thread has been derailed also causing one to feel less of a desire to post anything of substance.

A good thread is an entirely subjective experience. I enjoy reading threads on here even if it's simply to learn more about the individuals in our community.
Whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

I love good methamphetamine; highly addictive.
User avatar
United States of America TheFrozenStrelet
Musketeer
Posts: 51

02 Jul 2018, 00:12

XeeleeFlower wrote:A problem I see when it comes to good enlightening threads in offtopic is that people on both sides of a debate tend to get offended and passionate. Thus, discussions aren't able to take place in a mature and respectful way. Insults get hurled, people try to be edgy, some people are just straight up disrespectful, then reports are made, mods have to step in, then everyone is pissed at the mods, posts get deleted, threads get locked, then people don't feel that it's worth their time to post anymore so they don't.

Another problem is that there are several people who think throwing in a shitpost is funny and clever, when all it does is break up the flow of a thread and causes people to feel irritated. Some people join in with the shitposting and then the entire thread has been derailed also causing one to feel less of a desire to post anything of substance.

A good thread is an entirely subjective experience. I enjoy reading threads on here even if it's simply to learn more about the individuals in our community.

Welcome to the internet.
User avatar
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
Posts: 5120
ESO: Gendarme

02 Jul 2018, 00:16

XeeleeFlower wrote:reports are made, mods have to step in
Image
Capitalization matters.https://pastebin.com/KEuaQCrR
User avatar
United States of America Mvp618
Skirmisher
Posts: 133
ESO: Mvp618

02 Jul 2018, 00:29

Wait am i the only one who comes to esoc for the shitposts then?
User avatar
United States of America TheFrozenStrelet
Musketeer
Posts: 51

02 Jul 2018, 00:54

Mvp618 wrote:Wait am i the only one who comes to esoc for the shitposts then?

The only posts I've actually enjoyed and got a laugh out of were the shitposts. Some people are so serious and some of us see life for how it is.
User avatar
United States of America evilcheadar
Jaeger
Posts: 4094
Location: USA

02 Jul 2018, 02:45

XeeleeFlower wrote:A problem I see when it comes to good enlightening threads in offtopic is that people on both sides of a debate tend to get offended and passionate. Thus, discussions aren't able to take place in a mature and respectful way. Insults get hurled, people try to be edgy, some people are just straight up disrespectful, then reports are made, mods have to step in, then everyone is pissed at the mods, posts get deleted, threads get locked, then people don't feel that it's worth their time to post anymore so they don't.

Another problem is that there are several people who think throwing in a shitpost is funny and clever, when all it does is break up the flow of a thread and causes people to feel irritated. Some people join in with the shitposting and then the entire thread has been derailed also causing one to feel less of a desire to post anything of substance.

A good thread is an entirely subjective experience. I enjoy reading threads on here even if it's simply to learn more about the individuals in our community.

What’s your opinion on threads like “how many refills?”
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
Posts: 2062
ESO: Octanium

02 Jul 2018, 04:14

Mvp618 wrote:Wait am i the only one who comes to esoc for the shitposts then?

Wow you're back after over more than a year
Image
User avatar
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor
Posts: 1572
ESO: G00g0l
Location: Prague

02 Jul 2018, 06:28

Sargsyan wrote:@Googol


You have to look forward to @tedere12 which is my idol, so in the end he's basically your idol too.
User avatar
France [Armag] diarouga
Gendarme
NWC LAN Gold
Posts: 9566
ESO: diarouga
Location: France

02 Jul 2018, 07:07

iwillspankyou wrote:
Sargsyan wrote:@Googol

this is one example of the problem. its just non sense statments. Im pretty disapointed, but well, I said I was quitting, and maybe I should not try remember why I made that statment, cos its nothing here anymore. :cry:

Well I tried to make it a bit more interesting with the MU of the week threads, but after like 6 weeks people got bored and stopped discussing it.
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
Posts: 2062
ESO: Octanium

02 Jul 2018, 08:31

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
iwillspankyou wrote:
Sargsyan wrote:@Googol

this is one example of the problem. its just non sense statments. Im pretty disapointed, but well, I said I was quitting, and maybe I should not try remember why I made that statment, cos its nothing here anymore. :cry:

Well I tried to make it a bit more interesting with the MU of the week threads, but after like 6 weeks people got bored and stopped discussing it.

