OFFICIAL Risk Tournament Sign Ups HERE!

Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

Re: OFFICIAL Risk Tournament Sign Ups HERE!

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

Is it on ep? Would be great
I'm a lot available btw
shit juice :hmm:
Canada Cocaine
Lancer
ESO: Cow God

Post by Cocaine »

Gettin most of these guys to download EP and play on there is just another huge obstacle.. I wouldn't mind but I think we will just have it on the normal patch. Mooesbar can be checked by the free unit chart and maphacking on the recordings if anyone has any issues :)
Like 13 of them still aren't even registered on this forum, I had to sent out an email just now to ask them to do it. We have like 4-5 users that registered on this forum just to sign up for the tourney.. So honestly getting them to jump through another hoop in this very first iteration of this tournament could derail all of this and its popularity.
A little Cocaine never hurt nobody!

Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

Hmm OK well for now then I will just wait for the rules and format
Canada Cocaine
Lancer

Post by Cocaine »

QueenOfdestiny wrote:Hmm OK well for now then I will just wait for the rules and format

Will have that done within the next few days :) I think edeholland was right, each game would have to only have 1 winner move to the final game, with the losers playing the losers bracket until all 8 slots in the final game are filled by previous game winners. That will eliminate the need for teaming. So initially if we have 3-4 games. We will already have 3-4 slots out of the 8 filled by the winners. The remaining losers of those games battle it out in another set of games for the remaining slots. This will give people hope until the very end really and it will keep the tournament going even if you mess up or get unfairly beaten in one of the games

Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

I can play between 08:00 and 20:00 GMT pretty much any day of the week.
[Sith] - Baphomet
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

Do you plan on lag tests? Maybe put a rule about the internet speed a player need to have and to proof it.
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

For the grand final and subsequent winner interview I can be available 24 hours.
[Sith] - Baphomet
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

QueenOfdestiny wrote:Do you plan on lag tests? Maybe put a rule about the internet speed a player need to have and to proof it.

8 player games are going to lag anyways. That's why it's going to take 2-3 hours ^_^

Cocaine wrote:Gettin most of these guys to download EP and play on there is just another huge obstacle.. I wouldn't mind but I think we will just have it on the normal patch. Mooesbar can be checked by the free unit chart and maphacking on the recordings if anyone has any issues :)
Like 13 of them still aren't even registered on this forum, I had to sent out an email just now to ask them to do it. We have like 4-5 users that registered on this forum just to sign up for the tourney.. So honestly getting them to jump through another hoop in this very first iteration of this tournament could derail all of this and its popularity.

I think most players have EP installed by now. I would recommend using EP for sure.
Canada Cocaine
Lancer

Post by Cocaine »

QueenOfdestiny wrote:Do you plan on lag tests? Maybe put a rule about the internet speed a player need to have and to proof it.

I have been playing this scanerio with 8 players almost every night since december lol I can guarantee this wont lag as bad as everyone thinks. And there will be strict rules about what to do when game freezes or goes oos.

Canada Cocaine
Lancer

Post by Cocaine »

edeholland wrote:

8 player games are going to lag anyways. That's why it's going to take 2-3 hours ^_^

Cocaine wrote:Gettin most of these guys to download EP and play on there is just another huge obstacle.. I wouldn't mind but I think we will just have it on the normal patch. Mooesbar can be checked by the free unit chart and maphacking on the recordings if anyone has any issues :)

I think most players have EP installed by now. I would recommend using EP for sure.

For the EP, I will make a poll, and see if people are willing and able to do so. I do support this move.

Canada Cocaine
Lancer

Post by Cocaine »

Snuden wrote:For the grand final and subsequent winner interview I can be available 24 hours.

Yes we will host a winners interview via skype or discord, recorded and posted here LOL

Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

Snuden wrote:For the grand final and subsequent winner interview I can be available 24 hours.

