User avatar
Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer
Posts: 519
ESO: HUMMAN

15 Aug 2018, 23:38

If you need to pay resources to view your oppenent's deck, (not piroshiki) how much resources would you be willing to pay? And do you think you would do risky strats such as fi, mercs more often?
User avatar
United States of America Mvp618
Skirmisher
Posts: 133
ESO: Mvp618

16 Aug 2018, 03:04

thats a good question
User avatar
Tuvalu gibson
Gendarme
Posts: 7967
Location: USA

16 Aug 2018, 04:47

Nothing, you can't afford it early and later game it becomes irrelevant. It just makes scouting marginally more important. Personally I think it's dumb you can see the other person's deck. It's free, zero skill scouting.
User avatar
Croatia gryphoon94
Skirmisher
Posts: 167
ESO: GRYPHOON

16 Aug 2018, 04:55

gibson wrote:Nothing, you can't afford it early and later game it becomes irrelevant. It just makes scouting marginally more important. Personally I think it's dumb you can see the other person's deck. It's free, zero skill scouting.

I disagree, I think its worth 500f before 8min mark
Re: a nooby teammate on GoonGoon's 3v3 team
"[It's not his fault that] he doesn't have the capacity to understand that he's a noob" - GoonGoon
User avatar
Kiribati SirCallen
Gendarme
Posts: 6453
ESO: KTRAlN
Location: Midwest best west

16 Aug 2018, 04:56

800f before the 2 min mark
thank god for threads
and good screws
User avatar
Kiribati SirCallen
Gendarme
Posts: 6453
ESO: KTRAlN
Location: Midwest best west

16 Aug 2018, 04:57

Maybe 600f by the 12 min mark
thank god for threads
and good screws
User avatar
Kiribati SirCallen
Gendarme
Posts: 6453
ESO: KTRAlN
Location: Midwest best west

16 Aug 2018, 04:57

Or 200f by 20 min
thank god for threads
and good screws
User avatar
Kiribati SirCallen
Gendarme
Posts: 6453
ESO: KTRAlN
Location: Midwest best west

16 Aug 2018, 04:57

Worth 3 starting villagers? Only 300f
thank god for threads
and good screws
No Flag umeu
Gendarme
Posts: 8521

16 Aug 2018, 05:16

a hidden deck tournament would be funny lol. not sure how it can be organized. perhaps with everyone recording their pov to ensure nobody checks the other player's deck :P

or just a showmatch, where both players stream.
User avatar
Finland princeofkabul
Howdah
Posts: 1614
ESO: Terkkson
Location: Cold ghettos of Malmö

16 Aug 2018, 08:10

gibson wrote:Nothing, you can't afford it early and later game it becomes irrelevant. It just makes scouting marginally more important. Personally I think it's dumb you can see the other person's deck. It's free, zero skill scouting.


what you mean by later game?
https://gyazo.com/e23a3b3b415a4ea81b4ba113e25e5938
LoOk_tOm: U think that can u the lag
Hazza54321: Go fking play mariokart seriously
"I rather suck dick than play treaty" - Gibson 2k17
User avatar
No Flag ovi12
Jaeger
Posts: 4092

16 Aug 2018, 09:10

gibson wrote:Nothing, you can't afford it early and later game it becomes irrelevant.

Lol how can you say something like that; here are the first things that popped into my mind that you would like to know mid game:


-What kind of mercs they have in deck
-Do they have water cards
-Do they have eco cards
-Do they have any age 4 unit cards
-If they are Aizamk you want to check %100 anyway
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
User avatar
No Flag ovi12
Jaeger
Posts: 4092

16 Aug 2018, 09:14

It's hard to say because I would pay different things in different situations. I would say 100 resources would be a maximum most of the time; maybe in some extreme situations up to 200, but that would be really pushing it.

I think I would do more risky strats; whenever I pick an FI deck, I feel very insecure because I feel like the enemy can just take one look at my deck and go "ok I know what's going on", so I am hoping he just doesn't check.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
User avatar
No Flag ovi12
Jaeger
Posts: 4092

16 Aug 2018, 09:16

umeu wrote:a hidden deck tournament would be funny lol. not sure how it can be organized. perhaps with everyone recording their pov to ensure nobody checks the other player's deck :P

or just a showmatch, where both players stream.