I loved those discussion, however I don't think i have enough skills/experience to share my views(which I am 100% are not perfect) on it.
Image
User avatar
France [Armag] diarouga
Gendarme
NWC LAN Gold
Posts: 9566
ESO: diarouga
Location: France

02 Jul 2018, 08:35

Ashvin wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Well I tried to make it a bit more interesting with the MU of the week threads, but after like 6 weeks people got bored and stopped discussing it.

I loved those discussion, however I don't think i have enough skills/experience to share my views(which I am 100% are not perfect) on it.

That's the issue with this kind of topics too, it's very elitist. Still I think that everyone can share his point of view and that it's actually very interesting. Quite often some players (and that's true at every level of the game although it happens less often at high level) don't understand why a strat with civ X doesn't work vs civ Y, and thus isn't used at high level.
Great Britain Hazza54321
Gendarme
Donator 01
Posts: 6000

02 Jul 2018, 08:41

Cos theyre 1v1 MUs of the week :D
User avatar
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Gendarme
Donator 03
Posts: 7241

02 Jul 2018, 08:41

[Armag] diarouga wrote:Still I think that everyone can share his point of view


*Or her
There's sand in my teeth
User avatar
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
Posts: 2062
ESO: Sargsyan
Location: Armenia
GameRanger ID: 2106182

02 Jul 2018, 09:25

Googol wrote:
Sargsyan wrote:@Googol


You have to look forward to @tedere12 which is my idol, so in the end he's basically your idol too.

Lets check if he has an idol himself?
@tedere12
Bolivia tedere12
Jaeger
Posts: 3282
ESO: Tedere12
Location: Greece

02 Jul 2018, 10:57

Sargsyan wrote:
Googol wrote:
Sargsyan wrote:@Googol


You have to look forward to @tedere12 which is my idol, so in the end he's basically your idol too.

Lets check if he has an idol himself?
@tedere12

@analworsher9 @thebritish
Image
User avatar
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
Posts: 2062
ESO: Sargsyan
Location: Armenia
GameRanger ID: 2106182

02 Jul 2018, 11:00

tedere12 wrote:
Sargsyan wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Lets check if he has an idol himself?
@tedere12

@analworsher9 @thebritish

@i think we finally found our true idols
User avatar
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor
Posts: 1572
ESO: G00g0l
Location: Prague

02 Jul 2018, 12:00

Sargsyan wrote:
tedere12 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

@analworsher9 @thebritish

@i think we finally found our true idols


@tedere12 how about this guy?
User avatar
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
Posts: 2062
ESO: Sargsyan
Location: Armenia
GameRanger ID: 2106182

02 Jul 2018, 12:13

Googol wrote:
Sargsyan wrote:
Show hidden quotes

@i think we finally found our true idols


@tedere12 how about this guy?

What a speech man i cant hold my tears, the guy is orator af
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
Posts: 14237
ESO: Jerom_

02 Jul 2018, 12:14

n0el wrote:
iwillspankyou wrote:
Snuden wrote:Cringe.

could b I am wrong. But every time I make a post or a thread. this guy is here spawning nothingness, or hate. I would say that it is a big portion of the problem we face: a post of nothingness, or hate :!:

True statement.

If only back in the day when the moderation team tried to make steps towards improvong this situation some admin wouldnt have simply overruled them and reverted what had been done.
User avatar
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
Posts: 2062
ESO: Sargsyan
Location: Armenia
GameRanger ID: 2106182

02 Jul 2018, 12:15

momuuu wrote:
n0el wrote:
Show hidden quotes

True statement.

If only back in the day when the moderation team tried to make steps towards improvong this situation some admin wouldnt have simply overruled them and reverted what had been done.

ARE TALKING ABOUT THE GREAT H2SO4 ?

Forum Info

Return to “General”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DracoWolfgand and 1 guest