But you not gonna win :hmm:
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

QueenOfdestiny wrote:

But you not gonna win :hmm:

How do you know that?
Since it hasn't been played yet there is no way you can say that I won't win. :hehe:
[Sith] - Baphomet
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Might be a good idea to make a Discord Server for scheduling
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

edeholland wrote:

I think you did not play a lot of games with 8 players :P
I played on some point, 3years ago, a lot of risks with 8 players

It really depends on the players and map.
I know this map and it will not cause lag.
Players are the problem

edeholland wrote:Might be a good idea to make a Discord Server for scheduling

I signed up for it in the forums. I will only be able to schedule on the forum's
United States of America tedstern2001
Crossbow
ESO: Cougar2013

Post by tedstern2001 »

BTW my eso is Cougar2013
Timezone is Pacific, Western USA. (PST)
I can be available every day during afternoons from 1-4/5 , and also every night from 7:30/8- 12/1.
Only day I may not be available is saturday because I'm heading to the big city that day.
Great Britain No_Sean15
Crossbow
ESO: No_Sean15

Post by No_Sean15 »

I am on BST (So thats GMT +1) - I am available to play Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday at any hour.

Thursdays to Sundays my availability will be from 10pm-2am only.

I can PM you my email Moltke.
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

I'm EST (GMT-4). I can do basically any time on Saturday and Sunday, but only 9pm to 12am on weekdays. But as long as I have the dates in advance I can probably make just about anything work, honestly.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
Canada Cocaine
Lancer

Post by Cocaine »

Hi everyone. JUST A REMINDER TO FILL OUT YOUR AVAILABILITY PLEASE..

@Snuden
@Aykin Haraka
@HUMMAN
@sebnan12
@QueenOfdestiny
@Wisa
@Papist
@Saturn
@princeofcarthage
@edeholland
@Nameless103fenjf
@No_Sean15
@helln00
@ElephantTusk
@Lord Proper
@EAGLEMUT
@tedstern2001
@Ikilled4penguins

Hi everyone. Before I draft the final tournament rules and format, there is only one huge obstacle in our way and that is figuring out the time to play these games. The easiest way to do this is if you guys (and the players who I have emails for and will email separately) comment in this thread again your availability for the first knock out game (the rules of which will be drafted this week and all things finalized). What I need you all to do is please, comment what time zone you're at and what time and day of the week are you able to play. Please give as wide of an availability as possible. If you tell me you can only play Thursday night at 7pm Central Europe time.. It might be hard to schedule you in with the other players so give me as much as you can and remember this game will probably be between 2-3 hours long if not longer.. So give yourself plenty of time. Once I have everyone availability I will piece together pools of players in the same zone and from that we will have a youtube recorded (my girlfriend) random draft of players for each initial knockout game so all things are fair :) I will now email the remaining few players and tell them to try to register for this forum and comment under this thread or email me their availability. Thank you everyone :D

As for my availability, I am available to play from Sunday to Thursday anytime between 10 am all throughout the day until 3 am mountain standard time (canadaUS) so thats -8 UTC. as for friday and Saturday(because I work at a night club) I can only play from 10 am to 5pm.

You all have like a day or two to fill out your availability so please try :) If you're going on any vacation please let me know asap too so I can see if we can squeeze you in before and after :)

We managed to get 30 people to sign up, I expect a few to drop due to scheduling issues but still, this will be a hell of a tournament to follow ;) once again I remind you all, I will do my best to voice overlay each game recording and upload to youtube for you guys to watch your competition and truly enjoy the battlefield of europe

No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

My timezone is GMT +7. availability wise I am free on the weekends, weekdays maybe between 20:00 and 23:00 depending on prior planning.
Canada Cocaine
Lancer

Post by Cocaine »

Reminding everyone again, to fill out your availability. I'm going to give it until the weekend to do this. It seems like a slow crawl lol

Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer
ESO: HUMMAN

Post by HUMMAN »

Gm +3 i am avaible
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Hey, I am on GMT+2, best time to start for me would be around 6-9pm GMT on a Friday or Saturday. A bit less good would be same time range on another day. If it's at a different time entirely, I'll see what I can do.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
France Aykin Haraka
Howdah
EWT
ESO: aykin

Post by Aykin Haraka »

i can't read sorry, im gmt +1
Switzerland ChewSick
Dragoon
ESO: chusik

Post by ChewSick »

Aykin Haraka wrote:i can't read sorry, im gmt +1

you are gmt+2 if you're in france. (summertime)