How many DPI

No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Re: How many DPI

Post by deleted_user »

Yeah, a (lowish) DPI with extremely fast camera movement/accerlaeration is where it's at.

It's not impossible to be good with high DPI, look at buttlyfe, but yeah, misclicks b real.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

aoe3 isn't a very competitive game, so a high dpi won't prevent you from getting good. In a game where you need to be fast and accurate (like fps games or sc2), it's impossible to get good with 6000 dpi, unless you play protoss ( :salt: :salt: :salt: ).
Still, Butifle struggled a lot because of his dpi, and he had a lot of game changing missclick issues.
Argentina coole01
Crossbow
ESO: coole01

Post by coole01 »

I used to put it in 1000 dpi but it's like I always need a little more movement and it's not exact.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

High DPI is good if you're trying to color an area with a pencil in MS Paint. Maybe that's how Eaglemut spends his free time.
Pay more attention to detail.
Argentina coole01
Crossbow
ESO: coole01

Post by coole01 »

a if it's like I have my own configured but really from 2000 to below is uncomfortable maybe something is wrong.
Attachments
bloody.PNG
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

coole01 wrote:a if it's like I have my own configured but really from 2000 to below is uncomfortable maybe something is wrong.

Well maybe you have a shit mousepad, or maybe your Windows aren't correct. Else, it's because you're too used to high dpi but you need to change that. After a few days your accuracy will improve if you lower it.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

I play Team Fortress 2, sometimes in a competitive setting, and a high DPI works way better for me because speed is way more important than pinpoint accuracy. This may perhaps be different when I would play sniper.
Bhutan jgals
Lancer
ESO: OstiferButthole

Post by jgals »

It’s two clicks forward on the DPi setting whatever that is on my mouse
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

gibson wrote:
Lukas_L99 wrote:I have 800 DPI
basically it means how far your mouse moves across your screen relative to have far you're moving your mouse. With a high DPI your mouse moves farther. You can move faster but it's harder to be precise. Lower DPI its easier to be precise, but you have to move your mouse much farther. Generally for gaming lower DPI is better, since precision is important.

thanks mr gibson
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Lukas_L99 wrote:
gibson wrote:
Lukas_L99 wrote:I have 800 DPI
basically it means how far your mouse moves across your screen relative to have far you're moving your mouse. With a high DPI your mouse moves farther. You can move faster but it's harder to be precise. Lower DPI its easier to be precise, but you have to move your mouse much farther. Generally for gaming lower DPI is better, since precision is important.

thanks mr gibson

Fuck meant to quote @supernoobpolean
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

edeholland wrote:I play Team Fortress 2, sometimes in a competitive setting, and a high DPI works way better for me because speed is way more important than pinpoint accuracy. This may perhaps be different when I would play sniper.

From my experience, you get faster too with lower dpi, because you don't have to aim. You just need to move and click, and you know you won't miss thanks to low dpi, while with high dpi you need to move (it's going to be faster thanks to low dpi) but then you need to aim before you click else the odds are high you will missclick.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01

Post by edeholland »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
edeholland wrote:I play Team Fortress 2, sometimes in a competitive setting, and a high DPI works way better for me because speed is way more important than pinpoint accuracy. This may perhaps be different when I would play sniper.

From my experience, you get faster too with lower dpi, because you don't have to aim. You just need to move and click, and you know you won't miss thanks to low dpi, while with high dpi you need to move (it's going to be faster thanks to low dpi) but then you need to aim before you click else the odds are high you will missclick.

Okay, you have me convinced to try it out. I will make it change my mouse to 1000 DPI, half of what I have normally, whenever I launch Team Fortress 2. (I still want high DPI when browsing and doing other computer stuff)

When I played some games (might take some time because vacation) I will let you know how my experience was.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Never played tf2 but I'd imagine that being a shooter precision is important and that like 800 DPI would just be better
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

High DPI is good for me. I've been high on DPI for years and I'm used to it, there's no way back. I'm also quite precise with it, I definitely wouldn't say the amount of missclicks is Major.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

That's just not possible. It does take a while to get used to low DPI, it took me some weeks going from 2000 to 800. You will be more precise once you get used to lower DPI
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01

Post by edeholland »

But you got to drag your mouse from one end of the mousepad to the other. How is that efficient.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

cause its better to take .1 seconds and have 70% accuracy than to take .05 seconds and have 40% accuracy.
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

EAGLEMUT wrote:5700 DPI on 2560x1440 desktop
6000 DPI on 1920x1080 laptop

Dude, how do you even click crates next to tc?!
I’m playing at 2000 dpi but looking to lower to at least 1600, maybe 1200 at some point

Edit: It turns out I actually use 1600, so 1200 here we go! :P

Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

macacoalbino wrote:

I’m playing at 2000 dpi but looking to lower to at least 1600, maybe 1200 at some point

I thought you palyed cs? how do you play with 1600 dpi lol
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

edeholland wrote:But you got to drag your mouse from one end of the mousepad to the other. How is that efficient.

What is your mousepad?
Also if you had to drag you drag your mouse from one end of the mousepad to the other, it means that you go through all the screen. And then the question is, how is going through all the screen with your mouse efficient?
Usually your mouse should always be in the middle of your screen because that's where you need it. So the issue is that your mouse moves aren't very efficient.
If you want to improve your mouse control, you should practice on aimbooster, and you'll see that you'll do much better with a low dpi.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

I think i use 800. I tried 1200 for some time, but it was just awkward and inacurate when i was microing fights.
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

[Sith] - Baphomet
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

1800 DPI on 1920x1080.

I disable “enhanced pointer precision” and set the windows mouse speed to the 6th tick. This turns off an software acceleration which causes inaccuracy and pixel skipping. You should copy these two settings then find your DPI.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

EAGLEMUT wrote:High DPI is good for me. I've been high on DPI for years and I'm used to it, there's no way back. I'm also quite precise with it, I definitely wouldn't say the amount of missclicks is Major.
No way Eaglemut's misclicks is a Major.
Pay more attention to detail.
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

gibson wrote:
macacoalbino wrote:

I thought you palyed cs? how do you play with 1600 dpi lol

Well I started with 2500+ (cant remember exactly). I would just move my wrist then. To me 1600 is really damn low, gotta move the arm way more than I was used to...
Lowering this much dpi was painful and my kdr suffered a lot in the process