No votes

Total votes: 13

Canada Cocaine
Lancer
ESO: Cow God

Risk Europe Trade Post Pop Limit Poll

Post by Cocaine »

Hi all,

Risk Europe. How much population should I grant per trade post controlled? Right now I got 20. So control 3 trade posts and you will be able to have 60 units. (adjusted so each unit is worth 1 pop including ships so no stacking boats)

Attached is the full completed scenario. 161b is with unlimited population for those fun times.. and 161c is with the trade post population limit.

I MADE Edits to the maps attached here, they are updated please redownload. I made the intro text now smaller as a chat string as recommended :) I kept the population limit at 20 per TPS since I do not think you guys realize how little 10 units per trade post is, given how each area only has like 4 trade posts anyway.. But I can edit that in a second for the tournament so no worries
Attachments
BoatRiskEurope2018 v161b.age3Yscn
Unlimited Population UPDATED
(731.46 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
BoatRiskEurope2018 v161c.age3Yscn
Population Limit UPDATED
(731.98 KiB) Downloaded 13 times
A little Cocaine never hurt nobody!

Austria supahons
Dragoon
ESO: supahons

Re: Risk Europe Trade Post Pop Limit Poll

Post by supahons »

v161 How many hours have you spend on this? :lol:
It looks good, i'll test it definitely.

Suggestions:
Your Intro is blocking the view for at least 4 min (i've stopped testing after this). If you play this often, then it will be annoying, you can't force people to read 5 min intro every time ;) (i've had this problem in my scenarios too)
I've solved this with effect: message and effect: send chat to player as string (then players can scroll up, if they want to read the scenario changes/details). Maybe only use created by as overlay text. (15 sec is more than enough)
United States of America saveyourskill
Skirmisher

Post by saveyourskill »

is there a unit type limit? other wise you can just delete some of your bad units to replace them with mamelukes or ships
Got Badger Milk?
India Frost Bite
Dragoon
ESO: ContainsCaffeine
GameRanger ID: 3243371

Post by Frost Bite »

@Cocaine Are u moltke?
World War 3 is inevitable, Run for your lives, fools
Canada Cocaine
Lancer

Post by Cocaine »

Frost Bite wrote:@Cocaine Are u moltke?

Yes I am moltke, who are you? And also yes theoretically u could delete units to have a set type of army but that’s part of the game and how many hours I spent? Dude a lot. Since December.... lol every night pretty much play testing getting opinion and glitch fixing balance fixing.. and making it look pretty..
As for text overlay I will implement this. Good idea.. :)

Canada Cocaine
Lancer

Post by Cocaine »

@Papist I implemented the population limit based on trade posts.. Which includes ships. As per our last conversation. The map is open for you to download and check out if you like. I would love to start doign stuff for torunament signs ups here on ESOC since I been telling everyone i play nightly that there will be a torunament :)

THE MAP is aeshtetically beautiful and balanced af, I strongly believe this map and the risk tournament set up would bring a lot of fun to all AOE players :) I just need help starting sign ups or what do I do now? I'm willing to put in work and hours lol Like I have since december on this scanerio to make this tournament happen

United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

saveyourskill wrote:is there a unit type limit? other wise you can just delete some of your bad units to replace them with mamelukes or ships

People will delete stuff either way.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

Cocaine wrote:@Papist I implemented the population limit based on trade posts.. Which includes ships. As per our last conversation. The map is open for you to download and check out if you like. I would love to start doign stuff for torunament signs ups here on ESOC since I been telling everyone i play nightly that there will be a torunament :)

Cool, I look forward to checking it out this weekend. I've played on 3 or 4 iterations of this so far, this is a great map. Kudos to you for creating such an amazing resource for the community :flowers:

In terms of tournament organization, you can just make a signup thread in the general forums. Any other requests/questions you have should be directed to the ESOC Media Team. Make sure you leave yourself a lot of time to set everything up -- signups should be open for at least a couple weeks if you want to get a decent number of people involved.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
Canada Cocaine
Lancer

Post by Cocaine »

Papist wrote:
Cocaine wrote:@Papist I implemented the population limit based on trade posts.. Which includes ships. As per our last conversation. The map is open for you to download and check out if you like. I would love to start doign stuff for torunament signs ups here on ESOC since I been telling everyone i play nightly that there will be a torunament :)

Cool, I look forward to checking it out this weekend. I've played on 3 or 4 iterations of this so far, this is a great map. Kudos to you for creating such an amazing resource for the community :flowers:

In terms of tournament organization, you can just make a signup thread in the general forums. Any other requests/questions you have should be directed to the ESOC Media Team. Make sure you leave yourself a lot of time to set everything up -- signups should be open for at least a couple weeks if you want to get a decent number of people involved.

Thank you so so much for this it means a lot. I literally dedicated A LOT of time since December on this. The current map attached to this 161c with the population limit is the final iteration I believe. Apart from maybe aesthetic edits. I will create a tournament page and sign ups shortly this weekend :)

Austria supahons
Dragoon
ESO: supahons

Post by supahons »

i think something is broken now :/ - tps/tcs cost 999999c or i have chosen the wrong settings idk

if the intro change caused the error :
choose effect: message
choose player 1 or send the chat to every player (idk if the gaia (player0) triggers work as they should, i had some problems once with that)
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

How many trade posts are there in total on the map?
Canada Cocaine
Lancer

Post by Cocaine »

supahons wrote:i think something is broken now :/ - tps/tcs cost 999999c or i have chosen the wrong settings idk

if the intro change caused the error :
choose effect: message
choose player 1 or send the chat to every player (idk if the gaia (player0) triggers work as they should, i had some problems once with that)

I FIXED IT, Thank you :D I had to make everything coin expensive cuz I have 2 whales for aesthetic purposes and people could use them to mine gold.. But now theres no point. I just fixed the trade post cost :)

Canada Cocaine
Lancer

Post by Cocaine »

edeholland wrote:How many trade posts are there in total on the map?

75 total so 38 makes trade monopoly!

Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

That's 600 pop with 30 posts, I think that's too much. I would go for 5 or 10 pop per trade post.
Canada Cocaine
Lancer

Post by Cocaine »

edeholland wrote:That's 600 pop with 30 posts, I think that's too much. I would go for 5 or 10 pop per trade post.

10-15 probably. I will have to modify in the tournament sign up page which I will make today :)