[Unofficial] [Civ rules] Poll about Autumn 2018

What civilization rules do you want in Autumn 2018?

Same as previous. (Civ reset)
47%
New ones. (No civ reset during entire series)
29%
Mixed. (No civ reset for first half, civ reset as matches increases)
16%
Other. (Explain in comments)
8%

Total votes: 49

Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Re: [Unofficial] [Civ rules] Poll about Autumn 2018

Post by spanky4ever »

edeholland wrote:
iwillspankyou wrote:
Show hidden quotes

My main argument for that would be that most ppl play RE.
Even though I really like the patch in general, it has become a kind of "elitist" patch.
From a spectator point of view, it could be nice to have a tournament that are played on the "normal" patch.
As a player, the tips I gained by being a spectator on RE, would be more relavant to my own game.
It could also be interesting to see how big the differences to RE actually are now, and if our very good players would play the game in a very different manner than on EP.
:geek:

While I understand your point, the patch is still relatively close to RE, so I think a tournament on RE wouldn't be interesting enough to make up for the horrible balance.

thx for understanding, at least, that is good. I did not think I would be listened to though. But IF you are up to it, I could fund a mini tournament on RE, after this, with a 400 in the pot :food: and I would request that any donations during this tournament, would be enriching the winners "pot" ;) One more tournament funded :shock: that is my terms, anyways :P
this promise will go out of date 12th of August.
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

_H2O wrote:RE is not playable compared to EP. We won’t be doing anything on RE. Iro are getting play on EP right now and it’s actually fair gsmes.

and how about : you stop pulling the rules, when you obviosly are not playing the game anymore? why should your openion be listened to anyways?
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

iwillspankyou wrote:
_H2O wrote:RE is not playable compared to EP. We won’t be doing anything on RE. Iro are getting play on EP right now and it’s actually fair gsmes.

and how about : you stop pulling the rules, when you obviosly are not playing the game anymore? why should your openion be listened to anyways?

2nd you are obviously not funding any games, but I am (thus far)
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

iwillspankyou wrote:

Why should your opinion matter?
r]
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

iwillspankyou wrote:

I'm sorry but he's kinda right. On the RE we would see Iro being played every serie, which would be boring as fuck. And Sioux would probably get played even less, as they're the worst RE civ.
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Post by Rikikipu »

You know I'm always for diversity, so I voted Mixed"
But an intersting point is that if there is no civ rules, it just gives a better feedback about what's the current state of the balance in the patch.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

I think there's little to improve on here. We have seen a lot of good series with these rules. And no resets doesn't sound good to me, people will only be able to play their favorite civ once. Maybe what you can do is no resets but allow players to pick 1 "main civ" before the event that they can pick more than once, maybe twice for a best of 5, thrice for a best of 7, four times for a bo9. This way you allow people to rely on their knowledge of one particular civ but it can still be counterpicked and they are still forced to win at least one game with a non-main civ.

Actually sounds kinda decent come to think of it.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

iwillspankyou wrote:

You don't have to play the game to see that EP is way better than RE right now. The civ diversity is higher than ever so we don't see 100 boring Otto/Iro games every tournament. Just by casting or watching games you can see EP is way more playable. His opinion should be listened to because a) as the leader of ESOC he is responsible for the tournaments b) he is one of the best AoE3 players ever and c) it's not really an opinion, it's a fact when you look at the statistics.

iwillspankyou wrote:
iwillspankyou wrote:

Money doesn't buy you the right to dictate the rules. It's for donating to a tournament, not buying the tournament.

But if you think that money does matter here, don't forget that Ryan spends hundreds of dollars on the servers costs and has spend hundreds of hours on working to improve ESOC.
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

The rules are done anyway :hmm:
shit juice :hmm:
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

iwillspankyou wrote:
iwillspankyou wrote:

That's just too much woman! Tbh your money doesnt fund games, but it funds for the prize pool for top3 positions, so just for winners of the final or quarterfinal games. I think in general a PR 15 also has less knowledge to speak on the game, so I know why anyone should not consider your opinion regardless of how much you "donate". H2O has written tons and tons of code which makes the brackets, pulls the rating off the jp ladder, selects maps and other utility functions for esoc, has funded the site for some time and has been managing the ESOC team with patience because it is not easy to keep a team of 25/30 people who come from different background and culture intact, I bet you can't do that provided you have given enough examples you can not even manage yourself. He has also donated most of his tourney earnings to esoc which he could spend for himself. And like Ede said, he is one of the greatest players of all time, is the best reason for anyone to listen to his opinion.
I think you should leave this place like you did some time ago. You are going crazy.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

iwillspankyou wrote:
edeholland wrote:
iwillspankyou wrote:If you had an option RE..I would vote for it.