Yeah that would be insanely cool
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
No Flag umeu
Gendarme
Posts: 8521

16 Aug 2018, 10:06

the game would definitely be better if you couldn't check decks tbh.
Cyprus Snuden
Jaeger
Posts: 2343
ESO: Snuden
Location: Bohemian Grove

16 Aug 2018, 10:39

I always check, but rarely find useful information.
In the rare event I can see an FI coming, I don't know what to do anyway.

Main reason I check it is so I can feel better than most other noobs and get a "at least I don't make that mistake" feeling.
36: This herd, was not herded correctly towards his town center
User avatar
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
Posts: 13835
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

16 Aug 2018, 11:19

Id pay max 50 resources for it. Its generally really useless since any non standard shipment is just weak.

"When life give you incompetence, participate in the betting" - Jerom, winner of autumn betting, 2016
"but wer eyiu playig a gainst someone as magnificent as jerom? thats wha ti thogutb jerom is a beaaitful human being"- Mr_Bramboy
Germany lordraphael
Jaeger
EWTDonator 01
Posts: 2122

16 Aug 2018, 11:21

umeu wrote:the game would definitely be better if you couldn't check decks tbh.

yes seing score and decks dont have a place in a rts
breeze wrote:they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
User avatar
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 02
Posts: 6176
ESO: Garja

16 Aug 2018, 11:25

It is a needed feature because of how extreme certain playstyles can be. Also there is some dtrategy to playing with the opponent deck.
Estonia jesus3
Howdah
Posts: 1084

16 Aug 2018, 11:40

Snuden wrote:I always check, but rarely find useful information.
In the rare event I can see an FI coming, I don't know what to do anyway.

Main reason I check it is so I can feel better than most other noobs and get a "at least I don't make that mistake" feeling.


Recently, as a means to have more fun, I completely ignore my opponents strat and just execute whatever I have in mind.
User avatar
Great Britain thomasgreen6
Dragoon
Posts: 218
ESO: Thomasgreen6
Location: UK

16 Aug 2018, 12:14

SirCallen wrote:Worth 3 starting villagers?

@Lord_Dyzio
'I'm gonna win this and I'm just gonna enjoy it' - Tibia 2k18

http://www.Twitch.tv/thomasgreen6
User avatar
Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer
Posts: 519
ESO: HUMMAN

16 Aug 2018, 13:21

I think it would be cool if you could see enemy deck when you build church.

Garja wrote:It is a needed feature because of how extreme certain playstyles can be. Also there is some dtrategy to playing with the opponent deck.


Is'nt the extreme what makes it beautiful? Imagine any card game, (yugi-oh etc.) where you play with open deck. All the suprise is gone, but design is such good still unit pop outs and tactical cards excite me.
User avatar
United States of America evilcheadar
Jaeger
Posts: 3762
Location: USA

16 Aug 2018, 14:45

Seeing the full deck early makes no sense.
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
User avatar
Uzbekistan DjinnOfSorrow
Dragoon
Posts: 210
ESO: WS6AR
Location: USA

16 Aug 2018, 18:45

lordraphael wrote:
umeu wrote:the game would definitely be better if you couldn't check decks tbh.

yes seing score and decks dont have a place in a rts

And how many tps, thats always bugged me. Removes the point of scouting, well some.
User avatar
Kiribati SirCallen
Gendarme
Posts: 6453
ESO: KTRAlN
Location: Midwest best west

16 Aug 2018, 19:10

This game has such shit age 1 balance that removing that amount of baseline scouting information could run into balance issues.
thank god for threads
and good screws
Germany lordraphael
Jaeger
EWTDonator 01
Posts: 2122

16 Aug 2018, 19:12

DjinnOfSorrow wrote:
lordraphael wrote:
umeu wrote:the game would definitely be better if you couldn't check decks tbh.

yes seing score and decks dont have a place in a rts

And how many tps, thats always bugged me. Removes the point of scouting, well some.

1. I mean its already pretty much impossible to do some proxy strats because of how small maps are and also because theres not really any super surprising units that can be made, unlike in sc2, but add free information over decks score and tp to that and it becomes completly impossible
breeze wrote:they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.

Forum Info

Return to “General”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: momuuu and 1 guest