This is why AOE3 is dying!

Great Britain FarFetched
Crossbow
ESO: wellhiisaidhi

This is why AOE3 is dying!

Post by FarFetched »

Paragraph is in relation to video below, Mitoe VS GoonGoon FINALS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q5vBtoH6L4
My overall Insights from the Finals, and why ESOC needs to rethink who they allow to cast semi finals and Finals:
Chrisie is not a good caster. He made so many idiotic statements throughout this cast, tries to act better than what he is. And is really clueless about Japan despite acting like knowing them very well. When SirCallen (good caster), made his comment about the axe riders costing nearly no coin and a lot of food, Chrisie provides with great insight... "it's an even worse distribution than the Ashigaru Musk, those are extremely food heavy". Not only are Ashigaru not even food heavy at all, they have a perfect distribution 2:1 food to gold. They cost less food than both sepoy and jans. And only 5 more food then Musk. And they cost more gold than all musk units, making them the most evenly distributed heavy inf unit in the game. So where the fuck is Chrisie digging up extremely food heavy and worse than Axe rider in the distribution department. This is why AOE is coming to an end, we allow 2nd lts to run high level tourny games, it's quite sad. IMO at r032+ we should have only pr35+ casting. This isn't a hate speech on Chrisie as he probably is a great guy, but his game knowledge is lacking, and you can tell Callen is the one acting as the stabiliser here, keeping this fucking stream running.
In addition these are the facts , from my broad knowledge of AOE, qualified casters in my level headed opinion:
No particular Order altho I will say by far the best caster in AOE is Veni:
-Veni
-Zuta
-Inter (has learnt game knowledge over time alongisde zuta) and just has excellent commentary
-Hazza
-Kaiser (not queen, sorry, altho I'd still rather queen over chrisie or radix anyday, and queen+ kaiser together is decent)
-tabben
-Mitoe
-Callen
-Aizamk
-Umeu
-H20
-Wicked Cossack
-MusketJr
-Tedere12
-Butifle
-Jerom

I may have forgotten a few others but those are definitely the best casters
so why do we employ
Chrisie/Radix and others who know nothing about the game!
Germany richard
Dragoon

Re: This is why AOE3 is dying!

Post by richard »

Hello, thanks for your post.

I want to know the definition of "good", please

Well Greetings,
Yours,
Sincerely,
Richard IIIII
Great Britain FarFetched
Crossbow

Post by FarFetched »

richard wrote:Hello, thanks for your post.

I want to know the definition of "good", please

Well Greetings,
Yours,
Sincerely,
Richard IIIII

I've compiled a list above.
Sincerely,
Your boy FarFetched
No Flag nightscr3am
Crossbow

Post by nightscr3am »

i cant be the only one who saw 'Mitoe vs Goongoon FINALS!' and thought thats what the post was about :P
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

You're not wrong. I really hate it when casters are just spurting out utter nonsense constantly. I get that some casters are not as great at the game and that can be fine, but in its current form its not. If you are a pr20 you shouldnt spend most of your cast criticizing player decisions that you actually dont understand in the slightest and your comments on how the game works are completely irrelvant. If a caster like that just mentions whatever is going on without slamming his useless opinion on it it would actually be fine. Not great, but not extremely annoying either.

FarFetched wrote:I may have forgotten a few others but those are definitely the best casters
so why do we employ

Because 'good' casters like Jerom are only available once in every ten solar eclipses while people like chrisie have a lot of availability and put in serious effort.
Great Britain FarFetched
Crossbow

Post by FarFetched »

momuuu wrote:You're not wrong. I really hate it when casters are just spurting out utter nonsense constantly. I get that some casters are not as great at the game and that can be fine, but in its current form its not. If you are a pr20 you shouldnt spend most of your cast criticizing player decisions that you actually dont understand in the slightest and your comments on how the game works are completely irrelvant. If a caster like that just mentions whatever is going on without slamming his useless opinion on it it would actually be fine. Not great, but not extremely annoying either.

FarFetched wrote:I may have forgotten a few others but those are definitely the best casters
so why do we employ

Because 'good' casters like Jerom are only available once in every ten solar eclipses while people like chrisie have a lot of availability and put in serious effort.

I still think ESOC should really have pr32+ players casting atleast semi finals and finals, with exception of Interjection, seeing as he has been casting for like half a decade or more, and has developed decent knowledge, but has really good overall casting abilities, and often sticks to pointing out the obvious, occasionally provides his own insight, but doesn't do it in an annoying way, and hardly makes dumb comments like Chrisie.
"If your pr20 you shouldnt spend most of cast criticizing player decisions"
Pr20's shouldn't be casting period. Let alone Finals lol
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

momuuu wrote:You're not wrong. I really hate it when casters are just spurting out utter nonsense constantly. I get that some casters are not as great at the game and that can be fine, but in its current form its not. If you are a pr20 you shouldnt spend most of your cast criticizing player decisions that you actually dont understand in the slightest and your comments on how the game works are completely irrelvant. If a caster like that just mentions whatever is going on without slamming his useless opinion on it it would actually be fine. Not great, but not extremely annoying either.

so why do we employ

seems like its the fault of the good casters like jerom
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Great Britain FarFetched
Crossbow

Post by FarFetched »