I will take the bait. Why?

My main argument for that would be that most ppl play RE.
Even though I really like the patch in general, it has become a kind of "elitist" patch.
From a spectator point of view, it could be nice to have a tournament that are played on the "normal" patch.
As a player, the tips I gained by being a spectator on RE, would be more relavant to my own game.
It could also be interesting to see how big the differences to RE actually are now, and if our very good players would play the game in a very different manner than on EP.
:geek:

While spanky is obviously awfully unaware of how terrible RE balance is, some of her argument still stands strong and is actually pretty interesting. It would indeed be more fun to see games on the patch that you play most and I feel like it often tskes away from the viewing experience of new/low ranked players to see this wildly different balance.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Ashvin wrote:
iwillspankyou wrote:
Show hidden quotes

That's just too much woman! Tbh your money doesnt fund games, but it funds for the prize pool for top3 positions, so just for winners of the final or quarterfinal games. I think in general a PR 15 also has less knowledge to speak on the game, so I know why anyone should not consider your opinion regardless of how much you "donate". H2O has written tons and tons of code which makes the brackets, pulls the rating off the jp ladder, selects maps and other utility functions for esoc, has funded the site for some time and has been managing the ESOC team with patience because it is not easy to keep a team of 25/30 people who come from different background and culture intact, I bet you can't do that provided you have given enough examples you can not even manage yourself. He has also donated most of his tourney earnings to esoc which he could spend for himself. And like Ede said, he is one of the greatest players of all time, is the best reason for anyone to listen to his opinion.
I think you should leave this place like you did some time ago. You are going crazy.
Not crazy, just drunk. You shouldn't take drunk spankyou too seriously.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Two words:

Smurf tournament.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01

Post by edeholland »

QueenOfdestiny wrote:The rules are done anyway :hmm:

As long as they aren't published, why can't the rules be up for debate? :hmm:
No Flag Djigit
Howdah

Post by Djigit »

@spanky4ever You can fund a RE tournament instead of general donations. The balance is pretty ok on RE with the ESOC maps.
Because of the lure of profit, everybody would take part in your tournament, regardless of the patch and balance. Hell, you can even create your own rules to force participants to play Sioux at least once.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01

Post by edeholland »

iwillspankyou wrote:
edeholland wrote:
Show hidden quotes

While I understand your point, the patch is still relatively close to RE, so I think a tournament on RE wouldn't be interesting enough to make up for the horrible balance.

thx for understanding, at least, that is good. I did not think I would be listened to though. But IF you are up to it, I could fund a mini tournament on RE, after this, with a 400 in the pot :food: and I would request that any donations during this tournament, would be enriching the winners "pot" ;) One more tournament funded :shock: that is my terms, anyways :P
this promise will go out of date 12th of August.

Got Discord or Skype?
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Djigit wrote:@spanky4ever You can fund a RE tournament instead of general donations. The balance is pretty ok on RE with the ESOC maps.
Because of the lure of profit, everybody would take part in your tournament, regardless of the patch and balance. Hell, you can even create your own rules to force participants to play Sioux at least once.

Not so sure about that.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

edeholland wrote:
QueenOfdestiny wrote:The rules are done anyway :hmm:

As long as they aren't published, why can't the rules be up for debate? :hmm:

Never said that :hehe:
shit juice :hmm:
Switzerland ChewSick
Dragoon
ESO: chusik

Post by ChewSick »

i would actually like the opportunity to ban a civ, i really hate those ports :s
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

play turkey
Switzerland ChewSick
Dragoon

Post by ChewSick »

Hazza54321 wrote:play turkey

that's my plan
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

ChewSick wrote:i would actually like the opportunity to ban a civ, i really hate those ports :s

Thank you, anyone else?

Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

I wouldnt even consider signing up if people could ban my favorite civs tbh.
Switzerland ChewSick
Dragoon

Post by ChewSick »

momuuu wrote:I wouldnt even consider signing up if people could ban my favorite civs tbh.

I'm talking about banning 1 civ, not 5 :chinese:

maybe im biased in this but i've played League of Legends for over 4 years where 10 champs out of the 130 available are getting banned before every game and it works very well.
France Aykin Haraka
Howdah
EWT
ESO: aykin

Post by Aykin Haraka »

you don't need to play 14 civs for win a tourney
banning even 1 civ is too much