"Spanish Gold" Card

Germany psychonautics
Crossbow
ESO: slechtehond

"Spanish Gold" Card

Post by psychonautics »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1QiKaNjelc

In this video interjection sends the spanish gold card, without building a saloon. Why did he send the card in this situation? Or is the ep card completely different?
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Re: "Spanish Gold" Card

Post by duckzilla »

If you pause you can see what it does. The card gives you an additional 400 gold crates on top of each following HC shipment, including itself, so 400 gold directly. It is a bit like the +1 vill which India has for every shipment, just with 400 gold.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

It is. It gives 400g with every shipment from there on, including the card itself.
Image Image Image
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

It's a different card in EP. It gives you 400 gold for each shipment from that point (including that shipment iself). It is meant to give Spain an more economic option instead of the usual spamming of military cards.
Germany psychonautics
Crossbow
ESO: slechtehond

Post by psychonautics »

I guess im blind. But isnt it just that the spanish player sends this card and then continues to spam military cards?
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

No, sending military unit shipments as Spain is pretty meh and it’s part of why most people think Spain is weak.
Switzerland ChewSick
Dragoon
ESO: chusik

Post by ChewSick »

_H2O wrote:No, sending military unit shipments as Spain is pretty meh and it’s part of why most people think Spain is weak.

wait really? (on ep?)

could you explain please?
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

As far as I remember, the spanish military unit shipments are just weak. Things like 4 hussars/lancers (= 800 ressources) and 2 falcs are good or situationally good. But all other age III unit cards are either melee inf (=weakest units in the game and not even many! 8 rods are just not useful imo) or just not worth it compared to a simple 1000 ressource crate shipment (3 lancers = 600 res?).

edit: spain really lacks a skirm or musk shipment. On the other hand, they may become OP if they had one.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Well I don't think it's meh to ship cards like 2 falcs, 5 lancers, or 9 rods to some extent. What sucks is to go all in and ship only units, but I don't think shipping units as spain is especially bad overall
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

Kaiserklein wrote:Well I don't think it's meh to ship cards like 2 falcs, 5 lancers, or 9 rods to some extent. What sucks is to go all in and ship only units, but I don't think shipping units as spain is especially bad overall

Is it 5 lancers and 9 rods? I guess the wiki where I looked the numbers up is old....

Beati pauperes spiritu.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

That's on ep. Not talking about re, the civ is pretty much useless there, unless it's an atp map
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

duckzilla wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:Well I don't think it's meh to ship cards like 2 falcs, 5 lancers, or 9 rods to some extent. What sucks is to go all in and ship only units, but I don't think shipping units as spain is especially bad overall

Is it 5 lancers and 9 rods? I guess the wiki where I looked the numbers up is old....

Wiki is showing re patch stats
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

In 90% of cases you want other shipments instead so the card is rather useless. You have to craft a specific build just to use it while with other cards you can do a multitude of builds and just adapt step by step.
Image Image Image
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

The card is different in EP. It gives you 400 gold, and then an additional 400 gold for every shipment you send from that point on.
Pay more attention to detail.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Sargsyan wrote:
duckzilla wrote:

For now.
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by Sargsyan »

edeholland wrote:
Sargsyan wrote:
Show hidden quotes

For now.

Idk idk..
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

Yes unlike on RE this card is different on EP, it gives you 400c from every HC shipment including itself. Someone please confirm this?
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by Sargsyan »

I can confirm
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

duckzilla wrote:As far as I remember, the spanish military unit shipments are just weak. Things like 4 hussars/lancers (= 800 ressources) and 2 falcs are good or situationally good. But all other age III unit cards are either melee inf (=weakest units in the game and not even many! 8 rods are just not useful imo) or just not worth it compared to a simple 1000 ressource crate shipment (3 lancers = 600 res?).

edit: spain really lacks a skirm or musk shipment. On the other hand, they may become OP if they had one.

Spain's unit shipments have been buffed on EP to address that exact concern. IIRC, they have received +1 units on all their lancer and rod shipments. This coupled with the Spanish Gold shipment is designed to help them keep up in mass in mid to late Fortress.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

Spanish Gold was originally a garbage age 4 card that buffed galleon HP and make buccaneers (a shittier version of pirates) trainable at the saloon and galleons.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
Pakistan MaJoOorchEf_GaZa
Musketeer
ESO: majooorchef_gaza

Post by MaJoOorchEf_GaZa »

Spanish is the only civ in aoe3 that I can't play, they have nothing whenever I try to play Spain I feel like I have British, Portuguese, Dutch, French all are better than Spanish and then I refused to play Spanish its just a bad civ.
Do you know what kind of creature waits for its own slaughter?
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

A feeling I really enjoy is never playing a civ but being capable enough to pull off a good strat and macro when you do play it.
No Flag Djigit
Howdah

Post by Djigit »

umeu did thish before it was kewl
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

MaJoOorchEf_GaZa wrote:Spanish is the only civ in aoe3 that I can't play, they have nothing whenever I try to play Spain I feel like I have British, Portuguese, Dutch, French all are better than Spanish and then I refused to play Spanish its just a bad civ.

come on I don't think Portuguese and Dutch are better than Spanish and Spain isn't played the same way at all, with a melee-based composition (pike rod huss lancer dog) your micro isn't the same at all, for me this civ is unique and fun to play
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
Pakistan MaJoOorchEf_GaZa
Musketeer
ESO: majooorchef_gaza

Post by MaJoOorchEf_GaZa »

P i k i l i c wrote:
MaJoOorchEf_GaZa wrote:Spanish is the only civ in aoe3 that I can't play, they have nothing whenever I try to play Spain I feel like I have British, Portuguese, Dutch, French all are better than Spanish and then I refused to play Spanish its just a bad civ.

come on I don't think Portuguese and Dutch are better than Spanish and Spain isn't played the same way at all, with a melee-based composition (pike rod huss lancer dog) your micro isn't the same at all, for me this civ is unique and fun to play

maybe you are right but I just told what I think about Spanish its not good to play a civ who don't have ff and can't play on age two at the same time. I know about Spanish ff but I'm talking about that ff politician.
Do you know what kind of creature waits for its own slaughter?