Like I'm pretty sure goongoon vs rapha was solo casted by Radix Lecti. That has to be biggest joke, like cmon. A series like that deserved atleast a half decent caster, and half decent player, to provide decent insight. I was just waiting for Radix to make a few absurd comments, and boy did he deliver.
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

@FarFetched Hey man, even though there is some truth in what you stated, do you really believe what you wrote in the title? Imho it is a good example of clickbait.
You state "AoE3 is dying" and " Chrisie is not a good caster". But as @BrookG would tell you, correlation doesn't mean causation, and you didn't demonstrate any implication from the 2nd statement to the 1st one. For you to be right, you'd have to prove that "Chrisie not being a good caster and casting the finals of the ESOC Autumn 2017 Championship" is enough to discourage thousands of players to keep playing or to start playing AoE3, and you're far from doing this in the OP.
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

OP is Sir_Musket btw.

You're describing an unsolvable problem without offering any solutions. If you think that you're the only genius who has realized that having a pr20 cast the finals is not ideal, then you're wrong. Find me an active pr35 caster duo and then make a new thread, please. Usually I would advise people like you to send an application to Jim, but having a banned player on the casting team would probably not reflect well on ESOC.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

You could try giving constructive criticism to help casters improve (I see that I am also not in your list, so I would love to hear what I should do better) but since I have noticed your inability to improve yourself, I doubt you are able to be helpful to others.
Great Britain FarFetched
Crossbow

Post by FarFetched »

P i k i l i c wrote:@FarFetched Hey man, even though there is some truth in what you stated, do you really believe what you wrote in the title? Imho it is a good example of clickbait.
You state "AoE3 is dying" and " Chrisie is not a good caster". But as @BrookG would tell you, correlation doesn't mean causation, and you didn't demonstrate any implication from the 2nd statement to the 1st one. For you to be right, you'd have to prove that "Chrisie not being a good caster and casting the finals of the ESOC Autumn 2017 Championship" is enough to discourage thousands of players to keep playing or to start playing AoE3, and you're far from doing this in the OP.

Yes I believe in what I say
Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor
ESO: BrookG

Post by BrookG »

P i k i l i c wrote:@FarFetched Hey man, even though there is some truth in what you stated, do you really believe what you wrote in the title? Imho it is a good example of clickbait.

OMG :love: :love: :love: MY SIGNATURE WAS QUOTED! (sorry for caps, couldn't handle my excitement).

But indeed, managing the ESOC resources, whether is casters, staff, or any other kind of resources, is by no means a trivial task. Quality stream is being stabilised with regards resolution. From what I have observed, this tournament has been running rather smoothly, with few delays and decent scheduling. Then we need to minimise map rehosts, for less waiting time during stream. This could mean better refinement of maps, utilizing helping tools of the UI, or a unilateral and possibly stricter approach for whether a rehost should occur. Lastly, the content with regards casting is the hardest to deal with, especially considering the few amount of available casters, in general or scheduled. Nevertheless, discarding a few people that don't have the proper game knowledge could potentially mean that the games will not be streamed or casted at all.

As for believing what you say, doesn't provide evidence for your argument, but rather diminishing its value calling purely to your personal opinion, without any other support.
Correlation doesn't mean causation.
http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

"mr.brookg go buy jeans and goto the club with somppuli" - Princeofkabul, July 2018
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor
ESO: Butifle

Post by Googol »

Hit me up if you need a coaster if there's lack of them.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

what if you need a Koaster
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

where is @H2O_ , when we need a caster?
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

princeofkabul wrote:where is @H2O_ , when we need a caster?

More importantly, where is @_H2O ?
Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer
ESO: HUMMAN

Post by HUMMAN »

Well cleary since better casters are not avaible other casters come to help, and they learn in the process if they are motivated.(like inter greatest.caster for some people) And retarted people like u keep demotivating casters and ironically state aoe is dying because of that. Xdddd
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X44ISz51bZg#

:hehe:
Sadly I don't find the best point but should be around 40-50min in the lobby...
Enjoy it
shit juice :hmm:
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:OP is Sir_Musket btw.

That basically made the thread entirely irrelevant. Chrisie casting games is not killing aoe3, but moesbar hacking and being toxic to the community like sirmusket... yeah that will.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

GO OFF incoguuu
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

kami_ryu wrote:

That basically made the thread entirely irrelevant. Chrisie casting games is not killing aoe3, but moesbar hacking and being toxic to the community like sirmusket... yeah that will.

Why does that invalidate whatever point he is making?
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Why is musket not banned already? And why is the guy who literally showed the worst casting skills ever (see the video linked by queen in this thread) flaming anyone else casting?
And wow yeah, guess what, if we had a bunch of people who are pr35+, and actually want to cast, and have a decent english, and do a good job at casting, and are available to cast when we need them... Maybe we'd have more pr35+ casting the later rounds, who knows??!!?!?
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

momuuu wrote:
kami_ryu wrote:

Why does that invalidate whatever point he is making?

His point? You mean, "pr 30-35+ have better knowledge than 2lts"? ...
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

I would like to cast more but my mic setup is abit awkward i still dont know if it was my end or lecastete. Also being ridiculously overpowered and by making kids look like fools has made it hard to cast my own games