Videos to learn

No Flag aigleroyal
Crossbow

Videos to learn

Post by aigleroyal »

Hey guys
I watched a lot of casts lately to get better (mainly from veni and interjection). I noticed that the ones that are 1st person (like a recorded stream from veni) help me much more than casts were they switch from player to player. I dont watch many streams on twitch. you know some player that do youtube videos in 1st person?

What is the benefit of a minimized UI?
I still havent found a page where i can compare unit stats since most are really not up to date. Someone knows a webpage or tool?

Im really enjoying to play India.

thx for your answers
United States of America Durokan
Retired Contributor
ESO: Durokan

Videos to learn

Post by Durokan »

kingluki55 wrote:Hey guys
I watched a lot of casts lately to get better (mainly from veni and interjection). I noticed that the ones that are 1st person (like a recorded stream from veni) help me much more than casts were they switch from player to player. I dont watch many streams on twitch. you know some player that do youtube videos in 1st person?

I still havent found a page where i can compare unit stats since most are really not up to date. Someone knows a webpage or tool?

thx for your answers
A minimized UI allows more on the screen due to the smaller UI. Being able to see more on screen is a good thing. (you can see raids sooner, can see more of the opponents army/base etc)

Something I would reccomend avoiding for precise specifics is this site. I found that especially the native unit statistics were patch(es) out of date. That doesnt really answer that part of the question, but it does tell you what to not use.

I have heard good things about BigThunderMan[strike], though I havent watched any of his material myself.[/strike] I read on some random post from this forum that he doesnt hotkey very often so it is very easy for newer players to follow what he is doing. For instance, watching <'insert top player here>' play can be very baffling and would not be good for an extremely new player, but as you increase in skill their gameplay is very helpful.

Edit: just watched this video by BigThunderMan on 2x speed to get the gist of him and he talks through the entire game and explains it all. Very nice, especially for newer players.
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Videos to learn

Post by yurashic »

durokan wrote:
kingluki55 wrote:Hey guys

thx for your answers
A minimized UI allows more on the screen due to the smaller UI. Being able to see more on screen is a good thing. (you can see raids sooner, can see more of the opponents army/base etc)

Something I would reccomend avoiding for precise specifics is this site. I found that especially the native unit statistics were patch(es) out of date. That doesnt really answer that part of the question, but it does tell you what to not use.

I have heard good things about BigThunderMan[strike], though I havent watched any of his material myself.[/strike] I read on some random post from this forum that he doesnt hotkey very often so it is very easy for newer players to follow what he is doing. For instance, watching <'insert top player here>' play can be very baffling and would not be good for an extremely new player, but as you increase in skill their gameplay is very helpful.

Edit: just watched this video by BigThunderMan on 2x speed to get the gist of him and he talks through the entire game and explains it all. Very nice, especially for newer players.
I dont recommend watching BigThunderMan if you want to play better, he is not a good player. I would rather advice to watch games from the official AoE3 channel - they are mainly first person and are casted by Zutazuta: youtube.com/user/officialageofempires

There are a couple low level gameplay analysis videos that might help to understand things as well.
Retired Contributor

Videos to learn

Post by Durokan »

He had already mentioned interjection, who casts alot with zuta. I was trying to add other people in as well. Regardless of how btm plays, he does say important things to look for, and it meets the criteria of being in first person.
France iNcog
Ninja

Videos to learn

Post by iNcog »

he's enthusiastic and gets a lot of views

not a bad deal

he's also quite honest with himself
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag aigleroyal
Crossbow

Videos to learn

Post by aigleroyal »

Thx for the answers. I found some really good ones.
I also like the replays here very much (can do the 1st person view and the fog of war or look around the map). Is there a side that also has much replays ( maybe befor esocummunity.net existed?)? Where can i find more replays of good players ?
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Videos to learn

Post by britishmusketeer »

www.rts-sanctuary.com is good for replays.
Belgium stanleywinston
Dragoon
Beginner Division WinnerDonator 01
ESO: Stanley_Winston

Videos to learn

Post by stanleywinston »

Veni_Vidi_Vici_W's channel has some great introduction videos to macro, micro and insights. You definitely want to check his YouTube channel out. It's really good to get good knowledge of the game and improve your own decision making. I had some really great help watching his videos and improved a lot because of them. https://www.youtube.com/user/venividiviciw
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Videos to learn

Post by Marco1698 »

Go yt go veni channel there are many video to learn there
No Flag 22k
Crossbow

Videos to learn

Post by 22k »

veni is good for beginner and good players, look like a good guy! also i like see interjection... he can describe the situation very well and talk about the game very energetic.

there some twitch tvs with some h20, samwise, aimzak twicth tv channels who always have first person gameplays
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Videos to learn

Post by Marco1698 »

Yep
No Flag aigleroyal
Crossbow

Videos to learn

Post by aigleroyal »

Thank you all for the answers! I like the replays and veni?s videos most:).
Marco 1698 you made a threat of multiple accounts. How can i get more than one? xD
Buy a new game?
Retired Contributor

Videos to learn

Post by Durokan »

kingluki55 wrote:Thank you all for the answers! I like the replays and veni?s videos most:).
Marco 1698 you made a threat of multiple accounts. How can i get more than one? xD
Buy a new game?
Yeah you either buy a new account or steal one. Don''t steal one. You can get another account for ~10 dollars during the steam sales (winter and summer, normally june 15ish and december 15ish irrc)
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Videos to learn

Post by edeholland »

Don't buy a new account, it's called smurfing and smurfs are blue
No Flag aigleroyal
Crossbow

Videos to learn

Post by aigleroyal »

Yes i dont wanna buy a knew one:). And for sure not smurfing, if it would be costless i would have gotten one to play india (not to get kiked).
i dont like smurfing :)