France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Re: what is the best lame stratigy against russia

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

mmTakezo wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:On the RE I'd say:
Iro: Just go 15vills, TP in age 1, fast age up, then send 4 kanyas, make units (aennas mostly+the big button) and send unit shipments. At some point you might want to transition into a late colonial with 600w (for more TPs if you want to go stagecoach, or stable+market else) and 5v.
That's a basic BO, not the best one but it should work.

Otto: Go for the tower ff 3v/700c/700w/8jans/2falcs/1000c/5mams. It should just work fine too vs 95% of the Iro players.

These are the 2 easiest. Other than that you can try some French semi ff, Aztecs late colonial builds, India agra builds etc, but it's much harder mechanically.

And as Japan????

Hum, it's very hard.
I'd say that the easiest way is to turtle. So something like kami/CM/600w and go for a shrine boom while you hold with CM.

Else you can try to rush (something like 300w, torii age up 5ashis/5ashis with stable start) but I'm not a big fan.

@Gendarme Wtf full goon vs Russia
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

In my PR12 experience they always have some musks to be able to siege houses, and at least 9 cossacks. I only play France though. 5+5 goons and CDB+MM can hold off any colonial timing I think, and you always have that 2 falc shipment as second fortress shipment if the small blyat fuckers are too many.
Pay more attention to detail.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Gendarme wrote:In my PR12 experience they always have some musks to be able to siege houses, and at least 9 cossacks. I only play France though. 5+5 goons and CDB+MM can hold off any colonial timing I think, and you always have that 2 falc shipment as second fortress shipment if the small blyat fuckers are too many.

Well, as France you can start with 10 goons because semi ff is viable. As Dutch however, it's very hard to pull off, so by the time you reach the 3rd age he will have a good eco and not just musk+coss. And in middle game, full goon isn't sustainable vs Russia.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

After eleven years of playing this game, I remain in no position to speak for any civilization other than France.
Bhutan jgals
Lancer
ESO: OstiferButthole

Post by jgals »

how can dutch fortress mass match strelet mass? i dont see how its possible. Russia can have like 150 stre by 10 min right?
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

But then you make 5 hussars and kill his whole army.
Uzbekistan DjinnOfSorrow
Dragoon
ESO: WS6AR

Post by DjinnOfSorrow »

jgals wrote:how can dutch fortress mass match strelet mass? i dont see how its possible. Russia can have like 150 stre by 10 min right?

You are right. Strelets need to be nerfed.
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

Well for dutch there is really 2 situation : Map with a stagecoach line where the MU is fair and I am not totally sure dutch need to go age 3 (I think I would rather try to go for a timing with a lot of huss+pikes and skirms). On a map with no TP however, you can do a greedy naked ff covered by CM and then do whatever with your superior eco and age 3 units.

As France you should go age 3 ans then make a good use of 2 falcs. Start goons, but then don't forget to build some cuirs. Cuirs+goons destroys any russian age 2 army, still a couple of skirm can be usefull to hit and run.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Russia vs Japan is actually not one sided, not more than Russia Brits.
Russia vs Dutch is maybe one sided but I dont see why Dutch would need stagecoach. If anything they might need 4v to have some more eco to put on wood for pikes to play colo for longer.
Image Image Image
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01

Post by bwinner »

Garja wrote:Russia vs Japan is actually not one sided, not more than Russia Brits.
Russia vs Dutch is maybe one sided but I dont see why Dutch would need stagecoach. If anything they might need 4v to have some more eco to put on wood for pikes to play colo for longer.

No it's russia who stagecoach wtf
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

ah, ye makes sense. tho russia is fine wihthout it too.
Image Image Image
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01

Post by bwinner »

Garja wrote:ah, ye makes sense. tho russia is fine wihthout it too.

I don't think so, what do you do vs CM as russia when there is no TP ?
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

same thing really. CM was never the answer to Russia. It's just a temporary measure. It can work if timed perfectly while aging together with with normal defense (huss+skirm+pike) but then again you need 350f 350g for that. The only difference with the past is that now you basically get 280 or so more xp from banks which means an extra half card.
Image Image Image
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01

Post by bwinner »

Idk, one shooting rusket is very painfull and your other units have no siege
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

You dont need to siege. You just do a timing to kill his units right when he ages.
Image Image Image
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01

Post by bwinner »

Garja wrote:You dont need to siege. You just do a timing to kill his units right when he ages.

Well if he nacked ff as I said there is nothing to kill and you can't rly stay under TC
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Why not. It's not like he sends CM before making the banks and it's not like you can't idle him massively if he makes no units. With that said if he's FFing you can prob age up yourself after minimal pressure. I would have to actually play this MU again to figure out the exact best answer to every Dutch permutation build. All I know is that CM was never a satisfactory answer to Russia except for maybe when Dutch got 300w banks which meant they could add a TP at some point.
Image Image Image
Sweden tabben
Lancer
EWTNWC LAN Bronze
ESO: tabben

Post by tabben »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR9IDTPGtoo&t=1335s
Game 2 from that series shows a dutch CM vs Russia. It was successful there, though that was with cheaper banks iirc and the game was still very close. Imo Russia following up to age3 just plays into Dutch's hands. I'd rather just mass strel+coss and hit a boyars timing just as Dutch ages, or when they have to push out for hunts. This rec is a decent demonstration of that strategy vs Dutch CM:
Attachments
[EP5 SP] IamSideritCze[DU] vs tabben[RU] - ESOC Gran Chaco.age3yrec
(457.49 KiB) Downloaded 111 times
ESOC Gran Chaco
ESOC Gran Chaco
Rules: Supremacy (1v1)
Version: ESOC Patch 5.0
Length: 14 minutes
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01

Post by bwinner »

Ty @tabben this was the kind of stuff I was talking about. I need to say that this was the only game of the serie that dicktator son, which shows how powerfull it is. I remember playing it vs Osman befor this and getting absolutly destroyed.

I admit I have never tested on ep5 though. Idk how much the bank cost changes this, but I guess dutch still win it.