Fun Comp Stomp Strats!

No Flag korser
Crossbow

Fun Comp Stomp Strats!

Post by korser »

Hello! My gf and I were big fans of Age of Empires 2. We've recently started playing Age of Empires 3, 2v2, us vs 2 expert computers.
My gf plays Iroquois, I play ottoman, and we play against 2 random personalities.
We typically turtle then finish them. We're not very good so we actually lose to early attacks quite often, but we're trying.

I know most of you guys here play online and are good enough to wreck expert computers!
What are some tricks, maneuvers, and techniques we can use on those dirty comps?
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Re: Fun Comp Stomp Strats!

Post by edeholland »

Walls work extremely well, they often siege them even when it's not needed. Also, attacking one villager usually sends ALL their villagers in the Town Center, costing him tons of resources. There are plenty of more tips others will hopefully share.

Also, welcome on our forums! There are plenty of resources here for learning the game.
Austria supahons
Dragoon
ESO: supahons

Post by supahons »

No Flag silky
Musketeer

Post by silky »

If you always go Iro/Otto combo, maybe your gf could do a toma rush and you back her up with abus gun. These two civs are good rush civs. However, if you only want to turtle but you want a really easy game then maybe try playing Aztec on Indochina, walling off the passes with multiple layers of walls and doing town dance. Comp won't be able to rush you as it will take it ages to break through your walls if you have 10 WP on the pit. I did this vs 7 comps, although it took hours.
Death to gendarme-spammers.